Author Topic: (Spoilers) Last Raw Before WM  (Read 5373 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
(Spoilers) Last Raw Before WM
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
Holy hell.  This was 'give the best f'ing promo of your life' night!

Between the show opening with a fantastic CM Punk promo... a HHH/Taker promo that was ungodly good, and the excellent Cena/Rock/Miz exchange... this was a night where everyone had their vocal skills at 11.  Wow.

The matches were just kind of 'all right' but who cares, all the verbal action made up for it!

Also - Cena AAs Rock   :o
He's gonna die, aaaahahahahahaha

CREED
VERY close to buying Wrestlemania Sunday!
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline rkro

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoilers) Last Raw Before WM
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:23:54 PM »
I think come smackdown the rock will be VERY involved in the cena vs miz match.
I would love that triple threat but doubt it :(

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »
The trumpet victory celebration for Santino's team was just epic.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Offline twyst

• +20/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »
I agree with you 100% creed...though I'm confused as to why they made shawn michaels cower and run a week before his HOF induction.

Offline halo_t

• +14/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »
The HHH/Taker HBK was the best moment of Raw I've seen in a long time. And I've been watching since the beginning. I hope the Raw after Wrestlemania is on par with this one, but that will be very hard to do. 2011 is shaping up to be the big moment year.

Offline King Jimmeh

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
It was a very good show if you can ignore the lack of wrestling. I actually liked the HHH/Undertaker part, and thought it was really effective as making Taker look like he might be over-confident which could lead to his downfall.

The Rock/Cena/Miz bit was good, but I could've done with more Miz confronting Cena. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, after what Cena said, Rock didn't have a leg to stand on.

Shame that Taker/HHH didn't want to give anyone the chance of upstaging them, as Orton/Punk needed to be a stipulation match like a stretcher match or something with all the hatred that's been built up.

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
I agree with you 100% creed...though I'm confused as to why they made shawn michaels cower and run a week before his HOF induction.

It was PERFECTLY done actually....

HHH: "Shawn TELL HIM why I can beat him....."
HBK: .....I got nothin.... I'm outta here.....

said it ALL perfectly to me.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »

I CAN'T be the only one who was expecting Shawn to pull a "I'm sorry...it's time." as soon as Triple H turned around and hit him with a Superkick.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »

I CAN'T be the only one who was expecting Shawn to pull a "I'm sorry...it's time." as soon as Triple H turned around and hit him with a Superkick.

I was thinking of HBK causing HHH to lose because if he couldn't beat Taker no one will (especially not his best friend). Then leading to a HHH/HBK feud. But I doubt they want to cheapen a) the streak or b) HBKs retirement/ HoF induction. Or if he even wants to get back into the ring.

Offline swankythegreat

• +9/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
I'm probably just looking too far into this, but did anyone else catch Edge saying "Aside from the annoying beeps, I've always kinda liked that guy" about the Raw GM?  He was probably just trying to be funny, considering his attack on the laptop, but there's a chance he was hinting at the identity of the GM.

As much as I enjoy The Rock, and hate Cena, I thought the ending was fantastic.  I had an odd feeling The Rock and Cena were just going to team up and take out the Miz, and was pleasantly surprised to see that probably won't be happening anytime soon  ;D

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 07:05:10 AM »
Shawn, I get the feeling, will come out during their match and end up superkicking the both of them leading up to the finish. 

Rock needs a little work after that botched kip up lol

Offline King Jimmeh

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:23 AM »
I have to think Edge was just being snarky and getting a laugh out of those in the audience who can remember all the way back to last year :P

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »
I do agree that HBK will get in the mix.But I think he is going to flat out screw Trips.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Parkmania

• +17/-20
  • Thank you Penguins!
    • View Profile
    • www.ccgscards.com
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
I could have used a bit more wrestling last night seeing as how there's no Smackdown taping this week - the show will be all interviews and stuff from Axxess.
www.ccgscards.com

CCGs Cards Comics and Games - Home of the '07 Origins Revo Champ,
'07 GenCon All Axxess Champ,
'07 Stargate TCG WORLD CHAMP,
'07 GenCon WoW Lazy Peon Champ,
'07 WoW GenCon Gadgetzan Challenge Runner-Up...
and Raw Deal's official Beer God.

KEEP WATCHING FOR MORE!

Offline King Jimmeh

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
There was some stuff taped with Raw, like Christian vs Del Rio Falls Count Anywhere (Or so I heard before Raw, I haven't read any SD spoilers).

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »
A few notes from my perspective.

I think Orton/Punk had too much physical interaction. I would have preferred to slow play it more. Loved Punk's promo and Orton sold it all perfectly.

HHH/Taker/HBK segment was incredible that feud had been getting a meh out of me until this. That was very well played and I loved Shawn's part in it all.

The Kane trumpet was epic.

Now for the final segment I really feel like Cena kind of owned Rock. As much as I love Rock I really feel like Cena's promo was absolutely perfect. He undercut all of the Rock's points without being an asshole. Just goes to show why he is who he is. Also the Miz is so far out of his league it isn't even funny. He really almost ruined what was a great segment. I really wish they had Morrison win the Rumble did a Miz/Morrison feud so we could have had Cena/Rock one on one at Wrestlemania. Miz just doesn't have the it factor Cena and Rock do.

