Author Topic: RP Wrestling  (Read 44827 times)

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
Re: RP Wrestling
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
I think that's a big part of the fun when it comes to using real wrestlers. You can stick to the gimmick they are famous for, but a lot of the fun is trying to get people to imagine that character in a different role with a different personality. I hardly ever stick to the same gimmick they use in real life.

If we do use CAWs I will write a "profile sheet" that people will have to fill out.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
CM Punk: Raver and Raging Alcoholic
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Doctor Barone

• Fake PhD. provded by Chad Dangler
  • +62/-42
  • Through being cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 08:37:43 PM »
Eugene: Rogue Scholar
Joe Barone
Lifetime Ranking: 122

Creed's idiocy and lack of reading skills aside, it's what Barone says.

Offline dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »
Ah. I got one.

Scott Steiner: International Man of Mystery.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »
Hey now Scott Steiner is a man, a myth, a legend. He can do anything he wants to.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:23 PM »
Hey now Scott Steiner is a man, a myth, a legend. He can do anything he wants to.

SHUT EUP AND GET MAH BAGS!

I'M HUNGRY!
#NateHatesMeToo

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
  • Because I'm Aweeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2010, 12:58:37 AM »
Theres a 1566.614% chance that Scott Steiner is better than you!
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »
"Normally when you go one on one with another wrestler you got a 50-50 chance of winning, but I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal. So you've got a 25% at best of beating me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix and your chances drastically go down. See the three way at Sacrifice you've got a 33.3% chance of winning, but I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning because Kurt Angle knows he can't beat me so he's not even gonna try. So Samoa Joe you take your 33.3% chance minus my 25% chance and you've got an 8.3% chance of winning at Sacrifice. Then you take my 75% chance of winning if we were to go one on one and add 66.6% chance and I got 141 and two thirds chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Joe the numbers don't lie and the spell disaster for you at Sacrifice." - Scott Steiner

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2010, 08:07:01 AM »
"Normally when you go one on one with another wrestler you got a 50-50 chance of winning, but I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal. So you've got a 25% at best of beating me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix and your chances drastically go down. See the three way at Sacrifice you've got a 33.3% chance of winning, but I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning because Kurt Angle knows he can't beat me so he's not even gonna try. So Samoa Joe you take your 33.3% chance minus my 25% chance and you've got an 8.3% chance of winning at Sacrifice. Then you take my 75% chance of winning if we were to go one on one and add 66.6% chance and I got 141 and two thirds chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Joe the numbers don't lie and the spell disaster for you at Sacrifice." - Scott Steiner

you realize his promos are effing gold. Like i'm sorry....but its amazing...everytime .

if we do this. and use real wrestlers (never done one of those..always CAWs....so I vote real) can I do a dibs on steiner...or is that mofo taken? please dont make me cry
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2010, 09:49:32 AM »
We can hear you, you know.. ;)

I wouldn't be opposed to making a sub-forum if there's enough interest.  Keep talking it up.  :)

CREED

Oh crap. Better keep it down until we're ready to take over, then.  ;)

Anyway, in an attempt to continue with the running totals, we now have 10 posters interested: myself, TurdFerguson, Ravnos, Rein, Daeva, JarekMace4, Commissioner D2, BigPimpin, Doctor Barone, and TheGreatWhiteDope.

I think we should settle on a mix, at this point, since opinions appear to be thoroughly split as to the real/CAW divide.

Creed, in terms of structuring the Fed Subforum stuff, when we get to a critical mass of people, could we have two subfora, one for RPs, and one for the shows? I've been in a fed that did everything in the same forum, and the shows became pretty much impossible to find the day after. We can pin a profile post in one of the forums, so we don't need a separate one for that, but keeping the RP and shows sorted out is big.

Also, on the new topic of the times, do you remember Hirojima? You remember when the Pearl Harbor bombed the German? Oooh, it's D-Day all over again, baby!
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »
I agree on doing the mix now. CAWs and real had the same amount of votes while mix beat no mix in votes so that's gonna be it. I also would like a forum with a sub-forum, but personally I'd rather it be structured slightly differently than how Dilbert is proposing it. I'd like one main forum where all the current RPs, rules, profiles etc. go and the sub-forum to be the Archives where all the old RPs and shows are put to keep them from clogging the main forum. I'd create an index thread with all the show links in chronological order so we don't lose those.

Answering Dope's question every wrestler is open. We're going to have a period starting as soon as I post the opening thread in the sub-forum where all characters are open and it'll be first come first serve.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2010, 03:18:07 PM »
So to make sure I read this right, nobody can call dibs on anyone until that topic goes up?  Or can we start the bidding now?  There should be plenty to go around lol. 

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »
I'd really prefer if we waited until we have a sub-forum before people start sending me requests.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
Just checking because I have two pms requesting already.  Anybody dares to take a certain Mean Street Posse and again, I cut off communications :p

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
Lol. Also, is this open to like, all the Wrestling Feds as far as non-caws go?

Also, any descision on how many guys we run with? I have 3 caws made up already, hopefully i can use two of them at least XD (at worst i can use the female one as a valet XD)
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »
For now I'm going to give people the benefit of the doubt and say you can have as many characters as you can handle, but no more than three real wrestlers plus one non-wrestler real person. That's just so everybody can have a fair shot at getting people they want rather than table scraps because one person hoarded a bunch of characters.

Also every real wrestler is open regardless of what company they work for. The only limitations are no dead wrestlers, and retired wrestlers will be handled on a case by case basis. For the most part I'd approve people taking retired wrestlers unless it's someone who doesn't make sense (too old, too hurt etc.).

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
Sounds good. I CALL DRAGON DRAGON!!!!!! :D j/k

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
Just curious if this counts dead men too. I've been Ray Traylor and Bradshaw in other feds, and I wouldn't mind rekindling the Bossman, but I can go elsewhere out of respect as well.
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »
TF Said no dead guys

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »
Yeah, I understand wanting to. I'd love to use Rick Rude or Curt Hennig, but I just feel it hurts the experience when we are using people who have passed on.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
Personally IF we could use dead wrestlers, I would totally go with Mike Freakin Awesome.  The push he never got :(
Still IMO the best big man of all time, including some Undertaker guy

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »
How about some name ideas for the e-fed? It'd be nice if we had one so we know what to ask the sub-forum to be named as.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »
The Awesome Federation of Wrestling lol.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
I was thinking Hogan & Friends!

Seriously though, I thought to try something different we could make the fed a Canadian national promotion. In that in tours all across Canada, but doesn't run shows in the US. It'd provide a different dynamic and acknowledge that this is a Canadian site (I remember the .ca days). Under that premise it could be something like the Canadian Wrestling Alliance, Maple Leaf Pro, Northern Lights Wrestling, National Canadian Wrestling.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
Ring Of Pain

International Championship Wrestling

Independent Proprietors Of Ordinary People Wrestling

The Hole In The Ground

Tommy Dreamer Is Fat Federation

ARMBAR

#NateHatesMeToo