Author Topic: *SPOILER* 5/6 smackdown  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
*SPOILER* 5/6 smackdown
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
get ready to get pissed.

from lop.net:
SmackDown, Airing Friday:
* World Champion Christian comes out to open the show. He talks about winning at Extreme Rules and out comes Mark Henry then Randy Orton and The Great Khali wanting title shots. Teddy Long comes out and lets the fans vote and they choose Christian vs. Orton.
* The Great Khali is backstage talking to Jinder Mahal.
* Sheamus defeats Daniel Bryan.
* We see Layla backstage with the Divas.
* Cody Rhodes comes out for an in-ring segment and his employees pass out more paper bags to the fans.
* Ezekiel Jackson beat Big Show with help from The Corre. Kane was also taken out by Corre members.
* Layla beat Alicia Fox. Kharma came down and hit the Implant Buster on Alicia.
* More problems between The Corre backstage.
* Sin Cara defeated Tyson Kidd with Chavo Guerrero on commentary.
* Backstage segment with Teddy Long talking about the main event.
* Randy Orton beat Christian to become the new World Heavyweight Champion in what was described as a great match. Orton celebrated after the win.
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
Re: *SPOILER* 5/6 smackdown
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »
Is this some kind of sick joke?

I like Orton, he's one of my favorites in the WWE, but he DOES NOT NEED THE TITLE! DAMN IT! I was really looking forward to Christian having a decent title reign.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
  • Because I'm Aweeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »
I agree...its getting to a point where TNA is more watchable than Smackdown...BAD BOOKING WWE.
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
I agree...its getting to a point where TNA is more watchable than Smackdown...BAD BOOKING WWE.

Let's not get carried away now.

Offline thebear308

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »
This shouldn't be a surprise.  Once again, Vince shows that he doesn't now, nor will he ever see Christian as a main event guy.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:01:44 PM »
And my draft roster soaks up more points. Go, Randy, go!
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »
Eff you Vince.  Just... screw you.  Get out and let someone with some vision take over.

...and in a month, all my usual shows will be on summer hiatus, I'll have nothing else to watch but WWE...

.....and I'll look down and whisper... 'no'.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
Punishment for injuring Clay perhaps?  If that was a serious injury...

I don't get this at all.  If you have no faith in him being champion, don't give him the belt at the PPV.
I have seen possibilities of Jericho coming back, ala Punk to go after Orton for punting him. 

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +316/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:56:31 PM »
Jericho making a comeback to take the strap from Orton would be completely amazing and I would watch that.

It will probably turn into a stale Orton/Christian feud, though.
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:42:51 PM »
Before we all know the facts, let's not get too pissed just yet. I've read that there is talk that Christian is hurt and that they needed him to drop the belt so he could heal up.

While I don't wish an injury on anyone, I hope this is true and not just WWE throwing him away.

I'm the wind, baby.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25:30 AM »
They could be doing this to make Christian look even better in his hunt for the title over a more established (in the WWE) star.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline tutoman

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 03:32:42 AM »
Sometimes i'm shocked at the WWE. Vince says Christian, Sin Cara, The Miz and Alberto del Rio could be the future ''The rock'' and ''Jhon Cena'' of the WWE, but he doesn't let any of them progress!, heck, when was the last time The Miz won by a clean pinfall.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 05:48:21 AM »
Clean pinfall is over rated. The old rules don't always apply anymore. Austin muddied the waters on face and heel so much that everything changed. The writers are going for entertainment and a clean fall is not as exciting or as good at stirring up the crowd as a cheat win.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 05:52:43 AM »
Also, that's part of Miz's character... he'll win by whatever cheap means are necessary to get it done.  Holding the belt despite matches with guys that seem like they should be able to beat him.  As J.R. described it, Miz has that 'beatable champion' quality.

Up to 2009, there was a couple guys with a stranglehold on the title picture.. now it seems we're falling back to that, while guys like Sheamus drift back down to the mid-card, pushing talented guys like Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, and ADR further down the card in the process.

Oh well, so much for that whole 'build new talent' initiative.  Sure, I know who Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Sheamus, John Morrison, etc. are now..

....they're the guys who lose to John Cena.   ::)

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:19 AM »
They had EVERYTHING set up for a nice awesome feud with Christian and Shamus (since he dropped the US Title that usually means they're moving you up the card).... would have been some new and fresh matches and I was looking forward to it.... now we have to dust the Brodius Clay sized crap off of Christian they just took.... and hurt or NOT he DESERVED at least a damned month to run with the fraking title!!!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline mebrind

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »
I got pure trolled on Sunday... >:( ??? :'(

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
Well my plan was to watch Smackdown Friday, now I'm glad I don't need to.  Thanks WWE for freeing up my schedule!

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
Well my plan was to watch Smackdown Friday, now I'm glad I don't need to.  Thanks WWE for freeing up my schedule!

Leaves more time for watching the Fringe Season Finale!

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
Leaves more time for watching the Fringe Season Finale!

THIS!!!   ;D

CREED

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »
*Spoiler* Randy Orton & Joey Styles Respond To Angry WWE Fans
By Michael Bluth
May 4, 2011 - 12:38:18 PM

Warning: The Following contains a MAJOR spoiler for Friday's SmackDown:

If you haven't heard by now - Randy Orton defeated Christian at Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from Orlando to capture the World Heavyweight championship.

When news leaked online of the title change, fans bombarded the WWE twitter account with negative feedback. Styles responded to those angry fans with the following:

"When sending hate tweets to myself or @WWE because of @Christian4Peeps, @RandyOrton and the World Heavyweight Championship, please be PG ;)"

In related news, Randy Orton has been re-tweeting messages from angry fans writing on his own Twitter page. Orton retweeted this one:

"You won the title.Vince has no idea how much people are hating YOU on the Internet. I hope you continue to lose all your fans."

...sadly the angrier fans react the more likely Christian never sees the title again... what a shame
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »
I will most likely be watching Fringe or going to see Thor.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
  • Because I'm Aweeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
Well, it doesnt help things at ALL, but thats pretty much an Instant Heel turn for Randal...but....its same crap different show as it was on Raw....they're trying ot make him Austin 2011.. and its pathetic and boring
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline tutoman

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 12:06:35 PM »
Well, it doesnt help things at ALL, but thats pretty much an Instant Heel turn for Randal...but....its same crap different show as it was on Raw....they're trying ot make him Austin 2011.. and its pathetic and boring

Wait, Orton was a face?.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +316/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »

Wait, Orton was a face?.

Yep. He was the Austin-style "I do bad things to bad people so it's okay to cheer for me" face, and Punk was the typical "I'm a rat and scurry away at the first sign that someone might possibly inflict serious injury on me" heel. The anti-hero vs. the coward. Now that Randy is on SD, he's probably going to swing back to the psychopath heel that he was in Legacy.
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
I've always liked Christian. Sad to see that the closest he will get to holding a World Heavyweight belt for any amount of time will be ECW, TNA, or Raw Deal.
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)