Author Topic: RP Wrestling  (Read 52378 times)

Offline BigPimpin

• +278/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:12 PM »
CAW or not, I could do something for this.  I ran a mean bunch of midcarders, including World Champ Gangrel, "Dangerous" Dan Spivey, and a bunch of other Tag Team combos that were off the wall.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Ravnos

• +14/-5
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42:49 PM »
I would personally prefer to run CAW's, just because I haven't watched any wrestling in forever, and trying to be someone else isn't that easy...more unique storyline opportunities with CAW's.  Thought I would throw my 2 cents into that debate.
I'm curious as to why it really matters. I've read my fair share of fiction, and have taken some chops to the chest while drunk. Based on that, I could fit in this group too.

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »
Ravnos basically hit upon my line of reasoning; it's a lot harder to stick to someone else's character than it is to develop your own. I'm happy to go with the will of the majority here (unless I get stuck with wrestlers I know jack squat about, like Drew McIntyre), but CAWs definitely allow for more freedom.

I definitely would be against mixing CAWs and real wrestlers, though. That's just really... jarring, to me. I'd rather do Captain Ersatz versions of people, if you want to play someone from RL and we're incorporating CAWs. That'd only require coming up with a new name, if you smell what the Boulder is cooking.  ;)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
Making knock off versions of real superstars just waters down the whole idea of CAWs to begin with. If you are going to make CAWs then make it your own. Make it unique.

I agree on the no mixing though.

So far our votes are

Real Wrestlers - 1
CAWs -2

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
  • Because I'm Aweeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmeeee
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
Kinda glad CAWs are winning to be honest lol. Was never really into the idea of taking on someones personality. I have mroe fun making up chars of my own anyway
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
I still stand by real wrestlers, as it's what my background is in.  But whatever wins is cool with me, I can swing either way if it comes to it.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »
If Jarek is voting CAW which I am marking down now then it's

CAW 3
Real 2

Should we make our own thread for this?

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
I doubt Neil would mind us taking this one over, but if you want go ahead, probably just the draft thing we used to use.  It's basically along the same lines as that anyway.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 03:22:08 PM »
Yea keep me marked down as CAW.
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
Here's a thought:

Why not a mix?  Somebody wants to be Goldberg?  Cool.  Somebody wants to be Bryan O'Riley, an Irish shoot fighter from Boston?  That's cool too.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »
Personally I'm not a fan of it, but if that's what people want then I'd be open to it. Some say it's just weird, but I don't know. It's really up to the group as a whole. I'll go with whatever the majority wants.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »
What the hell. I'm game, and I have absolutely no preference on real vs. created. They both have their perks and flaws and I just want to play.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 07:05:22 AM »
OK, looks like we're starting to get things together. If I'm reading the thread correctly (and I just had dental work done, so I might not be) we now have eight people who've indicated interest: myself, TurdFerguson, Ravnos, Rein, Daeva, JarekMace4, Commissioner D2, and BigPimpin. That's a pretty good start.

We also have, by my count:

3 prefer CAWS - Ravnos, Jarek, and myself
2 prefer real wrestlers - Rein, TF
2 suggested a mix - D2, Jarek
2 opposed a mix - TF, myself
4 for whatever - BigPimpin, Daeva, TF, myself

This... is rather messy. I'm glad you volunteered to run this, TF, and not me. Should we set up a poll to determine CAW/Real/Mix, or do we want to come to some conclusion here?

Other things we may need: I think we should ask Antigoth if we could get couple subfora to run shows/RPs/post profiles in. If not, we can always set up something on Proboards, but this is a TCO endeavor, and I hope we can keep it here, where we belong. We also need to decide what's required for participation, when the shows will be scheduled, what titles there should be, and how the matches will be written: should the mods write the matches themselves, or would we prefer to have the RPers write some match segments, and let the mods write the finishes, to cut down on the work they have to do?

