Author Topic: Gen Con 2021  (Read 712 times)

Offline KD8ESU

• Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
Gen Con 2021
« on: March 17, 2021, 02:02:53 PM »
I got the email about two hours ago from Gen Con, but they have officially moved the dates of the show from Early August to September 16-19.  https://www.gencon.com/ is also showing it.

I don't know what this will mean for Raw Deal at the event, I know many of the people on here have families and kids (and that means school).

I'll leave this up here for people to talk about.
hXi

Offline CRASHER

• View Profile
Re: Gen Con 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 02:24:27 PM »
Since it looks like limited capacity and I can see the smaller events kicked to the curb and the reality of it being during the school year,m I can't say for sure but I'd list raw deal presence as doubtful for this year, as much as it sucks to say it ....least that's how I'm looking at it now .....
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 07:16:21 PM »
I will be attending. I got my first vaccine, I get my second one on April 3rd, and I'll feel safe enough and with the limitations on attendance to attend.

I did get a badge for last year and rolled that over, so I know I'll be guaranteed admission.

Hope to see some of you there.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline freedude232

• I kicked his leg out from under his leg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »
It's during my school year, I'd have to skip 5-6 days to attend, might just do it!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 06:19:38 AM »
If Raw Deal is to be a presence I can set it up, but since its now in September when my kids will be in school I highly doubt I will be attending.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline freedude232

• I kicked his leg out from under his leg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 07:51:07 PM »
I'm hoping there will be some form of deal there, wanna play in person. Just finished getting my Brain Pillman deck ready to print!

Offline KD8ESU

• Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 05:09:51 PM »
UPDATE!!!!

Badge Registration opens on Sunday, May 23, at NOON EST (9 PST).
There is capped attendance for 2021, so if you don't have a a badge from it being rolled over from 2020, I'd have your clock set to go when it goes live.

On an aside from the "information" updates; it's looking like no "official" Raw Deal presence will happen this year; can anyone confirm this?  I have ideas that I don't want to blow if nothing is happening.
hXi

Offline CRASHER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 05:57:00 PM »
Neither myself or Mitch can go mid-september.... So yeah, there doesn't seem there will be a raw deal presence .....
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 06:57:48 PM »
Well, I do hope that at least a couple folks from here can attend so I can meet up with you.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.