News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

2018 Revision Discussion

Started by CreedP, May 22, 2018, 08:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreedP

It's that time again, where we fix typos, correct oversights, tone down some accidental overpowered guys, and bring some people up from the bottom tier.  Here's some of the major talking points from the 2018 Revisions, planned to go live JUNE 1ST:

* Shenanigans - 12 new Shenanigans cards!  Just kidding, we only adjusted one with two effects.

* Mean Gene - we've danced around it for a couple years, and keep running into more issues, so an overhaul was overdue.  We've added back some effects, though, to make up for the loss of multiple TtT/TUTH.

* CM Punk - he can't 'stack' his ability across multiple turns, as amusing as that was (and oversight we left in for kicks), but he's received a lot of support now and it's time to refine the ability to prevent unintended abuse.

* Owen Hart / Blue Blazer - we've confirmed that 'Your X is/is not Y' effects are pack effects, but these two get a pass, and we've clarified that with their Ability text.

* Rated RKO - too abusive with both Storylines, now they only use one at a time, and lowered the hand size to compensate for the missing -HS effects.  Shouldn't matter much in VC since they can now use Buying Myself Some Time (unlike Flair, heh).

* Dean Malenko - we changed the way 1000 Holds is regulated, and adjusted his effects to match.  There's a LOT less text!

* Batista - he got a powered up in V8, so we had to tone down a few of his older cards to rebalance.

There's other text and error corrections, and the following guys are getting a boost up:

Dangerous Alliance
DX
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Scotty 2 Hotty
<R> Brock

(Truthfully, there's a few more that need help but Real Life Interfered in a big way this year, so we've started the list early for 2019)

Again, the plan is to have them live on June 1st, available for download and updated in Lackey, to give preparation time for Con season.

Fire away with any questions, something we missed regarding errors, and so on.  And thanks for playing!

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

riothebeast

Looks great im sure i have never made it a secret how much i love batista but i faced the facts that it needed it. These all seem pretty solid and well deserved and you guys got me excited to give too cool another shot now.

CreedP

For Too Cool, we really just switched the Return BASH effects and gave Scotty the better one, since TC has all that A-game move search possibilities: Pump Kick, Atomic Lariat, etc.

It's more about giving Scotty a strong boost, and he'll get a couple cards in V9.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

riothebeast

Cant wait for that always like them back in the day. Was there only one revision to revo test? I figured with how dominate it was at gencon it was a sure thing hit.

riothebeast

Also was there any thoughts to hit comeback with vince. Really hurts getting up in fort then getting hit with comebacks and undermine. Then he plays panics all day as well. Just seems a bit much for him.

CreedP

That's his thing, though.  Kinda seems like Batista not getting Spinebusters all the sudden... :)

CREED

riothebeast

Nothing stopping spinebusters got a boost actually so not sure what that means. I was unaware vinces thing was to ensure your opponent will never have any sort of chance to keep fortitude to be able to play a game.

CreedP

Opinionated statements are not facts.  Vince gets lower Fortitude, that's his Superstar, it's certainly not his printed Ability, haha.  He's a meta Superstar against those relying on having lower Fortitude, and has some tricks that make up for not having a lot of power.

I can't recall anyone winning a World Championship with him. So you're welcome to your opinion, but as you said, one person shouldn't decide the meta.  ;)

EDIT:  To be clear, if there's an issue with Vince (or another Superstar) please do let us know, but be specific.  "(X) is really strong!" isn't helpful, as first off, we try not to make weak Superstars, haha.  Also, if there's a clear issue, like CARD + his PRE-MATCH especially with OTHER CARD is nearly unstoppable and game-winning, we'll certainly look into it.

But we definitely can't fix any issues we've never heard about it, which is what this is for, to open up the discussion on anything we might have missed.  Just please, be specific, it's like IT.  We can't fix 'the internet is broken'  :D

CREED

KD8ESU

Just hoping it was simply because it isn't needed:  Is the image for <R> Rated RKO also going to reflect the changes in this revision?
hXi

CreedP

Definitely, along with any Virtual Survivor Series alternates.

