Author Topic: Great Job  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Ace Rimmer

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
Great Job
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:32:01 PM »
I havent been here for a while, but coming back i see a great job has been done with the concept i was helping to playtest around this time last year. I see a good combination of ideas from Revolution and from the Classic Raw Deal. I do have one question: you guys did wCw, can we be expecting TNA in the next set?
"34124-No officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero gravity." -Kryten (RED DWARF)
BRAWNDO: Win at forum posting!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Great Job
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:36:47 PM »
We did.  R4 has Christian, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Big Poppa Pump, Mick Foley, you know, all the TNA stars ;D

Seriously, not a lot of plans, if you notice - other than Sting, everyone in WCW has come to the WWE at some point, so it fits the theme of "WWE Raw Deal"  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Ace Rimmer

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »
Yeah, i was hoping to hit on those that werent in wCw or WWE. like Styles, Joe, Daniels, so forth.

I did notice all the ones that have been in multiple franchises around. like the ones you mentioned.
"34124-No officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero gravity." -Kryten (RED DWARF)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:41:34 PM »
There hasn't been a lot of interest in it when a poll was ran a while back, but we're aware that TNA has some interest yet, heh.  But for right now, we're working toward a 'first draft' on Revo 5, due out in fall/winter, and that's WWE guys who haven't made it in yet.. Priceless & Legacy, guys like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger, maybe a couple of Legends, maybe another "WCW guy" or two ... some chicks.. :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »
Yeah, i was hoping to hit on those that werent in wCw or WWE. like Styles, Joe, Daniels, so forth.

I did notice all the ones that have been in multiple franchises around. like the ones you mentioned.

TNA stars in Raw Deal as a RDPC-sanctioned set is probably never going to happen. It opens the flood gates to way too many feds. If we do TNA, then why not ROH? CHIKARA? NOAH? New Japan? SHIMMER?

Granted, I like Larry Sweeney as much as the next guy, but that's just too much. WWE Raw Deal needs to stay WWE. The WCW stuff is a quick invasion, like the real storyline, with some lingering effects but it's not likely to be expanded much.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:44:25 PM »
... and wait till you see the new "Prize Support"!

[CENSORED!!], a special superstar for tournament organizers only, "throwback" reprints of hard to find and promo cards... the works!

It's an exciting time to get back into Raw Deal. There are enough superstars and decks, there really is no such thing as a "world wide metagame" at the moment.

Mod Edit:  Sorry, dude, that's a secret.. hehehe
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:59:26 PM by CreedP »
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »
so just to be clear wcw invasion is considered revo 4?

Offline Ace Rimmer

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »
I decided to come back when i was going through my old cards and tossing all the "filler" cards so i would be lugging less around when i finally move in the near future. And going through my old cards made me want to play again, and wanting to play again naturally brought me back to the forums.

TNA stars in Raw Deal as a RDPC-sanctioned set is probably never going to happen. It opens the flood gates to way too many feds. If we do TNA, then why not ROH? CHIKARA? NOAH? New Japan? SHIMMER?

Granted, I like Larry Sweeney as much as the next guy, but that's just too much. WWE Raw Deal needs to stay WWE. The WCW stuff is a quick invasion, like the real storyline, with some lingering effects but it's not likely to be expanded much.

I actually disagree with the thought that if you do TNA then you pretty much have to do the rest. TNA is a bigger entity than ROH is, and so forth. You could justify that you will only do superstars from Nationally Broadcast shows.

and AJ was in WWE for a small while, so i guess you could sneak him in on a technicallity ;)

There hasn't been a lot of interest in it when a poll was ran a while back, but we're aware that TNA has some interest yet, heh.  But for right now, we're working toward a 'first draft' on Revo 5, due out in fall/winter, and that's WWE guys who haven't made it in yet.. Priceless & Legacy, guys like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger, maybe a couple of Legends, maybe another "WCW guy" or two ... some chicks..

