Author Topic: The Patriots get richer  (Read 1295 times)

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
The Patriots get richer
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »
The Patriots traded Richard Seymour (in the final year of his contract) to the Raiders for a 2011 first round draft pick, likely to be a high one. This comes after the Raiders traded Derrick Burgess to the Patriots for a low round pick. WTF?
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Re: The Patriots get richer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:22:55 AM »
I would say that the Raiders are trying to bury themselves........h owever Richard Seymour might help out a lot.......besides have you seen what Al Davis has done with early draft picks lately anyways? lol
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
this is disgusting for both sides

Seymor is 29 so he has a few more years (maybe 5 at most)
but his value is a 3rd round pick

now i dont see the raiders winning with the addition of Seymor, but who knows they could go 8-8 in thier crapshoot of a division.

If the draftpick is 16 or lower = bad trade
if it is 17 or higher good trade

this should have been a conditional draft pick similar to the one Favre was traded for

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »
You just said Seymour is only worth a 3rd round pick, then went and said if it's the 17th overall pick or worse it was a bad trade for the Pats, so which is it!? lol

It's obvious the Patriots won on this trade, anyway you look at it, it's a top draft pick.

Afterall, the way the Raiders have been playing.......it's going to be a top 10 pick anyhow, if not a top 5.
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline MediumSexy

• +102/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 10:05:21 AM »
Wow, Belichick is the new Ron Jeremy.

He's certainly screwed more people.
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming early 2018!)

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 10:17:52 AM »
Does that make the Raiders a cheap whore?

Hahahaha!
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:27:01 AM »
The Loser's Curse: Click for an article detailing the failures of 1st round picks

I've read past articles that the #1 pick in the NFL draft is seen by many people as a curse, considering the high salaries requested by unproven college players and the risk to the team if they under perform.  Many columnists actually advise teams to pass until later picks rather than take the risk. Likewise, I have also heard that Al Davis is having money troubles and will likely have to sell even more shares of his team to obtain operating capital. Maybe he is just giving up a pick that he knows he is going to botch while saving a pretty penny at the same time (depends on the contract that he gives Seymour).

Does that make the Raiders a cheap whore?

Hahahaha!

Only to be beaten by Queen Whore Dallas. She'll take any guy regardless of his baggage....T.O....P ac-Man...She must have a things for the criminals....Too bad for Vick.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:30:18 AM by DogTheUnemployed »
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

The chart from the above article.
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)