News:

Info on accessing the Trading forum is found here.
(Please do NOT message an Admin)

Donations to keep TCO online are greatly appreciated!

Main Menu

HotD: Josh Harding

Started by Queensryche, May 07, 2013, 09:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queensryche

Josh Harding is the backup goalie for the Minnesota Wild. Nothing special, right? Well, read this article:

Josh Harding has a HELL of a lot more to deal with than the average player in the NHL.

I don't care what anyone else says. He's an inspiration, period.

superradjoe

Never understood how having a disability makes you a hero, but good for him for not letting it hold him back.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

piperspitt

Quote from: superradjoe on May 08, 2013, 10:31:29 AM
Never understood how having a disability makes you a hero, but good for him for not letting it hold him back.
It doesn't and most people with the disabilities want to be known for their accomplishments with out mention of the disability.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Queensryche

Quote from: piperspitt on May 08, 2013, 11:21:14 AM
It doesn't and most people with the disabilities want to be known for their accomplishments with out mention of the disability.

That may be the case, but how do you think MS patients are going to look at Josh Harding? They're going to see someone with the same condition as them playing professional hockey, and that gives them hope for their futures.

He's a hero because he's providing hope to those with his condition. That it doesn't have to hold them down. That's why.

Daeva

Quote from: Queensryche on May 08, 2013, 06:06:47 PM
And no offense Piper, but your cynical and apathetic view towards the world in general is really depressing.

Be careful here, QR. You're toeing the line between flaming and discussion.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Queensryche

Quote from: Daeva on May 08, 2013, 06:19:30 PM
And no offense Piper, but your cynical and apathetic view towards the world in general is really depressing.

Be careful here, QR. You're toeing the line between flaming and discussion.

Understood. I'll be more careful. Edited my post.

piperspitt

Quote from: piperspitt on May 08, 2013, 11:21:14 AM

That may be the case, but how do you think MS patients are going to look at Josh Harding? They're going to see someone with the same condition as them playing professional hockey, and that gives them hope for their futures.

He's a hero because he's providing hope to those with his condition. That it doesn't have to hold them down. That's why.
I endorse this statement
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"