Author Topic: Chain moves for Bret  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Revolution_Payback

• +2/-8
    • View Profile
Chain moves for Bret
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:41 PM »
Hey all,
   I am in the beginnings of designing a Bret Chain deck, but wanted to get some suggestions from a few of the more experienced players. When you make a chain deck what maneuvers do you ususally use?

Thanks

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
Re: Chain moves for Bret
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:15:55 PM »
Atomic Bear Hug is a must for all chain decks. Scoop Slam (TB) is a nice two fortitude as well.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 07:13:11 AM »
In the Backlash, while it's not chain, Panic Grab is usually not a bad one.  Tag team it with Wraparound Wrist Lock for 6F, and Atomic Bear Hug makes it 13F.  Even Grab + Panic Grab isn't a terrible move, since you can search for a non-unique.

If you're Cheater, then I suggest Vice Lock and Fujiwara Arm Bar.  If Fan Favorite, Atomic Power Slam, usually 2 per each.  Body Lock is a good bridge move if you're FF. 

Normally I'd suggest Atomic Driver, but Bret doesn't have too many Uniques to search for that he can't do so with his mid-match.  Maybe if you add an Atomic Spinebuster or Spinning Wrist Lock Hammerlock...of DooM~! then add an Atomic Driver.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Kyle Lurty

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »
 I would pack tb scoop slam, grab, ankle lock tb, and wrest hold. All as my zero fort maneuvers. Leg lock, maneuver of doom, atomic driver, apply legal tb, and atomic spinebuster. The legals are good for mid fort leg lock and maneuver of doom are good for shuffling each other back. Revo 4 has spinning arm lock that becomes chain. And i use atomic driver to search for all the good unique reversals. Like 2 for the show, raw deal revolution, revo my way, stop trying to hit me and hit me, plus atomic spinebuster becomes a high risk you can searc for. Mid match i would pack panic grabs atomic bear hug and ready to rights. 1 Panic assault if you have the room to play with scoop slam tb

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »
Grab is one of the best chain moves out there... yeah it's 1F but it lets you grab a card when played and panic grab/grab is a pain in the neck combo indeed

I'd stay away from the chain moves with reverse in them since it doesn't kick off the technical theme you are probably going for and makes them lose cards if they do or DON'T reverse the card, kinda D'von-esque there
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:31:47 AM »
Apply Legal Leverage