Author Topic: A weird question  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Revolution_Payback

• +2/-8
    • View Profile
A weird question
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:34:44 AM »
In your opinion, which is better when dealling with a game that is no longer in production, but you still love to play: Just build indvidual decks or build up the entire collection so that you can build any deck that tickles your fancy?

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
Re: A weird question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:33:07 AM »
I guess it would depend on the game and the number of deck builds possible, really.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline grymm666

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 07:11:56 AM »
Well, I am the collector type, so I would take the second option. The way me and a friend play Raw Deal now is to throw 10 superstar cards in a pile and have the opponent choose which you are going to play. It is a fun way to randomize our game instead of playing the same superstars again and again.

Offline Mr. Baker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
i personally am like 27 URs and 28 PRs and 4 starter sets away from having full of every SS in the game. from there i would build lots.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
I am 1 Cardboard Currency away from having at least one of every card ever printed for Raw Deal.

So from a personal standpoint, I'd say go for the sets.

The more you have, the more options you have. Sure there's going to be some cards that you'll never play with. At the same time, there have been decks that I never planned on building, that because I owned the cards, when the inspiration hit, I was able to build it without having to aquire the cards first.

And that... is priceless.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
The more you have, the more options you have. Sure there's going to be some cards that you'll never play with. At the same time, there have been decks that I never planned on building, that because I owned the cards, when the inspiration hit, I was able to build it without having to aquire the cards first.

While I am a good bit away from having every card in the game, I'll have to second this motion. There are decks I'd like to build right now, but will have to trade for the cards to make them. I say go for the complete set(s), then you have options...
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 11:28:36 AM »
File under my list of - Far too many projects - Eventually I'm going to get around to thinning out my Raw Deal Collection... and I'm sure when I do that there's going to be some spiffy extras that some folks will want to get their hands on.

But goddamn it people... I want the cardboard currency, and the next time someone offers it to me publicly, don't go sniping it from me you bastards.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
I techincally have every card but Nidia's UR's and just dont have People's Team, Dangerous Alliance or Nidia

Offline Revolution_Payback

• +2/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
OK with that being said does anyone have 3x Shane O'Macs they are willing to part with?

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »
File under my list of - Far too many projects - Eventually I'm going to get around to thinning out my Raw Deal Collection... and I'm sure when I do that there's going to be some spiffy extras that some folks will want to get their hands on.

But goddamn it people... I want the cardboard currency, and the next time someone offers it to me publicly, don't go sniping it from me you bastards.

I am looking for it too. I am in the same boat as you as that is the only card I need for an entire collection. If I get one ill tear it in half and we can share it :)
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »

I am looking for it too. I am in the same boat as you as that is the only card I need for an entire collection. If I get one ill tear it in half and we can share it :)

But I dont want it :p for whatever reasons those 3 guys i've just never wanted to build nor cared about