Author Topic: Superstar specifics  (Read 3380 times)

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
Superstar specifics
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:07 AM »
Is there a place where it lists out the superstar specifics for each superstar.

I've stopped for so long, and there are so many shared cards I'm probably missing something whenever I make decks
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile

Offline frehocc

• TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar specifics
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »
thanks ya.

I need to find Fan Favorite cards. Any idea on where to look?
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.

Offline Dre

• 2007 Canadian Qualifier Champion
  • +12/-12
  • Cool Enough to BE a Halloween Costume.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:43:04 AM »
Apprentice can help you sort out all of the Fan Favorite/Cheater cards. It would then be up to you to remember which Unique cards go with which superstars.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
You can actually use Lackey to search for 'em.

Simply search in the 'Trait' box for "Fan Favorite", and in the 'Superstar Specific' box type "Yes".

Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »
You know, this got me thinking about the RD database. Is there any way the creator of that amazing tool could get it updated? Has anyone even tried contacting them to see if this is possible? Last release added to it was REV1. Would be great to get REV2 & REV3 added.

Just a thought.

If this was already brought up somewhere else on the boards, sorry for the repeat questions.

- VelaCards
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
Technically, anyone could update the database.  It's an access database behind the scenes.  I don't even use the application, I just open the database directly and run my own queries against it when I need to look up anything about a card or to find cards with certain traits.  It's easy to do anything from "I need a cards with trait X" (heat, chain, volley, etc), to "I need a unique card", to "I need a card with X in the title" (punch, kick, power, etc), to I need every card that has "Can only be reversed" in the text.  It's been a huge help as I've been relearning the game with the several classic sets that came out after I originally left the game.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
Technically, anyone could update the database.  It's an access database behind the scenes.  I don't even use the application, I just open the database directly and run my own queries against it when I need to look up anything about a card or to find cards with certain traits.  It's easy to do anything from "I need a cards with trait X" (heat, chain, volley, etc), to "I need a unique card", to "I need a card with X in the title" (punch, kick, power, etc), to I need every card that has "Can only be reversed" in the text.  It's been a huge help as I've been relearning the game with the several classic sets that came out after I originally left the game.

That is awesome that you can do that. Unfortunately, not all of us are as MS Access inclined such as yourself. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Any way you could take the program and update it for the rest of us!  ;D

The db is an amazing tool and I have shared it with others who are either new to the game or getting back into the game since the early days of RD. I wish it had REV2 & 3 in it, plus it would great to add all the new fantasy cards as well.

Thanks,

- VelaCards
- Team NBD

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
I actually went the opposite way with my database and deleted all the Revolution cards and superstars out of it.   ;)

Offline frehocc

• TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
I think I have some slight memory of the RD database. Any idea where I can download that?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 02:26:34 AM »
http://www.comicimages.com/rawdeal/product/database.htm

I just tried downloading it and it looks like all the files are still there.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 06:44:37 AM »
I can confirm that the files are there and working as of about 6-8 weeks ago.  That's when I decided to load it and start checking out cards again.

Just for info if anyone decides to tackle adding rev2-5 in the database, it's basically a matter of filling out a set of specific fields.  Although I'm not willing to put the time into filling out all the revolution stuff (since I still deny the existance of revolution anyway), I would be willing to put together an excel spreadsheet as a template to fill out all the cards, and then once the template is filled out, I can get the data added into the database.  The work could even be broken up so that different people fill out each set, and if one of the playtesters wanted to do the rev 5 work, that could be ready to go on launch day for rev 5 too.

I'll do the tech support, but I am not interested in doing the typing for those sets.  All the sets I use are in the system already (although I've actually found a number of errors I've had to fix on those cards.)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »
I'm sure many of the fields can be filled out by cutting/pasting the info from the Lackey cardinfo.txt file (Open it as an .xls file)
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
I can type out whatever is needed. Is there a format in which I should start the spreadsheet? Do I just start typing away, 1 card per cell? If so, I'll do both REV2 & 3 for you.

- VelaCards

I can confirm that the files are there and working as of about 6-8 weeks ago.  That's when I decided to load it and start checking out cards again.

