News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

Fantasy Card: The Montreal Screwjob

Started by Dizzy, September 21, 2014, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzy

The past few days I've been glancing at Raw Deal rules and cards. We watched the Bret Hart portion of the Monday Night War on the WWE Network (For only $9.99 a month). Be kind, I'm a novice!

The Montreal Screwjob
Pre-Match Feud
(Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart Logos)

If you are Vince McMahon or The Genetic Jackhammer you cannot pack ECW cards, foreign objects or the card titled "Remember Who Pays Your Salary" while packing this card; You may pack non-manager cards as if you were a Legend but you are not considered to be a Legend; Your opponent may not play cards with "Legend" in the title or text.
When played by Shawn Michaels your card titled "I've Got Two Words For Ya!" is -15 Fortitude.
When packed by Bret Hart you are no longer a Legend and you are now a WCW superstar; You may pack the card titled "Classic Competitor". You may not pack WWF cards. Your WCW cards do not take up a pre-match slot in your ring area.

Unique

How bad did I goof this up?
Pizza is life, pizza is love.

elceh

Honestly, I like the concept.  I think you did a great job.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Commissioner D2

The only thing I would add would be text that not only changes Bret to WCW, but his specifics as well.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Dizzy

Quote from: Commissioner D2 on September 21, 2014, 07:57:50 PM
The only thing I would add would be text that not only changes Bret to WCW, but his specifics as well.

I didn't even think of that aspect D2, thank you. :)

Commissioner D2

I'd also add a line to Shawn (since he only gets a minor perk) about having his Sharpshooter either 0F and Unique, or your opponent cannot respond to it.
#NateHatesMeToo

thehoffman

Would it be too much to give him access to Bret's Sharpshooter?

Commissioner D2

So, let's clean this up a bit now:

The Montreal Screwjob  (Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart logos)
Pre-Match Feud
When you are Vince McMahon or The Genetic Jackhammer, you cannot pack ECW cards, Foreign Objects, or the card titled Remember Who Pays Your Salary. You may pack non-Manager cards as if you were a Legend, but you are not a Legend, and your opponent may not play cards with "Legend" in the title or text.
When played by Shawn Michaels, you may pack Bret's Sharpshooter, and your card titled I've Got Two Words For Ya! is -15 Fortitude.
When packed by Bret Hart, you are no longer a Legend Superstar, you are now a WCW superstar, your Superstar-specific cards are WCW, and you may pack the card titled Classic Competitor. You may not pack WWF cards that do not have "Classic" in the title. Your WCW cards do not take up a pre-match slot in your ring area.
Unique     Permanent
#NateHatesMeToo

maskedllama

but...but....what's the point of packing classic competitor if you can't pack the "classic moves" which all have the WWF logo? 

LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Commissioner D2

I don't know what you're talking about  :angel:
#NateHatesMeToo

TheGreatWhiteDope

Now we just need a "revisionist history" card for McMahon and the WWE faction.
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

MrPeoplesTeam

It says you Cannot pack WWF cards WITHOUT classic in the title, meaning he can only run the classic stuff, and not cards like Saturday nights main event, Jive soul, ETC
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

dilbert505

Quote from: MrPeoplesTeam on September 23, 2014, 12:28:24 PM
It says you Cannot pack WWF cards WITHOUT classic in the title, meaning he can only run the classic stuff, and not cards like Saturday nights main event, Jive soul, ETC

Check the timestamp on the last edit of D2's post, and the timestamp of llama's post.

The original version of that post omitted 'that do not have "Classic" in the title.'
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Dizzy

I told you gents that I'm a novice, lol. Leave it to the boys in charge to correct my mess.  :)

DebuRaito

Quote from: Dizzy on September 23, 2014, 01:10:29 PM
I told you gents that I'm a novice, lol. Leave it to the boys in charge to correct my mess.  :)

I have to say you are doing a fantastic job generating these fantasy ideas. It is actually a lot better and less broken than what I usually see others posted. Haha!

dilbert505

DebuRaito's quite right. This is quite a well-balanced card, considering you're coming in cold. I like it, especially for Bret.

Oh, D2, you missed a spot.  :P (IIRC, the below is the current formatting of this text; the "when packing this card..." thing is required to modify a player's pack restrictions. Can't modify that when the card's played, it has to come before. Also, there are specific restrictions for each superstar, so it has to be repeated differently for each.)

Pre-Match Feud
When you are packing this card, if you are Vince McMahon or The Genetic Jackhammer, you cannot pack ECW cards, Foreign Objects, or the card titled Remember Who Pays Your Salary. You may pack non-Manager cards as if you were a Legend, but you are not a Legend, and your opponent may not play cards with "Legend" in the title or text.
When played by packing this card, if you are Shawn Michaels, you may pack Bret's Sharpshooter, and your card titled I've Got Two Words For Ya! is -15F Fortitude.
When packed by packing this card, if you are Bret Hart, you are no longer a Legend Superstar, you are now a WCW superstar, your Superstar-specific cards are WCW, and you may pack the card titled Classic Competitor. You may not pack WWF cards that do not have "Classic" in the title. Your WCW cards do not take up a pre-match slot in your Ringring area.
Unique     Permanent

The text would come out looking like this:

Pre-Match Feud
When packing this card, if you are Vince McMahon or The Genetic Jackhammer, you cannot pack ECW cards, Foreign Objects, or Remember Who Pays Your Salary. You may pack non-Manager cards as if you were a Legend, but you are not a Legend, and your opponent may not play cards with "Legend" in the title or text.
When packing this card, if you are Shawn Michaels, you may pack Bret's Sharpshooter, and your I've Got Two Words For Ya! is -15F.
When packing this card, if you are Bret Hart, you are no longer a Legend, you are now a WCW superstar, your Superstar-specific cards are WCW, and you may pack Classic Competitor. You may not pack WWF cards that do not have "Classic" in the title. Your WCW cards do not take up a pre-match slot in your Ring.
Unique     Permanent

If I'm botching the card text in any way, please feel free to correct, point and laugh, that sort of thing.  ;)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Dizzy

Thanks guys, you seriously had me blushing. I can't cook for the life of me but I can watch wrestling, lol.

I do order a mean pizza though. I have that down pat.