News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

Backstage questions

Started by Fatdiez, November 20, 2022, 09:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatdiez

Hi all, need some clarifications.
Since goldberg and chyna reversing ability counts as reversing from backstage. Does face cards count as superstar specific backstage cards for card effects? Below card text for reference.

Apron Bomb
Grapple + Grapple
When you have a Superstar-specific card in your Backstage with "Bomb" in the title or text, or you are Kevin Owens, this card is a Trademark Finisher instead.
Can only be played as a Counter (Arsenal) or if Roll Out of the Ring is in any Ring.
Discard 2 cards and your opponent discards 5 cards.
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     Multi     RMS     Cheater
V11

dilbert505

No. "Backstage card" is a card type, and only cards that have that card type count as such for card effects, unless another card specifically says it does. There are other cards that are packed in the Backstage that are not Backstage cards, such as Superstar cards and Enforcers.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Fatdiez

Quote from: dilbert505 on November 20, 2022, 09:14:10 PMNo. "Backstage card" is a card type, and only cards that have that card type count as such for card effects, unless another card specifically says it does. There are other cards that are packed in the Backstage that are not Backstage cards, such as Superstar cards and Enforcers.

So to quote your explainations and to the abovementioned apron bomb. Does face cards counts as superstar specific cards for apron bomb because it doesnt state backstage cards instead it counts for superstar specific cards and face cards technically counts as 1 since it has its own logo on it.

dilbert505

I had started my answer before you edited Apron Bomb into your original post, so while what I said answered the original post, it didn't answer anything related to Apron Bomb.

That card does not look for Backstage cards, but for cards in the Backstage. A Superstar or Enforcer card with Bomb in the text would count.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Fatdiez

Quote from: dilbert505 on November 20, 2022, 10:17:07 PMI had started my answer before you edited Apron Bomb into your original post, so while what I said answered the original post, it didn't answer anything related to Apron Bomb.

That card does not look for Backstage cards, but for cards in the Backstage. A Superstar or Enforcer card with Bomb in the text would count.

Ahh My bad. But thanks alot for the clarifications.