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »

I think Orton/Punk had too much physical interaction. I would have preferred to slow play it more. Loved Punk's promo and Orton sold it all perfectly.

HHH/Taker/HBK segment was incredible that feud had been getting a meh out of me until this. That was very well played and I loved Shawn's part in it all.

Now for the final segment I really feel like Cena kind of owned Rock. As much as I love Rock I really feel like Cena's promo was absolutely perfect. He undercut all of the Rock's points without being an asshole. Just goes to show why he is who he is. Also the Miz is so far out of his league it isn't even funny. He really almost ruined what was a great segment. I really wish they had Morrison win the Rumble did a Miz/Morrison feud so we could have had Cena/Rock one on one at Wrestlemania. Miz just doesn't have the it factor Cena and Rock do.

As much as I love Miz, I have to agree. He seemed very one-note in the segment, where cena really played up his mental game and showed a bit more intelligence than we are used to.

The rock really kinda looked like a bully after the segment and that I don't think was the WWE's intent. Cena used logic and the only response the rock offered was "rawrrrr".  Both of these men are stellar storytellers, and it surprised me to see them drop the ball with The Rock's dialogue compared to cena.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »
Yeah I believe they meant to make Cena look like he's a strong face, but it really did make the Rock look juvenile and petty. I think they needed Rock to have some kind of better come back.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »

As much as I love Miz, I have to agree. He seemed very one-note in the segment, where cena really played up his mental game and showed a bit more intelligence than we are used to.

The rock really kinda looked like a bully after the segment and that I don't think was the WWE's intent. Cena used logic and the only response the rock offered was "rawrrrr".  Both of these men are stellar storytellers, and it surprised me to see them drop the ball with The Rock's dialogue compared to cena.

I think this was the whole point though.  Cena's point years ago was Rock claimed to love the business but left it in the dust.  Right now, Rock has to prove Cena wrong.

Offline King Jimmeh

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
It's like I said earlier, Cena didn't leave The Rock with a leg to stand on. It's a shame Rock made fun of Cena's rapping, as the legit gripe with Cena is that he got over by pushing the envelope and through his intensity that came across in both the ring and in his raps, but then he sold out and became a corporate drone and face for the kids, rather than the people who originally supported him. Rock sort of hit the point of him being a person for the kids, but missed that Cena turned his back on his original fans.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »
Cena didnt really turn his back on the fans that got him where he was.  That would be WWE creative giving him a role to play and he did it well

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
It's like I said earlier, Cena didn't leave The Rock with a leg to stand on. It's a shame Rock made fun of Cena's rapping, as the legit gripe with Cena is that he got over by pushing the envelope and through his intensity that came across in both the ring and in his raps, but then he sold out and became a corporate drone and face for the kids, rather than the people who originally supported him. Rock sort of hit the point of him being a person for the kids, but missed that Cena turned his back on his original fans.

Cena really didn't do anything, creative pushed him into the next hogan. Rock chose to leave the business, and that's what makes the whole debate kind of irritating. The fans are the ones that turned their backs on Cena. How can he have sold out when he already was a corporate drone by simply working for the company?
"No thanks, vince, I don't want the highest spot on the roster and the biggest payday, I got my fans."

I am really not a fan of cena, but this mini-feud really is making the rock look bad and cena look great, and it simply is turning the rock into a simple bully, nothing more. The Rock is a personality to be reckoned with, with epic promos that still live on today that were cut 10 years ago!

In the end, they should have done less with Rocky on raw and brought him in as a major WM participant instead. (which might still happen, we know he won't be a passive "host" ). We get it, the rock is a legend, he has beef with cena, and the miz exists too.

In the end if this makes Cena over with the core fans that boo him, then WWE deserves a medal. He polarizes the fans like none other.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Personally I think Cena is a blast. He's far from the 06-07 bland Super Cena that used to annoy me. He's got passion flowing out of his ears for the business, he's talented both in ring and on the mic and he draws tons of money. He'll never be HBK or Bret Hart in the ring, he'll never be Austin or Rock on the mic, but damn it he's John Cena and isn't that enough?

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »
Rock responding to Cena with "I'm going to kick your ass all over Chicago" was lame, not sure why they did that? I was hoping for the Rock to say something like "Cena you started the trash talk. You decided to take shots at the Rock, now the Rock has some trash talk for you and you can't take it? You want to question MY LOVE for this business because I decided to walk away? John Cena who are YOU to judge me?"

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 08:10:12 PM »
Rock responding to Cena with "I'm going to kick your ass all over Chicago" was lame, not sure why they did that? I was hoping for the Rock to say something like "Cena you started the trash talk. You decided to take shots at the Rock, now the Rock has some trash talk for you and you can't take it? You want to question MY LOVE for this business because I decided to walk away? John Cena who are YOU to judge me?"

The guy who didnt walk away from the business and still made movies while keeping to a almost fulltime schedule :p