Just for info if anyone decides to tackle adding rev2-5 in the database, it's basically a matter of filling out a set of specific fields.  Although I'm not willing to put the time into filling out all the revolution stuff (since I still deny the existance of revolution anyway), I would be willing to put together an excel spreadsheet as a template to fill out all the cards, and then once the template is filled out, I can get the data added into the database.  The work could even be broken up so that different people fill out each set, and if one of the playtesters wanted to do the rev 5 work, that could be ready to go on launch day for rev 5 too.

I'll do the tech support, but I am not interested in doing the typing for those sets.  All the sets I use are in the system already (although I've actually found a number of errors I've had to fix on those cards.)
- Team NBD

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »
What's the best way to get an attachment to someone through here, or should I send it via a email? 

I'm grabbing a "fresh" copy of the database, and exporting the Rev1 cards from it into a spreadsheet.  That should give not only the format for what fields you need, but also give a good sample of how other cards are in the system.

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 10:59:25 AM »
Oh, and is there an easy way to just grab the cardinfo.txt file from Lackey?  I'll compare it to the DB format, and if we can get most of the info to match, it will save Vela a lot of typing.  If we can do things with little to no work, I'd rather do that than have someone have to do a lot of work.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »
Oh, and is there an easy way to just grab the cardinfo.txt file from Lackey?  I'll compare it to the DB format, and if we can get most of the info to match, it will save Vela a lot of typing.  If we can do things with little to no work, I'd rather do that than have someone have to do a lot of work.

*Done*

Choose your format:

LackeyCardDatabase.xls (Excel format)

LackeyCardDatabase.xml (Excel XML format)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:18:34 AM by MediumSexy »

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
This looks like you've already got REV2 & 3 done! Although, it looks like the "set" names are incorrect.

- VelaCards

Oh, and is there an easy way to just grab the cardinfo.txt file from Lackey?  I'll compare it to the DB format, and if we can get most of the info to match, it will save Vela a lot of typing.  If we can do things with little to no work, I'd rather do that than have someone have to do a lot of work.

*Done*

Choose your format:

LackeyCardDatabase.xls (Excel format)

LackeyCardDatabase.xml (Excel XML format)
- Team NBD

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
This looks like you've already got REV2 & 3 done! Although, it looks like the "set" names are incorrect.

- VelaCards

Yep, currently I've got Lackey set up to look at the "Set" when filtering cards for a certain format. I was anxious to get it released, and took a short cut, lol.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
So, can I take this spreadsheet and just start changing the "set" names to the correct set? Looks like there is already a column for format, so that can be left alone, I suppose.

- VelaCards

- VelaCards

Yep, currently I've got Lackey set up to look at the "Set" when filtering cards for a certain format. I was anxious to get it released, and took a short cut, lol.
- Team NBD

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »
The database file has a lot more fields than this (for example traits all have their own fields) but this will give a good start on being able to put things together.  Cleanup job should be faster than starting from scratch.

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 11:49:14 AM »
So, can I take this spreadsheet and just start changing the "set" names to the correct set? Looks like there is already a column for format, so that can be left alone, I suppose.

- VelaCards

I'll take this spreadsheet, and throw it into the DB format (at least the easy conversions.)  Then I'll see about getting it to you for proofreading and getting the other details in it so all the searches work right.  I think most of the fields are pretty self explainatory once I put up the xls template for the database.  (Actually, there will be two templates, one for superstars, and one for other cards.)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »
Let me know when it's ready, I'll host it on RawDealPlanet.com

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about this.  Swamped with work right now doing database work (that I get paid for) so I haven't gotten to this one yet.  It won't take that long once I get started.  Hoping to get some time this coming weekend, but no guarantees.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about this.  Swamped with work right now doing database work (that I get paid for) so I haven't gotten to this one yet.  It won't take that long once I get started.  Hoping to get some time this coming weekend, but no guarantees.

Take your time. There's no rush or deadline. It's just something that would be nice to have done and hopefully one day we will.

All your efforts are greatly appreciated!

- VelaCards
- Team NBD