Author Topic: When you thought Favre wasn't going to come back.....  (Read 6175 times)

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
When you thought Favre wasn't going to come back.....
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:59:49 AM »
....he changed his mind again and is in negotiations with the Vikings once again.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/18/favre-vikings-close-to-deal/

*Sigh* it appears the saga continues....

To further update Pending a physical he's back!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:07:24 AM by The Hurricane »
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
Re: When you thought Favre wasn't going to come back.....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »
I'm actually happy about this. Everyone says he's coming back to get his revenge on the Packers, but now we get the chance to get our revenge on him for being the dirty Judas he really his. I'm looking forward to the Packers breaking his legs, what a moron.

Offline rocky_iwata

• +11/-20
  • Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
We are all kinda know that he will be back since he had left a bunch of hints during that time, so no surprise there.
That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »
As a fellow Wisconsinite, I've just stopped really caring what Favre does. The man has gone from a heroic legend in the eyes of myself and many people in my area to the Judas that Jdub referred to. Favre could have been happy with the legacy that he had established in WI, but he had to continue with this yearly charade in order to make more money, pad up his stats, and ultimately get his petty revenge. Personally, I am already planning my Halloween costume. I will be wearing a Jets jersey, a cheesehead, and the Viking helmet on top. Likewise, I will be carrying around turnovers and offering them to people on a silver platter ala the Burger King. The man is a joke, and I ditto Jdub's sentiment. Maybe an injury will be the final straw that will prevent us from hearing about him during every offseason.
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
As a fellow Wisconsinite, I've just stopped really caring what Favre does. The man has gone from a heroic legend in the eyes of myself and many people in my area to the Judas that Jdub referred to. Favre could have been happy with the legacy that he had established in WI, but he had to continue with this yearly charade in order to make more money, pad up his stats, and ultimately get his petty revenge. Personally, I am already planning my Halloween costume. I will be wearing a Jets jersey, a cheesehead, and the Viking helmet on top. Likewise, I will be carrying around turnovers and offering them to people on a silver platter ala the Burger King. The man is a joke, and I ditto Jdub's sentiment. Maybe an injury will be the final straw that will prevent us from hearing about him during every offseason.

Haha, I was actually thinking of a Halloween costume also. Wear a Favre jersey then get some crutches, make some fake bruises maybe some blood, maybe a arm or leg cast or a sling, some bandages, etc etc. Then when someone asked me what I was I'd be like "Favre after this weekends game".

I also was thinking about hanging a Favre dummy out side for ummm... yeah, for Halloween.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:46:47 PM by JDub »

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »
Green Bay and Chicago fans should be happy, this is two more wins each for them!!

I'm kinda happy too... Favre can NEVER beat Dallas... one less threat in the nFC 8)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Queensryche

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »
Green Bay and Chicago fans should be happy, this is two more wins each for them!!

I'm kinda happy too... Favre can NEVER beat Dallas... one less threat in the nFC 8)

Too bad Dallas has more threats to deal with. Like the rest of the NFC East for example.

Favre's theme song should be either "When Will I Be Loved" by Linda Ronstadt or "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers. If I wanted to see someone retire and unretire every year, I'd follow Terry Funk.

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
You can only cry wolf so many times.

PS: I also don't mean Ron Wolf.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:18:46 PM by DogTheUnemployed »
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »
Wolf's Rain then?
And I am so pissed that my boy Percy Harvin has to deal with that arrogant prick Favre.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
Man I can't believe how many local people (I'm in WI) are still siding with Favre. I just don't see how they can look at what he did to the Packers, Jets, and even the Vikings and still say that he is the victim in all of this and "oh he just wants to play wah wah" "Ted Thompson ran him out of town". It's unbelievable I can't even put it into words how stupid they sound. I mean look at some of the comments these people are saying:

YOU PEOPLE IN GREEN BAY FORGET ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS HE HAS DONE FOR GREEN BAY. I WISH BRETT THE BEST AND I HOPE HE GOES TO THE SUPER BOWL.GREEN BAY DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE WITH ROGERS. YOU PACKER PEOPLE BETTER HOPE THEY GET RID OF TEDDY BOY THEN MAYBE YOU MIGHT GET TO THE SUPER BOWL.GOOD LUCK BRETT AND WE LOVE YOU.

Who's bitter?? Wow - you people really take Brett's life decisions personal. Get over yourselves! You act like Brett owes YOU something? NOT! Best of luck to Brett!

It's really a shame the Packers lost Brett. The Vikings will beat the Packers bad this year and it serves them right. Goof balls letting a star player get away.

These ignorant Packer "fans" make me so mad.

Offline dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd rather hear about Michael Vick than the non-story of the century of the week. Then it turns out said non-story is Brett the Former Jet. For the love of all that is holy, Brett, GO AWAY, ONCE AND FOR ALL. Your act was tired the first time. This is the fifth or sixth, and you're looking more and more pathetic by the moment. Just go away.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »
Wolf's Rain then?

