Author Topic: Velocity- Classic  (Read 1604 times)

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
Velocity- Classic
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:20:52 AM »
Hi all,

As spoken between those who met this afternoon, we will be playing the classic format.
This means no Revo cards allowed.

However, we can either have our own version, which is

Ban- Piper, Andre, Kennedy

or

we can follow Velocity format and have the following ban list

Superstars:
Andre the Giant
Big Freak'n Machine
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
JBL
Ken Kennedy
The Largest Athlete in Sports Entertainment
Mr. Pay Per View
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

TK, Prize Cards, and Promos:
United States Title Belt
Vince McMahon, Guest Ringside Announcer
Managed by “The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart
The Champ Is Here!

Everything Else:
I'm Gonna Break You
Run the Gauntlet
I'm the Underdog
It’s All About the Game
First of All
Who's Cooler Than Michelle McCool?
Steel Chain Shot

Your thoughts?

Update:
Singapore version: 2
US version: 1
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:59:36 AM by frehocc »
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
Re: Velocity- Classic
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »
All the while, my stand is against banning. Reason? A whole long list stated in the Revolution 4 discussion/Velocity format dicussion, either one.

However, if I have to choose between the 2, I will definitely prefer the less banning version. Too much bannings = weaker environment = not challenging. Nonetheless, I will still prepare a AA deck and another deck on the format that your decided upon.
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline nomorewords27

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 01:59:10 AM »
agree with xiubin....

my vote is with the singapore version

cheers :)

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »
i tend to favor the US velocity banlist more since it more or less removes most of the problem cards

to me its more of even-ing out the power levels of the superstars rather than gimping creativity
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline kevinquakb

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 02:31:08 AM »
I got another idea instead of playing the velocity format-classic. We should have era-based tourneys like mentioned in other threads.for eg. premiere edition era where only premiere edition cards are allowed. To start things off,i suggest we start with fully loaded era to increase the number of playable superstars and card pool and then move on from there.

In case people cant find the cards from older sets,reprints from respective survivor series are allowed but no throwbacks. Since most of the current players did not play when the game first started out, it will be a good experience to go back to the past expansions. In this way, we do not need to ban cards yet can relive past combos that we cannot use now due to new cards.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 02:50:01 AM by kevinquakb »

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:53:56 AM »
I got another idea instead of playing the velocity format-classic. We should have era-based tourneys like mentioned in other threads.for eg. premiere edition era where only premiere edition cards are allowed. To start things off,i suggest we start with fully loaded era to increase the number of playable superstars and card pool and then move on from there.

In case people cant find the cards from older sets,reprints from respective survivor series are allowed but no throwbacks. Since most of the current players did not play when the game first started out, it will be a good experience to go back to the past expansions. In this way, we do not need to ban cards yet can relive past combos that we cannot use now due to new cards.

This can be a concurrent format.build 2 decks and whoever wants to challenge this, go ahead. All about having fun
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 02:44:27 AM »
I'll be only able to come tomorrow at 4pm or so.

YOu guys go ahead and play first