News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

Desperate Struggle + Drawing a Blank

Started by Tim (From SG), July 26, 2022, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim (From SG)

Hi guys. Another question to clarify for the interaction between the two mentioned cards.

Let's say if I'm running behind fort, at 0F, and I play Desperate Struggle with OG blank text Punch strike move (0f 3d), does the Punch move still gets protection from Drawing a Blank?

Relevant text from DaB:
During your turn, when you have equal or lower Fortitude and your first card played from hand is a non-BASH non-multi non-Revolution maneuver with blank text, it cannot be reversed by non-Unique reversals from hand or Ringside.

Punch is my first card from hand along with desperate struggle from backlash, so I assume it gets the DaB protection in this case? Or is Punch considered the 2nd card played since it's played concurrently with Desperate Struggle.

Appreciate the clarification for this, thanks much in advance!

Full card text from tco forum for reference:

Desperate Struggle
Mid-match Maneuver: Special
Cannot be packed when packing Mid-match cards with 'panic' in the title.
Can only be played when you have lower Fortitude, with a non-Revolution printed F: 0 3D- maneuver from your hand; this card gains that card's maneuver type. Your opponent cannot play Over Sell Maneuver in response, and unless both are reversed when played, both are successful; unless both cards are reversed, your turn continues.
During your turn when his Fortitude is 20+ and this card is in your Backlash or Ringside, you may remove it from the game and shuffle 1 card from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 2     Unique     RMS

Drawing a Blank
Pre-match Event
Cannot be packed by Cryme Tyme, JBL, MVP, or Stevie Richards.  Cannot be blanked, and no other card can gain this text.
Your cards with 'psychology' in the title are blank.
During your turn, when you have equal or lower Fortitude and your first card played from hand is a non-BASH non-multi non-Revolution maneuver with blank text, it cannot be reversed by non-Unique reversals from hand or Ringside.
Before your Draw Segment when your Ability is blank, choose one: draw 1 card if you have less than 10 cards in hand, or put up to 1 card from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Hogtrail

Your assumption is correct. While Desperate Struggle is played first, Punch is your first card played from hand, thus meeting DAB's requirements.

Tim (From SG)

Thanks much Hogtrail for confirming!

Cheers!