Author Topic: RP Wrestling  (Read 30009 times)

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »
I'm always up for WWE style roleplaying.  I led Lance Storm in some old federation to like a 28 week undefeated streak.  Which was hard as hell considering it's basically "If I can be serious" lol.  Who ever expected the stunner to Ziggler :o
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:11:48 PM by Turd Ferguson »

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:25:42 PM »
I would be too, but I doubt we'd have enough people to organize one. I once had Chris Masters go undefeated for six months in one.

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
  • Because I'm Aweeeeeeeeeesommmmmmmeeee
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:20 PM »
I remember a few years ago I joined up an E-Fed, I debuted, and my RP was so good that I got a title shot in the 2nd week but, I forgot ot send in a RP that week and thusly my char ended up with a broken arm :(. It was funt hough, Id be down for some sort of RP.
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:44 PM »
I think we could easily get a small group going on here, whether we do it in here or on a website anyone may know of.  I'm also up for the idea of doing a small "draft" where we each pick say 4 characters that we can rotate around so we have some variety for a smaller rp group?

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »
It's definitely an idea to kick around. I would be up for helping out if needed.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 12:12:40 AM »
How good was the guy who finally knocked off the Masterpiece?

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:15:49 AM »
I wouldnt want to help run the thing, but, id be glad to join in, as well as help any new people that mgiht be interested in it that havent done it before.
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »

It was a three way dance and he was the first person inducted into that site's hall of fame. So yeah he was good.

I'd run it if I could get someone to co-run it with me so I'm not writing all the matches.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:06:08 AM »

It was a three way dance and he was the first person inducted into that site's hall of fame. So yeah he was good.

I'd run it if I could get someone to co-run it with me so I'm not writing all the matches.

Just when I thought I was out...you pull me right back in.

I used to book and write for a tremendous efed a few years ago, KPW.  Reading the last few comments made me go back and read one of the best matches and entrances I've ever written, and dammit, I've got the bug again.  Count me in.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Ravnos

• +14/-5
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »
After going undefeated in my last fed before it shut down, I would be down to join a new one.
I'm curious as to why it really matters. I've read my fair share of fiction, and have taken some chops to the chest while drunk. Based on that, I could fit in this group too.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
That's five. A few more and we could actually start laying the ground work for it.

It also looks like everyone is going to be undefeated.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:11 AM »
I would be too, but I doubt we'd have enough people to organize one. I once had Chris Masters go undefeated for six months in one.

Go figure of all the characters I used to RP with Kanyon would be the one that stuck lol I actually ran a gimmick with him of stealing the ECW Network *Cyrus the Virus and any affliliates with that group* and would steal the gimmick of whomever I beat.  So as Kanyon, I would go into this winded rant going over all the nicknames I had lol

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »
You bastards.

You utter, utter bastards.

It's been too damn long since I RPed to think that I'd be any good at it anymore, and I'm busy as hell... but I miss it. I'm in. I don't want to run the show (bad memories of some things I had to mediate), but I'm willing to help with the behind the scenes stuff if need be.

My e-feds (HIW, which I co-modded for a while, and OTB, which I co-modded or ran solo for its... I think it was a two year run) were different from this, since they were all original characters rather than existing wrestlers. I'd recommend that if everyone was willing to craft some characters; I'm about 50-50 sure that I can still access the character sheets from my old fed if you'd like some examples. However, even if we do this with existing wrestlers, I'm down for some RP action.

And it looks like everyone else is used to having the mods write the matches, which beats the hell out of the amount of work I had to do as an RPer with my fed. (Everyone had to RP at least once for their weekly match, if they were on the card, and they had to write two match segments each: their intro and one action segment. The mods then decided who was winning, and alternately either wrote the ending themselves or contacted the winner and told them to write the closing segment.)

