News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

<R> Ryback

Started by ironteeth, September 16, 2016, 07:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironteeth

So this marks the first R5 Tourney, and it is a really fun and awesome set. Although I did not come out on top, Revo Ryback can be a beast when he gets rolling. Here is the deck and would gladly like to get some feedback as to where can this improve

Tourney info here: http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,16836.0.html

<R> Ryback

Pre-Match
<R> A Ruckus at Ringside
<R> Feed Me More
<R> WWE's Powerhouse
<R> Powerful Resistance
<R> Wrestlemania
<R> Mcmahon Family Jewels

Pre-Match Note:
WWE Powerhouse + Ruckus to try and set up your hand
Mcmahon Family Jewels to replenish your hand when you use your ability too often
Powerful Resistance to prevent any kind of a scoop

Mid-Match
<R> Powerful and Devastating
<R> Ryback Rules
<R> Slow the Match to a Crawl
<R> I Can Do Anything I Want
<R> Before This Gets Out of Hand
<R> Keep Your Eyes Open or It's Game Over

Mid-Match:
A good backlash of reversals and Ryback Rules to help get fort on the board and Powerful and Devastating to search for cards

Arsenal

Maneuvers
<R> Meathook
<R> Series of Mat Slams
<R> Shell Shocked
<R> Backpack Stunner
<R> Powerful Overhead Press
<R> Superkick
<R> Electric Chair x2
<R> Figure Four Leg Lock x2
<R> DDT x2
<R> Double Leg Lock Crab x2
<R> Full Nelson Slam x2
<R> Airplane Spin x2
<R> Desperate Throw
<R> Arm Breaker x3
<R> Bionic Elbow x3
<R> Rib Breaker x3

Maneuvers:
May seem to have only 1 0F maneuver, but with Feed Me More, Bionic Elbow, Arm Breaker and Rib Breaker becomes 0F. Would probably re-work the Colossals here. DDTs and Figure Four to remove cards from my opponent's Ring to set up Finish...It! (this only worked once in the tourney though)

Reversals
<R> Belly to Belly Suplex x2
<R> Arm Bar x2
<R> Punch x2
<R> Only One Solution: Revolution x2
<R> Judo Takedown
<R> Try to Get Away x2
<R> I Won't Be Beat Tonight x2
<R> Lateral Flank Defense x2
<R> Centered Defense x2
<R> Head-to-Toe Defense x2
<R> Outmanevuer x3
<R> That's Extremely Un-Original
<R> Why Don't You Kiss My A$S!
<R> My Way
<R> Off Your Mark
<R> Inertia
<R> You Telegraphed It
<R> Two for the Show...
<R> Powering Out
<R> Stupid!

Reversals:
Pretty standard, may switch out to 2nd Sol to free up more space for maneuvers

Antic
<R> Finish...It!

Antic:
Oh well, simply just to FINISH IT!

Overall this deck is easy to run, though it still kinda rely a little on the luck of the draw.
Unfortunately ran out of reversals against The Shield who could constantly hit the Tag Team Maneuvers.

Join the <R>evolution!

Keith0913832

Absolutely a beast during tourney. As long as he gets the initial Fort, he doesn't have much problem hitting moves every turn, be it Means or Colossals. And the Faction cards work so well for him by providing more Momentum-ed cards which would either put his opponent in dilemma, or out of reversals.

ironteeth

Thanks ! Your Hogan deck is good too, a little unluckly perhaps
Join the <R>evolution!

elceh

I'm really liking this deck (reminds me of <R> Batista with his storyline.  Just a friendly suggestion:

Maybe run Revolution Torrie! Torrie! Torrie! and a "neck" strategy with Cores and Colossals as your maneuver selection, including maneuvers like Revolution 360 Degree Clothesline, Revolution Running Clothesline, and Revolution Face Driver.  Maybe include a Revolution Critical Injury in the Mid-match.  Recover cards with your Cores and mass damage with your Colossals.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

ironteeth

Quote from: elceh on September 19, 2016, 12:27:33 AM
I'm really liking this deck (reminds me of <R> Batista with his storyline.  Just a friendly suggestion:

Maybe run Revolution Torrie! Torrie! Torrie! and a "neck" strategy with Cores and Colossals as your maneuver selection, including maneuvers like Revolution 360 Degree Clothesline, Revolution Running Clothesline, and Revolution Face Driver.  Maybe include a Revolution Critical Injury in the Mid-match.  Recover cards with your Cores and mass damage with your Colossals.

whoa, thanks for the tip. totally forgot about torrie torrie torrie. and the target neck colossals certainly helps in recovery, something my deck sorely needs. Gonna try that out, thank you:)
Join the <R>evolution!

Buddha Dudley

<Rev> Mike comes thru...  Miss you bud, I have some Taker cards for you in the mail today.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Quote from: TheGreatWhiteDope on September 07, 2014, 05:15:35 PM
Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Quote from: Mitch! on June 21, 2017, 04:43:18 PM
Drew is pretty well the king

elceh

Quote from: Buddha Dudley on September 19, 2016, 06:45:45 AM

<Rev> Mike comes thru...  Miss you bud, I have some Taker cards for you in the mail today.

Miss you too!  Thanks for the Taker cards.  I'm just checking out the adjusted meta for this new set.

Quote from: ironteeth on September 19, 2016, 04:32:39 AM

whoa, thanks for the tip. totally forgot about torrie torrie torrie. and the target neck colossals certainly helps in recovery, something my deck sorely needs. Gonna try that out, thank you:)

No problem :)  Always happy to help.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Russ

This and the Hogan deck will give me a good starting point on building some Revo decks.  Thanks!!