News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

<R> Shield to the Core

Started by Keith0913832, September 16, 2016, 09:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith0913832

My girlfriend ran this deck in the tourney and it didn't turn out too bad, but definitely could have been better with more experience. Shield decks that I have met (3 in total) are generally the same build. Maneuvers are the same, reversals are the same, basically its almost like playing against the same deck. But each focus could be different. For this deck, the focus was on Core. This was done after looking through the meta for VR5. Good Luck With That reversals generally reverse Means and Colossals only, leaving Cores to only 2nd Sols and probably One Sol for non-extremists. Therefore I sort of shifted the focus from playing a spread of maneuvers into just Cores and Colossals (Double Superkick which will become trademarks) to avoid being reversed. However, lady luck wasn't shining and almost all of my girlfriend's opponents had 2nd Sol in their starting hand (some even had 2). Anyway here's the decklist:

Backlash (12)

Pre-match (6)
<R> WWE Tag Team Title Belts
<R> Royal Rumble
<R> Setting Him Up
<R> The Hounds Of Justice
<R> Ring Psychology: Assault
<R> I've Trained For This All My Life

After more in-depth consideration, I went ahead with Ring Psychology: Assault since it allows me to pick up Holds, or just basically add maneuvers into my hand so I don't need to ability so often. And judging from the lack of recovery, I slotted in I've Trained For This All My Life just in case I die too early. Setting Him Up is there for the 3 Follow-ups in the deck only. Would definitely replace that if there are better cards. I was considering Ring Psychology: Hold but I wouldn't have enough slots. Ruckus wasn't in my consideration because I would have to randomly pick the Hold to go into my hand with RP: Assault.

Mid-match (6)
<R> Before This Gets Out Of Hand
<R> You Hit Like A Girl
<R> Talk Is Cheap x 2
<R> I Can Do Anything I Want
<R> Slow The Match To A Crawl

I was actually expecting more antic decks so I pumped up the number of Talk Is Cheaps since I'm not running many Antics anyway. That can be replaced for something else. Maybe Indian Deathlock or Hung Out To Dry.

Arsenal (60)

Maneuvers (26)
<R> Double Wrist Lock x 3
<R> Double Shoulder Block x 3
<R> Double Hip Toss x 3
<R> Tandem Face Stretch x 3
<R> Double Clothesline x 3
<R> Bow & Arrow x 3
<R> Double Superkick x 3
<R> Desperate Assault
<R> Spike Piledriver
<R> Ambrose's Flying Tackle
<R> Rollin's Ensuigiri
<R> The Triple Powerbomb

As mentioned above, the focus is on the Cores, so I almost half of all my maneuvers are Cores, with the occasional Mean and Colossal. Choice of Mean boiled down to the maneuver effects. Double Clothesline was a given for RP: Assault but I picked Tandem Face Stretch due to the recovery effect.

Maneuver / Reversal Hybrids (4)
<R> Only One Solution: Revolution x 2
<R> Headlock Driver
<R> Reigns' Spear

Reversals (21)
<R> 2nd Solution x 3
<R> Outmaneuver x 2
<R> That's Extremely Un-Original
<R> Try To Get Away x 3
<R> I Won't Be Beat Tonight x 3
<R> Two For The Show
<R> Twoooooooooo!
<R> Off Your Mark
<R> Why Don't You Kiss My Ass x 2
<R> My Way
<R> You Telegraphed It
<R> Inertia
<R> The Architect

Antic / Reversal Hybrids (8)
<R> No Big Deal
<R> Head To Toe Defense x 2
<R> Centered Defense x 2
<R> Lateral Flank Defense x 2
<R> Reigns' Roar

Antic (1)
<R> Believe In The Shield

elceh

I'm liking this deck.  I hope your girlfriend had fun running it.  Just a couple friendly questions / suggestions;

Revolution Too Extreme For Your Own Good is a card I love in every deck, especially with the current wave of Extremists.

If you tweaked the deck, you could get away with Revolution Superkick.  Momentum is always fun!
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Keith0913832

Superkick sounds like an interesting addition to the deck! Might work that in the next time. But I believe the PPVs work slightly better than Too Extreme since they both make Out maneuver 0F, but the PPVs make my You Telegraphed it 0F, and I get different bonuses as well:)

elceh

Regarding the Pre-match cards, you are absolutely correct!  Revolution Royal Rumble was overlooked by me; no need for Revolution Too Extreme For Your Own Good.
- Team NBD

Keith0913832

But then again, I believe it boils down to meta. If The New Breed becomes too common again i will definitely pack it :)

CRASHER

Quote from: Keith0913832 on September 19, 2016, 10:05:51 AM
But then again, I believe it boils down to meta. If The New Breed becomes too common again i will definitely pack it :)

Packing <R> Surivivor Series also blocks people from joining the New Breed (since they can't Draft into it)
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Keith0913832

I think the main purpose of New Breed is to turn a non-extremist into and extremist although it would definitely work better if that superstar gets both effects from The New Breed.

The New Breedâ„¢
Pre-match: Faction
You may pack this card regardless of Superstar.
If you are not an Extremist: discard 1 card.
You are considered an Extremist.
If your logo is on this card: you are a Member of this Faction and if your opponent reverses a Mean from his hand or Backlash: he discards 1 card.
Permanent
Unique

CRASHER

Quote from: Keith0913832 on September 19, 2016, 10:37:51 AM
I think the main purpose of New Breed is to turn a non-extremist into and extremist although it would definitely work better if that superstar gets both effects from The New Breed.

The New Breedâ„¢
Pre-match: Faction
You may pack this card regardless of Superstar.
If you are not an Extremist: discard 1 card.
You are considered an Extremist.
If your logo is on this card: you are a Member of this Faction and if your opponent reverses a Mean from his hand or Backlash: he discards 1 card.
Permanent
Unique

The bold is the part I worry more about, yeah they get a couple of neat perks (mostly overexposure and new breed unleashed), but alot of the good virtual stuff requires a printed extremist (Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy are sad about this), outmaneuver also perks the opponent when he reverses an extreme (since he gets a move from ringside)

pre-match space is so small and precious that if I wanted to be an extremist, I'd just play one personally :)
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Russ

This and the other decks will give me a good starting point on building some Revo decks.  Thanks!!

elceh

Quote from: Russ on September 19, 2016, 11:50:49 AM
This and the other decks will give me a good starting point on building some Revo decks.  Thanks!!

If you need help with ideas, you can always post your decks.
- Team NBD

Keith0913832

Yup! More than happy to help out if needed:)