Author Topic: WiP - Revo Jeff Hardy  (Read 1596 times)

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
WiP - Revo Jeff Hardy
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:12:24 AM »
Hey all, I want to build Jeff Hardy for Revolution Format.  This is going to be a work in progress type project, so I don't have a complete deck list to post yet.  Instead I plan to use this thread as a sort of diary in building the deck and encourage input at all levels.  Thanks!

<Revolution> Jeff Hardy for <Revolution Format>

The decision between his storyline and natural ability is a difficult choice for me, but because I've always wanted an ability like his natural one to be included in Raw Deal, I'm going to stick with it.  You've got to love ignoring those play requirements.  In particular, it gives me access to cheap Mean cards, which will go a long way in helping me bridge through the Core phase of the match very quickly.

Starting with my Pre-match, I think that I want to run this deck solely on the power of Previously Unannounced Match.  By limiting my opponent to 1 mid-match card, I have significantly less to fear from Before This Gets Out of Hand and Keep Your Eyes Open or Its Game Over.  Granted there will still be Mean and Follow Up reversals in the Arsenal, but this at least controls that issue.

More later.

Offline archanfel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: WiP - Revo Jeff Hardy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »
i would go base ability. The followup extremes are much harder to reverse and alot easyier for you to play
"In the Light there is Dark, But in the Dark is There Light."

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:23:29 PM »
i would go base ability. The followup extremes are much harder to reverse and alot easyier for you to play

I agree.

While I would like to move onto Mid-match next, I don't know if I really understand the base of this deck well enough to properly choose those cards, let alone which ones I would prefer to play.  Moreover, I could see a situation in which I drop Previously Unannounced Match, and my opponent responds with the same out of spite, leaving me with only 1 midmatch as well.  So right now I don't want to over-rely on MM.

For maneuvers, of the cards that my ability matches up with, I prefer Flying Tope, Flying Neckbreaker, Workin' on the Knee, and Flying Kick.  That assortment ought to help me cover my mid-range Fortitude concerns very handily, while also putting a sore beatdown on my opponent.

I know that I want to pack a fairly generic reversal array consisting of the high-flexibility Revo 1 hybrid/core reversals, probably the D:1 and D:2 variations for all three of Assault, Hold, and Throw.  But I'm packing that for reversal power, not fortitude building, so I need to figure out how to get moving on Fortitude.

I prefer to keep the damage from my Cores low, as that will help minimize likelihood of reversal, and with my ability and the selection of Means above, low fortitude should not be a problem for long.  Any suggestions on what 4D or so maneuvers might compliment this deck well?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »
It depends on how many 0F cores you want to pack.

Chop to the Chest is good early and has a late game kicker since you have a couple chest moves in your means.

There's also the 0F 4D hybid assault (might as well stay typed, kills reversals in the deck dead.)

There's also the Leg Sweep, which works if you have sufficent recovery options and plan on running any kind of discard theme, and perhaps the 0F 5D hybrid core.

I think the Extreme Cores aren't quite good enough to pack in the deck, esp if your next level jump is 4 or 5. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.