News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

HotD: Dale Hansen

Started by superradjoe, February 12, 2014, 10:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piperspitt

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me ignorant. Maybe since I see that people shouldn't be defined as more important than other people because of their sexuality is actually enlightened thinking.   I prefer to define people by their character more than by their differences. I don't get the anti-white, anti-hetero , anti-religion sentiment here on TCO. Live and let live.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

CreedP

Except none of what you just said is true, further displaying your ignorance in social matters.

TCO isn't anti-white, you're just bashing the entire site for not agreeing with your limited, apparently uninformed (the true meaning of the word 'ignorant', as in 'I'm ignorant on how to fix cards').

You've denied all evidence put in front of you, and you insult those who don't agree with you, when your opinion has been PROVEN repeatedly to be inconsistent with the situation in America as a whole.  I'm starting to come around on my first thought... you clearly aren't unintelligent, you're not stupid, but you display

I'm with Antigoth, only I think the 'truly ignorant of reality' is a real stretch.  Trolling seems more like it, which isn't allowed on the site, by the way.  But several people have provided you with real world proof of the situation, yet you keep arguing your point of view based on nothing more than your self-admitted limited experiences.

We aren't anti-white, anti-hetero, anti-homosexual, anti-religion, anti-any.  Just anti-Jeremy Peterson statments.  And if you keep arguing, you're really enforcing that you're just trolling the site.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

Daeva

Quote from: Queensryche on February 15, 2014, 06:58:40 AM
And now there are homophobes using state power to declare gay people are less than human and not deserving of ANY basic rights!

F**k Kansas. Seriously. F**k its legislators, its governor, and everyone who elected those homophobes to power.

Remember your Wizard of Oz, QR. Kansas is so bad that taking a tornado to the face was an improvement (in technicolor no less!).

Re: the "anti-white, anti-hetero, anti-religion sentiment on TCO": so far as I can tell, there isn't one. Nobody has been called out for sleeping with a partner of the opposite sex, or for being openly religious (in fact, I recall there being a spirited, but respectful, debate on evolution in another thread), or for any color of skin. And, no, "white privilege" doesn't count, because the guiding undercurrent to that statement is not "you're white, so you don't know better," it's "you fit into the majority, so it's harder to recognize the oppression that the minority feels because it hasn't been directed squarely at you." Whether that's accurate or not is another debate entirely, but I can say that, without question or exception, TCO is the least hateful online community that I've ever seen with more than, say, 10 people.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go shovel snow. Damn whiteys on my sidewalk...  :laugh: (THAT WAS A JOKE. IT IS NOT AN ANTI-WHITE SLUR. IT IS HUMOROUS IN CONTEXT AND IN NO WAY MEANT TO DISPARAGE ANY RACE, CREED, OR SKIN COLOR.

WELL, I CAN TOTALLY DISPARAGE CREED. HE CAN BE A REAL JERK SOMETIMES.  :laugh:)
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

CreedP

Yeah, but for all the pestering I do about Virtual, you're allowed to give me crap.  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

Queensryche

Quote from: piperspitt on February 15, 2014, 12:08:31 PM
  I totally disagree that if somebody says "that's gay" that they are comparing the thing/situation to the worst thing possible. They are merely voicing an opinion. If the word marriage can have multiple meanings, so can the word gay. Does gay equal queer? Does queer equal odd? Does gay equal happy? If somebody says "that's gay" with out any homosexual reference, it doesn't make sense to me that it would offend a gay person. I don't think that somebody is a heterophobe if they refer to "go straight to hell" and I don't think that they are referring to all straight people as stiffs because they say "on the straight and narrow". Words only have hurtful power if people let them.  People are people and created equal, they are not better than others just because they are gay, or white, or morman, or Russian. People better themselves by the way they live their lives, the choices they make, and the way they treat others. I treat people equally and nicely unless they give me a reason not to. I understand that words uttered at about somebody directly can create emotion, but it's silly that if somebody says "that traffic detour is gay", that it would offend a gay person.

This is the only appropriate response to the above.

I'm done being diplomatic. Site staff, feel free to ban/delete me.

CreedP

Well, clearly this is getting completely out of hand, and instead of talking about the original topic and the good one man tried to do in pointing out the obvious, it's become completely hijacked into talking about piperspitt, and while I'm sure he's enjoying all the attention, there's nothing to be gained from any further 'discussion'.  This ridiculousness is being put out of its misery, lol.

CREED
Lock