(Unfortunately, the old alt promos TimJR made can't be fixed, since his PC died a while back and the old images were lost)

CREED

TimJR

I miss that hard drive. I lost so many things with that hard drive.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

DebuRaito

Rated RKO doesn't have the text that storylines are not replacing their ability anymore? So if I'm Not Yout Damn Role Model replaces Rated RKO ability, wouldn't their original ability be kicked out and there's no need to blank/unblank storylines anymore?

KD8ESU

Quote from: DebuRaito on May 23, 2018, 10:31:51 AM
Rated RKO doesn't have the text that storylines are not replacing their ability anymore? So if I'm Not Yout Damn Role Model replaces Rated RKO ability, wouldn't their original ability be kicked out and there's no need to blank/unblank storylines anymore?

Rated RKO
Starting Hand Size: 5     Superstar Value: 5
Tag Team Superstar Ability:  You may add the Revolution logo to this card's title.
Your Storyline cards are blank; during each of your Draw Segments, choose 1 Storyline card in your Ring, it is not blank until your next Draw Segment.
Your Superstar-specific maneuvers with Momentum do not have it.
You can pack Edge or Randy Orton cards that are Unique and have only 1 Superstar logo, and You Think You Know Me.
You cannot pack Corner cards.

As I think they planned it, you get one storyline each turn and then it kicks off after your opponent's turn.  But as it is worded now, not only would that storyline completely replace the ability to kick it off, but it also makes the superstar-specifics have momentum again.
It might be worth adding in that the storyline adds to your ability.
hXi

BigPimpin

Quote from: KD8ESU on May 23, 2018, 10:39:34 AM
Quote from: DebuRaito on May 23, 2018, 10:31:51 AM

Rated RKO
Tag Team Superstar Ability:  You may add the Revolution logo to this card's title.
Your Storyline cards are blank; during each of your Draw Segments, choose 1 Storyline card in your Ring, it is not blank until your next Draw Segment.
You can pack Edge or Randy Orton cards that are Unique and have only 1 Superstar logo, and You Think You Know Me.

As I think they planned it, you get one storyline each turn and then it kicks off after your opponent's turn.  But as it is worded now, not only would that storyline completely replace the ability to kick it off, but it also makes the superstar-specifics have momentum again.
It might be worth adding in that the storyline adds to your ability.

Actually, as worded RKO will revert to one Storyline permanently.  The chosen Storyline will overwrite the SSA when unblanked, unblanking the second Storyline and, for the rest of the game, you'll be the Storyline you did NOT choose during turn 1's draw segment because the blanking effect in the SSA (the printed RKO ability) is no longer part of the game once the first Storyline overwrites it.  Oh, and your maneuvers will have momentum again, yes.

Expect this to be corrected so that Storylines add to your Ability instead of replacing it.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

CreedP

Thanks to some keen eyes and good minds for catching a few things for us, the following changes will be included in the Revisions (still planned for Friday, June 1st).

Rated RKO
Your Storyline cards are blank; during each of your Draw Segments, choose 1 Storyline card in your Ring, it is not blank until your next Draw Segment, and that Ability is added instead of replacing it.

Regret Nothing, Fear Less     (John Cena logo)
Reversal: Special
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver, that maneuver is blank until the end of the turn and deals no damage.  You may remove any number of cards in your Ringside from the game and then remove any other card in your opponent's Ring from the game with printed damage equal or lower than the number of cards you removed.  End his turn.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique

Making Your Escape
Pre-match Event
Your opponent's effects cannot prevent you from playing this card. Can be played from Ringside.
Any player's First of All and Hell in a Cell Match are blank until the start of their first turn. Your Redemption is blank.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may either overturn 4 cards or remove 1 Pre-match card in your Ring from the game, and then you are not affected by his Hell In A Cell Match, There Is No Escape, or First of All until the start of your next turn, and he is considered to have not played a Volley card on his last turn. This effect cannot be reversed.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo

Scotty 2 Hotty
Starting Hand Size: 2     Superstar Value: 2
Superstar Ability: During any turn when you successfully play a non-Pre-match card with exactly two words in the title, you may draw 2 cards and then put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.
You can pack The Return BASH for Scotty's W-O-R-M as if it is not a BASH card, and it now reads "Reverse any non-Unique card and draw up to 2 cards."