I certainly can't claim to be undefeated, given that as a mod, I felt it unfair to give myself wins. (plus, when I wasn't a mod, I was generally thrown up against people who were able to toss off four or five gigantic walls of purple prose a week, which was far too much work for me to counter.) However, I did end up winning a couple titles, so hopefully I'll put in a good showing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:06:08 PM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »
I'd prefer to do existing wrestlers. If a majority wanted to do CAWs though then that's what we would go with. Right now we've got five (six if Jayson is in). That's getting close.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »
Nononononononono I gave up E-Feding long time ago and unlike Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan I am staing retired  8)

I was just saying lol  Although annoyingly enough my CAW ten years ago is now a god damn real life wrestler now!  >:(

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »
Heh, I literally came up with the idea for the Straight Edge Society down to the name last summer. Mine didn't involve head shaving though.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
I would be the Lance Storm type of the group, always consistently at least putting content out and having good participation.  I can probably even run a tag team as well, making me good for 2-3 wrestlers per week/month however we end up working on this.  

And someone on AIM I know from here calls our little circle on TCO the TCO Clique, as we're basically the same guys who ran over the boards with the fantasy drafts :p

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
Heh, I literally came up with the idea for the Straight Edge Society down to the name last summer. Mine didn't involve head shaving though.

I am talking about name and gimmick included :p  I created the character Suicide back in 1999  :P  effing tna

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
Heh, maybe wrestling writers dig through E-fed archives for ideas.

Rein, do you think you could bring in any friends to join us? I'm going to try and get a hold of my old partner in crime and see if he wants to dust off the keyboard for one more run.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
Heh, maybe wrestling writers dig through E-fed archives for ideas.

Rein, do you think you could bring in any friends to join us? I'm going to try and get a hold of my old partner in crime and see if he wants to dust off the keyboard for one more run.

Tell me about it :p  WWE stole his entrance for "Pirate" Paul Birchill  :-X

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
I would be the Lance Storm type of the group, always consistently at least putting content out and having good participation.  I can probably even run a tag team as well, making me good for 2-3 wrestlers per week/month however we end up working on this.  

And someone on AIM I know from here calls our little circle on TCO the TCO Clique, as we're basically the same guys who ran over the boards with the fantasy drafts :p

Steady participation, tag team writing, consistency, taking over the board with fantasy draft stuff... are you quite sure you're not me?  ;)

I'd pin myself down as Lance Storm-esque with the writing, but my characters were always the comic relief. You pretty much have to be when you found a stable that includes a goofball tag team, a mental patient, Keanu Reeves, Weird Al Yankovic, and a flamboyant Broadway choreographer.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »
I can probably get at least one or two of the old posse back together for a little reunion.  Even if we do it on say, a month trial basis it should be fun.  And even the TCO gang that isn't involved in it from the rp side, can contribute ideas and commentaries/possibly even something along the lines of a forum for the fed itself.  Trust me on that, with the vast knowledge of wrestling on here that goes back years to most of our tiny toddler days, that alone can feed us for a good period.

And I would be you dilbert, except that when we fantasy drafted I literally wanted to draft Alex Wright off the board :p

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 01:04:19 PM »
I love mid card comedy face stables. I did one once with Norman Smiley where the gimmick was he was running for World Champion in a presidential style campaign. I had Funaki as his NUMBAH ONE SUPPORTER, Michelle McCool as his campaign manager (Miss Manager), Hurricane as his head of security, then Taka Michinoku as an evil infiltrator trying to destroy the campaign from within.

Sounds good Rein. I'll do whatever I can to make it happen even if it means I have to do the match writing work myself for now.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »
And go figure I moved and found a binder full of all my e-fed applications from other people lol

Offline JarekMace4

• +4/-9
    • View Profile
RP Wrestling
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
My suggestion on the whole Caw/vs real things..I was doin some thinknig last night. If we do the multiple chars things, how about 3 males an one female, one of which could be a caw? (I say 3 males cos if we do a tag team division or whatever.) or even just 1 guy 1 girl one could be a caw.