Author Topic: Is this too good to be true <revo 4 question  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
Is this too good to be true <revo 4 question
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
The People’s Team (Superstar Card)
Starting Hand Size: 7
Superstar Value: 9
Superstar Ability:
When you have 3 different Maneuver card types of 3D or greater in your Ring area, your maneuvers cannot be reversed from your opponent’s hand. When you have 4 different Maneuver card types of 3D or greater in your Ring area, your maneuvers also cannot be reversed from your opponent’s Backlash deck. You may play the card titled Handicap Match, even if your opponent cannot play any belt except the Tag Team Title Belts. You cannot play Title Belt cards. Your opponent cannot play the card titled Handicap Match.

If u use their revo 4 prematch, does it make every number 1 or just the damage, or just the different manuver types?

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
Re: Is this too good to be true <revo 4 question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
Let's look at the card in question:

The Most Electrifying Champions of SmackDown!
Pre-match Event
Your People's Team-specific cards are F: 0, and your Mutual Respect and Your Brush With Greatness Is Over cards cannot be reversed.
Reduce the numbers in your Ability by 1.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique

What this means is your ability would now read as follows:

The People’s Team (Superstar Card)
Starting Hand Size: 7
Superstar Value: 9
Superstar Ability:
When you have 2 different Maneuver card types of 2D or greater in your Ring area, your maneuvers cannot be reversed from your opponent’s hand. When you have 3 different Maneuver card types of 2D or greater in your Ring area, your maneuvers also cannot be reversed from your opponent’s Backlash deck. You may play the card titled Handicap Match, even if your opponent cannot play any belt except the Tag Team Title Belts. You cannot play Title Belt cards. Your opponent cannot play the card titled Handicap Match

The way your question is formed, it seems you misread "Reduce by 1" to be "Reduce to 1".
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »
yea thts exactly what i did, im still gonna make them im thinking, DLB (tb) would be easy to get out maybe transistion hold too

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »
yea thts exactly what i did, im still gonna make them im thinking, DLB (tb) would be easy to get out maybe transistion hold too

Better yet Panic Assault (the strike one) + Scoop Slam TB turns on part one of your ability in one shot, and then the next different move would turn on the 2nd part.

Let's just say they can start slow, and then stomp butt.   :)
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »
thats a very good, and could be very dangerous chain i think i will go ahead and make them,

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »
thats a very good, and could be very dangerous chain i think i will go ahead and make them,

Then again you could also get your full ability in one shot if you can get a copy of What a Maneuver to stick. Good luck with that since it's one of the most easy to reverse Multis ever.
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »
i was contemplating that, but it wont help having a 9 sv so to trash talk maybe pryotechnic.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:49:45 PM by Gilbert Arenas »