Author Topic: Virtual Cards...  (Read 3812 times)

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
Virtual Cards...
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:37:08 PM »
It seems that my group doesn't wanna play virtual. I downloaded and went through all versions of the virtual cards and felt that it is a really good expansion to gab. I'm sure not all of you wants to play virtual at first, but what are the things that convinced you to go with it ? Thanks.
http://rawdealsg.proboards.com - For Singapore Players !

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Cards...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »
I hope your group changes their minds, virtual cards have made Raw Deal the best and mist fun it has ever been. Maybe you can ween them into it by only allowing a few virtual superstars at first.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
Hmm, seems like a good idea ! I'll start with revo 4 first then.. Actually one of them tried before and they forced the person to remove the card from game! Lol.

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »
Why don't your friends want to play with the virtual cards?  Do they assume that they are simply fan made fantasy cards that have been created without consideration for balance?  If that is the case then I don't blame them for not wanting you to use them. 

You might want to point out that these sets were created and playtested by the same guys who designed and playtested the previous sets.  If someone complains that Person X's card is overpowered, I'd explain that it is because Person X either wasn't competive and needed a really good card to get them back into the game, or that Person X hadn't received much superstar specific support in a long time and needed a powerful card to make up for all the years without proper support.  For instance, if someone just showed me Brock Lesnar's "The Baddest Man on the Planet" card, I'd have thought they were crazy for thinking it should be allowed in a game.  However, when taking into consideration that Brock's cards were made back in Velocity and that he hadn't had any support in a long time, then I realized that it was crazy powerful because Brock was really weak and needed that boost. 

If all else fails use Randy Orton's "Legend Killer Punt" and Undertaker's "Hell's Gate" cards to point at that these cards allow us to update our decks to better fit each superstar, just like each superstar updates their moves and style and gimmick. 

LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline leopren

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »
Here in Chile, We start playing only the Superstars and S-Specifics... then expand to the whole set...

At first cards looks overpowered, but in game we discover that's not true and are very balanced...

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 07:38:20 AM »
thanks for the input guys ! really appreciate it ! =) will start to play virtual soon !

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »
by the way , how do u guys print ur virtual cards? on normal paper then cut it and stick onto cards ?

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
by the way , how do u guys print ur virtual cards? on normal paper then cut it and stick onto cards ?

That's what I do.
  I use glue stick on the card and then place the printed out card on it.  Be sure to trim the edges of the back of the card, if any bits of paper can be seen. 

If I'm not mistaken you are required to use card sleeves when using virtual cards in tournament play. 

Offline twyst

• +20/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
I've found double sided tape works just as good as a glue stick.  If youre going to attach the virtual cards to printed cards definitely go with regular paper, card stock makes the cards too thick to get a good shuffle of your deck.

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »
alright... thanks for the tips guys ! =)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »
Personally, I stay away from both the glue stick and the double sided tape. I've been down both those roads having to supply up to 12 players at one point with each card from REV4. Man .... All the hours I spent making those cards ....  ;)

For best results and the quickest method (time saver for sure) is to get them printed (regular printing paper), cut from sheet and trim the edges and round the corners, then simply slide it into a sleeve (since you're required to any ways) with an existing RD card (great way to finally use all those copies of Step Aside, Escape Move, etc.).

Quick, easy and gets the job done.

Just my opinion.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline CharlieP

• +2/-9
    • View Profile
    • Team Decepticon Online
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
We paid a guy at a print shop so we have them on card stock. Not the exact thickness as real cards but close.  Plus the quality is amazing!
http://team-decepticon-online.forums-free.com/ A forum for our CCG team from back in the day.  It is mostly about DBZ CCG but there are other games.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »
For best results and the quickest method (time saver for sure) is to get them printed (regular printing paper), cut from sheet and trim the edges and round the corners, then simply slide it into a sleeve (since you're required to any ways) with an existing RD card (great way to finally use all those copies of Step Aside, Escape Move, etc.).
Quick, easy and gets the job done.
This.  :)

Especially for me, when we lay out a card, I just HAVE to print one for each deck, then we realize its too weak, so we have a new copy to replace the one, but wait, the new one is broken with card X, so we adjust it and print new copies, ugh.

Much as I would love to do card stock or permanent gluing and such, with the volume I print, its the same as Vela.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
We paid a guy at a print shop so we have them on card stock. Not the exact thickness as real cards but close.  Plus the quality is amazing!