CREED

Yeah, Borne and Legacy needs to be in, along with Swagger. I also see John Morrison being one that needs to be a card, as he is getting a pretty big push right now. Maybe Kofi for the same reason, as he got the US title.

Offline Gilbert Arenas

• +6/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:45 PM »

Yeah, Borne and Legacy needs to be in, along with Swagger. I also see John Morrison being one that needs to be a card, as he is getting a pretty big push right now. Maybe Kofi for the same reason, as he got the US title.

I was thinking perhaps Santino/a, mark henry, and maybe a "guest host" where u can make them a raw gm of guys whove hosted the show, with their own enforcers such as shaq, zz top, and donald trump

just a thought

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »
Morrison is sort-in as Johnny Nitro, but expect Miz & Morrison in the set - they were one of the first Superstars we planned for the set, thanks to an awesome contribution.  :)

CREED
(And yes, the Raw Deal curse struck BIG TIME, heh)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 11:02:27 PM »
so just to be clear wcw invasion is considered revo 4?

WCW Invasion is more like a "Holiday Set".

Just a small run of superstars and superstar specifics. Think "Absolute Raw/Ultimate Smackdown" without the box, the non superstar specifics, and extra superstars.
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-104
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
On the John Morrison thing who's to say that in Rev 6 or 7 that we won't see a remake of Johnny Nitro....... just saying  ;)
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline rafzic

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »

Actually Samoa Joe was in WWE.  He was in it in 2001.  I remember one match where he faced Essa Rios.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
 wouldn't necessarily call that being in the WWE, lol.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Ace Rimmer

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 03:33:01 AM »

I'd say its enough in the WWE to justify him being in a set ;)

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +319/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 03:55:56 AM »

I'd say its enough in the WWE to justify him being in a set ;)

I respectfully disagree.
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »
An ECW set would be nice.

Taz Remake, Non-Revo versions of Dreamer and Sandman, Dudley Boys Remake, Shane Douglas, Eliminators etc.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »

Taz Remake, Non-Revo versions of Dreamer and Sandman, Dudley Boys Remake, Shane Douglas, Eliminators etc.

I actually agree on this one save for the Tazz and Dudleyz remakes lol unless maybe actually just release what they were originally supposed to be think it was the "Dudleyz family" though would like to see regular versions of many of the ECW guys

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see some new Revolution stars done. I know our playgroup is in the minority, but we love playing REV games.

Tony
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +319/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 04:56:54 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see some new Revolution stars done. I know our playgroup is in the minority, but we love playing REV games.

Tony

Revolution Big Show in R5 will be right up your alley.
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »

Tony

Revolution Big Show in R5 will be right up your alley.

THAT is awesome news! Thanks,
Tony
- Team NBD

Offline dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »

Thirding this. Also, perhaps we could get some of, and I'm trying to keep out people who are likely to appear in non-themed sets, Bam Bam Bigelow (the exception to that above limit), Mikey Whipwreck, a Raven remake, the Triple Threat, Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, New Jack, Public Enemy, and just for the fun of the card names, Joel Gertner.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
If we are suggesting personas for future sets, I'd like to promote the Big Bossman.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:15:23 PM by DogTheUnemployed »
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 04:37:49 PM »
Just gonna throw out Val Venis as he is listed on a previous C.I. released card. If it's been mentioned already before, my apologies.

Tony
- Team NBD

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
If were suggesting personas for future sets, I'd like to promote the Big Bossman.

I second this lol he was a pivotal part of the corporation and handcuffed is already a card in the game lol  Raw Deal needs some Law, Order and Justice!  I'd think just the pictures would be the problem lol all his cards would be easy.  LOL Cobb County, Georgia as a venue, Bossman's Nightstick similar to Sting's bat, I am Law, Order and Justice in the World Wrestling Federation as a reversal, Big Boss Slam as Trademark Finisher and You gonna serve hardtime....PUNK! as his action :p