Author Topic: 2011 Adam Crites Memorial Tournament  (Read 1276 times)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
2011 Adam Crites Memorial Tournament
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »
And we announce it once again ...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, RAW Deal players of all ages. The So-Cal RAW Deal play group invites all RAW Deal players, both current and players of the past, to come join us for a full day of fun and excitement, all in the name of charity!

What is this event you ask? It is the 3rd Annual Adam Crites Memorial Tournament, to be held Saturday, April 16th, 2011 at Frank & Son Collectible Show in City of Industry, California.

19649 San Jose Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748
(909) 444-7955

The format of the main tournament will be Classic +/Virtual Classic (no Revolution logo cards of any kind), so any players who have not played in some time can feel right at home.

Start time is at 11am and will run all the way until we crown ourselves a champion! Not only is this event being held to honor our dear friend Adam Crites, but it also serving as a World Championship Qualifying event!

Oh, you didn't know! Even though Comic Images has not released a product for RAW Deal since 2007, RAW Deal is alive and well thanks to several of those who have continued to create “fantasy” cards. We will be allowing many of those fantasy cards to be used. Our event will allow only REV4 cards, with the exception of Mr. Perfect and the Undisputed Heavyweight Title Belt [TB]. No WCW Invasion or REV5 will be allowed. We will also be going by original packing rules, so we are going with the 10/10 Backlash packing rules, not the new 12/12 packing that has been introduced with REV5. Again, this is done to help keep things as close to Comic Images days of playing so any of the older players who haven't played since say the Great American Bash release, can still feel right at home.

Winner will earn a right to attend GenCon 2010 and play for the World Championship (the GYOA rule will be in effect). There will also be all kinds of prizes including many of the new “fantasy” prize cards, Classic cards and much, much more (check the So-Cal RAW Deal Players Yahoo Group for updated information.)

Mark your calendars. Make plans to attend and show your stuff!

- All proceeds from this event will go towards the City of Hope Cancer Research Center. If you are unable to attend and would still like to make a donation, please use the form found and mail to:

Tony Vela
C/O ACMT
11660 Church Street #500
Rancho Cucamonga, CA. 91730

or email me directly if you need more information. velacards@aol.com
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Adam Crites Memorial Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
Gah! I'm getting married in Ranco Cucamonga May 3rd and if this was held a week later, my entire wedding party (the guys side) would come and play some Raw Deal! Too bad, but hope it goes well!

Offline unknown_soldier78

• +39/-62
  • Mamajawma.com (I could watch CHL 100x still laugh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
I will be there it is a weekend after my drill. It is a shame that the guys in your weeding party and you can't make it Scotty. It would have made it more exciting with more players but I have a feeling that it will still be a good one. Can't wait.

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »
Tony, I told the guys and they are bummed we are missing this, but we'd still like to meet up with a couple of your guys for some Raw Dealin' when we are there. Sunday Mat 1st works best for us. We will literally be staying down the road from you at Jamboree (10950 Church St). Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to work out some details.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
Tony, I told the guys and they are bummed we are missing this, but we'd still like to meet up with a couple of your guys for some Raw Dealin' when we are there. Sunday Mat 1st works best for us. We will literally be staying down the road from you at Jamboree (10950 Church St). Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to work out some details.

I'll be in Anaheim working the Wizard World show that weekend (April 30, 31 & May 1st). If you can come by to that, I'll be with Torrie Wilson that weekend. Thinking I might get some Backstage Autograph Session cards signed by her for prize support that weekend.

Wish you guys could make it to our ACMT! It's all for a good cause. Plus, Lita will be at the same venue we're playing at signing autographs. You never know what could happen during the event ...?!?!?!?  ;)

- VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline unknown_soldier78

• +39/-62
  • Mamajawma.com (I could watch CHL 100x still laugh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
I wanna play some raw deal.