Hardy boyz questions

Started by Fatdiez, June 05, 2024, 06:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatdiez

Hi all i need some clarifications.

1. Can Poetry In Motion works with Reunited even though Poetry is using old text?

Reunited
Pre-match Event
When packing this card, you may pack either That's Suicide! or Mattitude Adjustment.
You may play this card during any Pre-match phase.
Your Spin Cycle is now a High Risk instead.
Ignore the 'Can only be played...' text on your Hardy Boyz-specific cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS
V1

Poetry in Motion
Trademark Finisher
The card titled Throw Into the Corner Turnbuckle must be played before playing this card.
When successfully played, you must discard 1 card and your opponent must discard 4 cards.
F: 25     D: 25     SV: 3     Unique
BL

2. How does the non-tb Put It on the line text works?

(Play Maneuver -> Put PIAOTL into RSP -> Play High risk)??

Put It All On the Line
Action
When this card is in your Ring area, you may put this card into your Ringside pile after a successfully played maneuver.  If your next card played this turn is a High Risk maneuver and it is not reversed from your opponent's hand or Arsenal, shuffle your Ringside pile into your Arsenal; if it is reversed, discard 4 cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
BL, SS2

ponder505

1. No. As far as I'm aware, there has been no update to Poetry in Motion's text, and Reunited says nothing about ignoring the text that is there.

2. The way this works is that once PIAOTL is in your Ring, you have to successfully play a maneuver. If you do, nothing happens immediately. Note that this is not an ACE because you do not get an effect at this juncture, so this effect cannot be reversed. If you then play a High Risk, your opponent may reverse it as normal. If they do, you discard 4 cards. If the reversal came from their Hand or Arsenal, nothing further happens. If they reverse from Backlash, Ring, or Backstage, or they do not reverse it at all, you Recover your Ringside.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on OCTGN? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Fatdiez