The Manbeast of NXT     (Rhyno logo)
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you can pack From NXT to WWE, but you cannot pack non-Superstar-specific printed Foreign Objects.
Your F:5- maneuvers without 'can only be reversed' in the text are considered F:0 and Foreign Objects for your other Rhyno-specific cards and effects.
During any turn when you successfully play a maneuver with printed Stun Value, choose one: Promo: 2, put up to 1 non-reversal card from Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, or remove 1 card in your opponent's Ringside from the game.
Unique     RMS logo     NXT logo

CREED

Hogtrail

Quote from: CreedP on May 30, 2018, 01:15:27 PM

Scotty 2 Hotty
Starting Hand Size: 2     Superstar Value: 2
Superstar Ability: During any turn when you successfully play a non-Pre-match card with exactly two words in the title, you may draw 2 cards and then put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.
You can pack The Return BASH for Scotty's W-O-R-M as if it is not a BASH card, and it now reads "Reverse any non-Unique card and draw up to 2 cards."

Aww man, I wanted that 14 card starting hand for Scotty  ;D

CreedP

20+ was a bit absurd.  If he needs more than usual Pre-match silliness gives, we'll throw a +2 HS on a future card, but likely he's fine without that nonsense.  :)

CREED

DebuRaito

If Regret Nothing Fear Less is getting errata-ed. Would it be reasonable for Paige's Rage as well?

Paige's Rage
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, look at your opponent's hand, choose 1 card, and he puts that card on the bottom of his Arsenal.
As a reversal, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver; blank that maneuver's text and damage until the end of the turn.
ACE: When you use your Ability, and the next card played is the maneuver put into your hand, you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal, and that maneuver is now Multi.

CreedP

Ugh, more work for me.  Fine, one more isn't too terrible.

Paige's Rage
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, look at your opponent's hand, choose 1 card, and he puts that card on the bottom of his Arsenal.
As a reversal, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver; blank that maneuver's text and damage until the end of the turn. End his turn.
ACE: When you use your Ability, and the next card played is the maneuver put into your hand, you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal, and that maneuver is now Multi.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique     NXT logo

CREED

CreedP

Sorry, sorry, I keep forgetting to add this one.  Probably because I can't stand him as an announcer, and he was 'change the channel' bad as a 'wrestler'...

Michael Cole
Starting Hand Size: 5     Superstar Value: 0
Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns, you may discard 2 cards, name a card, and then your opponent reveals his hand; choose 1 card with the named card title and he discards the chosen card; for the rest of the turn, you cannot play non-Superstar-specific non-maneuver cards, or maneuvers with 'Can only be reversed' in the text.
You can pack Two-Time Slammy Winner. You cannot pack Steel Chain Shot or Corners.

I don't want MICHAEL Cole, I want ADAM COLE BAY BAY.  :P

CREED

CreedP

As promised, 2018 Revisions are live today.

2018 Revisions

Part 1 -- Virtual 1-3: (.doc/.pdf)
Part 2 -- Virtual 4-7: (.doc/.pdf)
Part 3 -- V8/VR/VHS: (.doc/.pdf)

Lackey has been updated, I'll post confirmation for clarity.

The two things I haven't got to yet are the Flickr account, in case anyone still looks at that, and the Superstar Guides.  Flickr is a weekend kind of thing, but I'll try to get the Guides updated tomorrow as work permits, though it's Friday and the 1st of the month, so I have a lot on my plate.  Patience is advised.  :)

Meanwhile, enjoy the updates and hopefully a better Virtual environment for everyone!

CREED

Null1

What's the Flickr account address please?

riothebeast

Aaahhhhhh heck yeah. Man im getting on that scotty hype train and my new batista build. So excited now being at work is going to drag.

elceh

Thank you for the revisions.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

CreedP

Oh yeah.  And special thanks to Elceh, for pointing out several mismatches in text and card images, which might not have been spotted without his eagle eye.  :)

CREED