Author Topic: <non revo> Dusty Rhodes  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Pickett

• View Profile
<non revo> Dusty Rhodes
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »
Dusty Rhodes
HS:8
SSV:4
Legend Superstar Ability:
You cannot pack Submission or High Risk Manuevers, unless they have the word "elbow" in the title.
Your manuevers with the word "elbow" in the title cannot be reversed by hybrid reversals.
Once during each of your turns you may discard one cardsearch your arsenal for a manuever with the word "elbow" in the title or the card titled "Charismatic Style"  reveal it to your opponent, put it into your had and shuffle you arsenal.
Your cards titled "Bionic Elbow" are -5F and you may disregard the "can only be played" text

The American Dream
Pre-Match Event
At the end of the Pre-Match Phase discard any number of cards with the word "elbow" in the title, and your opponent puts number of cards under his arsenal equal to the number of cards discarded
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:24:47 PM by Pickett »

Offline JoeyCacks

• View Profile
Re: <non revo> Dusty Rhodes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:01:44 PM »
THATS PRETTY DECENT!! The only thing i dont see right with this is how many maneuvers have elbow in the title.
Joeyy Cacks
Ranking: Always Changing
Seacrest OUT!

Offline Yokozuma

• Dan Hibiki mocks your post...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:17:50 PM »
Well, of all non-revo cards, the following are maneuvers with "Elbow" in the title that are available to Dusty:

Bionic Elbow
Blindside Elbow Drop
Collar and Elbow Lockup
Corkscrew Elbow
Elbow Drop
Elbow Smash
Flying Reverse Elbow
Running Elbow Smash
Running Elbow Smash (T)
Spinning Straight Elbow
Whirling Elbow

Not a bad list to use. Pretty much all Strikes/High Risks, though.

I'd build Dusty around going for the bigger elbow maneuvers after using Bionics and smaller, harder to reverse maneuvers. I'd use Go For The Cover (T) to force overturning onto my opponent and just keeping beating on him. Basic aggro strategy that we all love to use.

But that's just me.
FAQ:
Divine Intervention
-Lashley's non-unique maneuvers cannot be reversed by Divine Intervention when it is overturned.

See, if the McMahons had Lashley on their team when they fought Shawn and God, they would have stood a chance!

Wii Code: 2082 4005 4571 3694
PM for adding me.

Offline The GOAT

• Buffalo: Where it snows a lot and we shun change
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 01:50:38 PM »
Spinning Straight Elbow has the Booker T and Matt Hardy logos, Dusty couldn't pack it.

Aside from that, my immediate reaction is that a) Dusty deserves a full complement of cards and b) this ability reflects one narrow aspect of his over-all in ring persona.

Although I hate being "that guy" I'm gonna give you a couple Dusty cards I think might be more appropriate.

Dusty Rhodes
SHS: 8
SSV: 5
Legend SSA: You cannot pack Submissions or High Risk Maneuvers.
Once during each of your turns, you may put 2 cards from your hand on the bottom of your arsenal, then draw 1 card.  If you do, choose 1 card in your opponent's ring area, that card has blank text until the start of your next turn.
Your cards titled Bionic Elbow and Charismatic Style cannot be reversed from your opponent's hand.

The American Dream
Pre-match Event
Your pre-match cards with "Interview" in the title or "Legend Superstar" in the text have the added text, "The maximum number of pre-match cards you may have in your ring area is increased by 1."
During your turn, you may put this card into your ringside pile, then search your arsenal for a card titled Bionic Elbow, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle your arsenal.  If that is your next card played, it is -5F and your opponent's reversals to it are +10F and you may ignore the "Can only be played after..." text.
Unique
F:0 D:0

While I don't have time to make up a slew of cards, I think you get the point.  Dusty did more than just come out, shake his pelvis and elbow people in the head.  I mean, there are superstars in Raw Deal who were pigeon-holed just as bad.  Such as Tajiri who apparently doesn't know how to do any moves aside from kicks and strange submission maneuvers that no one has ever seen.  While anyone who watched ECW knows that Tajiri is a fantastic wrestler who utilizes his kicks to his advantage, thats not all he is capable of doing.  Hence expanding Dusty's capabilities.
STRONG MAD of Team Strong Bad

2007 Central New York Champion

The only man to win 2 Draft tournaments at Canadian Qualifier Events after crapping out in the Qualifier.