Would be nice to get them done this way. If you don't mind me asking, what does a run of a full release run you? Say, WCW Invasion? What would that cost? I have a guy who does some printing for me (I produced my first trading card last year), maybe I can look into it with him.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
Maybe getting a printing shop to print our virtuals is a better idea. actually i'm trying to find shop in china that prints digimon and pokemon cards to print rawdeal cards, i'll keep u guys updated.

Offline CharlieP

• +2/-9
    • View Profile
    • Team Decepticon Online
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »
I cant give you a real price because my friend knew the guy for a looooong time so he printed r4 wcw and r5 for $28. My guess would be at least 50-60.  The  cutting of the cards was the worst part :(
http://team-decepticon-online.forums-free.com/ A forum for our CCG team from back in the day.  It is mostly about DBZ CCG but there are other games.

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »
ok i've check with some china companies to print the cards. they print in minimum a thousand cards.............. ............ =(

Offline Parkmania

• +17/-20
  • Thank you Penguins!
    • View Profile
    • www.ccgscards.com
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 06:23:30 AM »
Just wondering if anyone had checked into FFG's new print on demand service.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2055
www.ccgscards.com

CCGs Cards Comics and Games - Home of the '07 Origins Revo Champ,
'07 GenCon All Axxess Champ,
'07 Stargate TCG WORLD CHAMP,
'07 GenCon WoW Lazy Peon Champ,
'07 WoW GenCon Gadgetzan Challenge Runner-Up...
and Raw Deal's official Beer God.

KEEP WATCHING FOR MORE!

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 07:55:34 AM »
What does that have to do with Raw Deal?  Wait, are you one of those bots who just posts links on our site?! -marks Parkmania as a spammer-  :P

It seems cool, but people are talking about printing out the Virtual Raw Deal cards, and those are free to have... its just the printing costs.  For me, I wish I had a nice big printer and could run them off myself, but sadly that's not the case, heh.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 08:43:07 AM »
It seems cool, but people are talking about printing out the Virtual Raw Deal cards, and those are free to have... its just the printing costs.  For me, I wish I had a nice big printer and could run them off myself, but sadly that's not the case, heh.

CREED

Yeah, I got my first "I'm sorry, Sir, we can't print these" from Kinko's manager.  I pointed out the disclaimer on the bottom of the cards, and that they were fan cards, but the manager was afraid that the pictures on the cards were copywritten and, while apologizing profusely, said that they couldn't take money for printing the cards. 

Does Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or office Depot have  similar "we'll print your file" services?  Or do I need to print out my own cards at Kinko's self service computers?  I know I sound like a whiner, but it is more expensive that way. 

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
Sorry to hear, dude.  There's one little witch in this area who won't print cards, but the guys who work Sundays are used to seeing me and just print them anyway, heh.

CREED

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
Yeah, I got my first "I'm sorry, Sir, we can't print these" from Kinko's manager.  I pointed out the disclaimer on the bottom of the cards, and that they were fan cards, but the manager was afraid that the pictures on the cards were copywritten and, while apologizing profusely, said that they couldn't take money for printing the cards. 

Does Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or office Depot have  similar "we'll print your file" services?  Or do I need to print out my own cards at Kinko's self service computers?  I know I sound like a whiner, but it is more expensive that way. 

I had no problem getting Staples to print them out, besides the odd WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STUFF look I got from them, they even used card stock!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »
Sorry to hear, dude.  There's one little witch in this area who won't print cards, but the guys who work Sundays are used to seeing me and just print them anyway, heh.

CREED

She was nice enough about it.  Even seemed really nervous, honestly, developed a stutter explaining it and I can't fault her for trying to do her job to the best of her ability.  I can't blame her for not believing "I understand your concern, but people on the internet assure me, this is doesn't violate copyright law."   :) 

I had no problem getting Staples to print them out, besides the odd WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STUFF look I got from them, they even used card stock!

we've got some Staples in the area.  I'll give them a try.  Thanks, CRASHER. 

Offline beergod

• TCO Donor
  • +12/-3
  • Yes... He Really is Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
noo Creed Parkmania is a real dude, I know him
As of Origins 2002, Raw Deal's Official Beergod
as Of Late, I suck at this game
I told you I suck at this game...Losing like that.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »
But I can't trust you.  You're evil.  ;)

CREED