TF, let me know if I'm being too pushy with all this. I'm looking forward to getting off the ground, but this is your show, as it stands, so if you'd rather I back off with all the questions, let me know. If you're cool with it, though, I'll keep being annoying.  ;) [/secondguessingmyself]

Oh! And one other thing. We need a name for the e-fed. I'm fresh out of cool ideas, so I leave that to everyone else.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
Great post. That pretty much breaks it down. I'm going to leave the voting open for a while longer to see if anything changes. Who wants to ask the admins from a sub-forum? I'm not particularly close with them so it'd probably be easier if someone else did.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
Re: RP Wrestling
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »
I'm not too close with them either unfortunately =/ though at absolute worst, I have a Proboard I dont use too much, so If i can remember the addy we cna use that if we need to. I doubt we will need to.

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:38 PM »
Sadly, I'm in the same boat as Jarek. Looking at our list of participants, I hate to try and push the job on anyone, but Daeva's probably in the best position, being a global mod and all. If I'm missing a logical connection somewhere else, though, anyone who wants to should feel free to ask.

Edit: Woo, evil. 666 posts.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »
We can hear you, you know.. ;)

I wouldn't be opposed to making a sub-forum if there's enough interest.  Keep talking it up.  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Doctor Barone

• Fake PhD. provded by Chad Dangler
  • +62/-42
  • Through being cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »
Count me in for real wrestlers, or a mixture of the two.
Joe Barone
Lifetime Ranking: 122

Creed's idiocy and lack of reading skills aside, it's what Barone says.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »
You jsut want Jack Swagger and A-Train and Viscera! lolz

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 05:21:39 PM »
Right now we've got 3 solid votes for both real and CAWs while the mix leads non-mix 3 to 2. Let's keep the discussion up and shoot out any ideas.

The thing with CAWs is that it's a lot more work in the beginning. With real wrestlers all you'd have to do is give me the name of your wrestler and disposition(face/heel/tweener). With CAWs you have to fill out a long profile so we know who your are RPing as.

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
Just curious how often you expect people to participate. Since I have become Dog the Temp, both my free time and creativity have dropped. I am willing to play an occasional character, but I wouldn't expect more from me than to be the Jimmy Wang Yang of the Fed.
Either way, I vote neutral since technically, wrestlers change their gimmicks all the time. (Hence, the Raw Deal Card "My New Gimmick") If Issac Yankem can go from being a dentist to a burned pyschopath, I think the rules can be bent to cover any type of transition.
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »
I'm throwing my name in the hat to write matches, at the very least I can do a very solid outline and (insert guy here) can fill that out, modify the finish, etc.  Personally matches every week would probably be overdoing it, between our work schedules/other events going on.  I feel that matches every 2 weeks, with a "ppv" every other month would be just fine.  

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
That would be cool. Do a regular show every two weeks and then a PPV every four shows.

Dog, that's why I like using regular wrestlers. You can take an established guy and do whatever you want with them while retaining an image that people recognize.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
^^That's as long as I get good ideas on characters size/wrestling moveset so to speak, and what real life wrestlers they sorta resemble in how they work in the ring

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »
I like that idea for pacing, Rein. Gives us plenty of time to RP, and the matches don't get too rushed. My fed worked at twice that speed, and it absolutely killed me for a year and a half trying to keep up.

And that's entirely different than what I was thinking, TF. Might be part of my favoring of CAWs. I was looking at it that if you took on a real wrestler, you'd need to try to keep it relatively in character. As it stands, I'm moving away from my opposition to a mix. I have a couple CAW ideas I want to bring on board (including bringing my old heel character out of storage, so that's one character I don't have to write a profile for), but I'd be OK with playing certain RL guys, and stealing you delishious Subaway sandwich!

And with the CAWs, we'd definitely need to be clear on wrestling style, moveset, size, and that sort of thing. As long as we're good with that, we can make this work well.