It's a decent anime. I've been going retro and watching "Ginga Nagareboshi Gin".
Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXoFSxBdPo&feature=PlayList&p=BE43ACCC56AEDBC7&index=0&playnext=1

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00:48 PM »
currently laying in a bed in a hotel in WI. My Vikings jacket about 10 feet away...

I feel better for some reason suddenly.

I had to keep the jacket hidden for the last few days in indy. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to keep it hidden until I'm out of state.

Offline MediumSexy

• +102/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »
I can't believe the nerve of someone like Favre. I mean what's 10-12 million dollars these days? Especially in this economy. I know I wouldn't come out of retirement every year if I could get cash like that. [/sarcasm]

I don't blame him one damned bit. If you can get people to fall for it and still get that kind of money just for "one more season", go for it, and more power to you...
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming early 2018!)

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 02:05:32 AM »
currently laying in a bed in a hotel in WI. My Vikings jacket about 10 feet away...

I feel better for some reason suddenly.

I had to keep the jacket hidden for the last few days in indy. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to keep it hidden until I'm out of state.

I can't speak for all cheeseheads, but I am not one to hold a grudge against a fellow fan. However, I have heard some great stories about Brewers and Cubs fans getting into it at Miller Park. If a jacket really can make you feel better, I hope it works and you are feeling better soon. Personally, I plan to draft 0 Vikings in our TCO fantasy football league unless I am forced to take Peterson in the 1st round (I am betting their passing game stinks with Favre, and the running game will be even more important.)

PS: All the same, get well soon, and I would hide the jacket until I am out of the state. Heck, continue to hide it even when you are out of the state. Kidding.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 05:35:15 AM »
I can't believe the nerve of someone like Favre. I mean what's 10-12 million dollars these days? Especially in this economy. I know I wouldn't come out of retirement every year if I could get cash like that. [/sarcasm]

I don't blame him one damned bit. If you can get people to fall for it and still get that kind of money just for "one more season", go for it, and more power to you...

I would agree with you but it's the fact he retired twice just to weasel his way out of two contracts, and played the whole victim angle the whole time so he could look like a saint. Why didn't he just play his final season in Green Bay then become a free agent and go to the Vikings then? You know like anyone else would have to? Because then he would really look like the bad guy in all of this instead of the "evil Packers who ran him out of town".

If he was a free agent and went to the Vikings I would still think he was a traitor but I'd have more respect for him for doing it the real way. Not the retire twice, manipulating, lying, crybaby, pussy way he went about just to make everyone think he is just poor old Favre who still just wants to play football because he loves it *tear*.

Offline MediumSexy

• +102/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 05:40:37 AM »
Like I said, for 12 million bucks, I'm sure he's broken hearted that folks are disappointed.
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming early 2018!)

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 06:21:35 AM »
Favre's MasterCard Ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoEGYFzS0jA&NR=1

There are some things money can't buy? I guess you can add integrity to the list.

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 06:54:26 AM »
Like I said, for 12 million bucks, I'm sure he's broken hearted that folks are disappointed.

But at this point in his career, with a big-time endorsement deal for Wrangler and the ability to pick up endorsements elsewhere, does he really need the money?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 07:06:22 AM »
Eh I said it last year when he came back and I'll say it this time. Just let him come back. If it's what he wants to do so be it. If he sucks then we know he made a mistake, if not then all those nay sayers obviously didn't know what they were talking about.

Do I enjoy having to talk about Favre coming back after saying he's retiring every year? Not really. However if he wants it, just say heck with it. Not like he went and turned in the paperwork this time like he did last time and had to beg to be reinstated. lol
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »

But at this point in his career, with a big-time endorsement deal for Wrangler and the ability to pick up endorsements elsewhere, does he really need the money?

He would probably do it for free, the money is just an added bonus. He wants to beat the Packers and that's the only reason he came back.

Queensryche

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »

He would probably do it for free, the money is just an added bonus. He wants to beat the Packers and that's the only reason he came back.

Actually, I think it's more the fact that his ego can't handle the fact that fans were ready eventually to move on when he did retire.

The first time he retired, I remember there being an outcry of lamentation from Green Bay.......for about a week. Then Packer fans realized it was gonna come eventually and moved on. It seems to me Brett is shocked that fans wouldn't be mailing him en masse begging him to come back. Retirement is inevitable for pro athletes, and fans realize that in the end, and for some reason that bothers Brett.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 07:53:57 AM »
I think he is worried that Peyton Manning is coming after his streak and records so he wants to pad them a bit more.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 08:37:21 AM »
Why isn't anyone else asking another question here?  How can they let Favre drag them along for almost 2 years and sign him for what, 12-25Mil depending on if he comes back next season, when they could have had a much younger, equally with as much to prove Michael Vick.  And arguably the media circus would be the same either way to be quite honest imo.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 09:09:19 AM »
Image is very important to Zygi Wilf. He wouldn't have taken Michael Vick for free. Besides TJ is underrated, Sage is playing well, and JDB might be outplaying both of them. Brett Favre is not needed and will slow their future. Poor move.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"