State Of The Draft Address

Started by Commissioner D2, May 05, 2011, 11:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commissioner D2

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is no secret that there have not been scores updated for the past two weeks.  While this is an issue, it is with reason.  At this time, I regretfully must announce that the TCO 2011 Draft season is, at least for the time being, closed.  Not only due to personal issues on my end which limit the amount of time and resources I have, but also do to bookkeeping.  The spreadsheet I used to keep track of Superstar scores, GM rosters, and Score Totals has crashed and been completely wiped from my computer.  3 weeks of work went into formulating that spreadsheet.  It was the life of the draft.  I'll try to get working on another sheet, but it would seem the first Season has come to an abrupt end.  I will keep you updated should we pick back up for the second Season of the year.  All GMs will keep their same rosters, and I have the notes you all have sent me requesting trades and free agents. 

Commissioner D2

Oh, and before anybody asks, I was the Anonymous GM.  Big shock, right?   :o  ::)
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Daeva

Quote from: Commissioner D2 on May 05, 2011, 11:32:52 PM
Oh, and before anybody asks, I was the Anonymous GM.  Big shock, right?   :o  ::)

Only you could have beaten me to drafting Sin Cara. How WAS anyone supposed to beat you to a free agent without being on the Hot List, anyway? It's not like I can PM you faster than the speed of thought.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Commissioner D2

Quote from: Daeva on May 05, 2011, 11:41:51 PM

Only you could have beaten me to drafting Sin Cara. How WAS anyone supposed to beat you to a free agent without being on the Hot List, anyway? It's not like I can PM you faster than the speed of thought.

Simple:  I gave a 10 minute window of opportunity.  He, and all newly activated Free Agents, are activated at 12:01:00 AM.  Your request was submitted at 12:11:11 AM.  Yes.  11 seconds.
#NateHatesMeToo

Jypsy

Hah the second he was made active I sent him a PM, but alas to no avail. I wonder which of us requested first, just out of curiosity.

I understand how difficult running the draft must be, and it is understandable, even if disappointing, that you need to take a break.

Let's hope season 2 goes better for everyone!

~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Commissioner D2

Jypsy, he had you beat by nearly an hour.  Your submission was clocked at 01:00:53 AM.
#NateHatesMeToo

CreedP

Quote from: Commissioner D2 on May 05, 2011, 11:47:00 PM
Simple:  I gave a 10 minute window of opportunity.  He, and all newly activated Free Agents, are activated at 12:01:00 AM.  Your request was submitted at 12:11:11 AM.  Yes.  11 seconds.

10 minutes?  On a forum?  At midnight?  Sorry, but that hardly seems fair or realistic.

Still, kudos for running it as long as you did, dude, that looked like a hella-lotta work to keep track of!  lol

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

Jypsy

Quote from: Commissioner D2 on May 05, 2011, 11:50:38 PM
Jypsy, he had you beat by nearly an hour.  Your submission was clocked at 01:00:53 AM.

Wow I thought I caught it earlier than that.
Quote from: CreedP on May 05, 2011, 11:51:43 PM
Quote from: Commissioner D2 on May 05, 2011, 11:47:00 PM

10 minutes?  On a forum?  At midnight?  Sorry, but that hardly seems fair or realistic.

CREED

Hopefully this can be avoided next time without the need for an anonymous GM role, by having enough players.

I wish WWE.com still did their WWE fantasy game since it didn't require anyone to devote ridiculous amounts of time and effort to run and stat-track.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Turd Ferguson

Eh, I sent him a request at exactly 12:01 once.