Author Topic: Non revo rawdeal reversals  (Read 3087 times)

Offline KANEfreak69

• +0/-6
  • Shout It Out Loud
    • View Profile
    • VWAA Wrestling
Non revo rawdeal reversals
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »
i was wondering because i kinda forgot what to do with this whole reversal situation. what reversals do i play when i don't have revo of the mind, what do i play?
You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best, The Hottest Band In The World.....KISS

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Non revo rawdeal reversals
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
Step Aside, Escape Move, and either Reach for the Ropes or TB Strangle Hold (or Break the Hold, if you like).
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »
Over Sell Maneuver

(Seriously. This card throws off every single combo deck I have built. I flat out DESPISE seeing this in my opponent's opening hand.)
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11:39:15 PM »
BASH!  :P  Return BASH of Scotty's W-O-R-M is a good alternate, if you meet all the other qualifications.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:19 AM »
do bash while packing oversell. your set for life
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline Dre

• 2007 Canadian Qualifier Champion
  • +12/-12
  • Cool Enough to BE a Halloween Costume.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:14 AM »
Except for Unique moves and multis. For those, Get the "F" Out covers nonfinishers.

I like, for Classic:

Elbow to the Face x3
Step Aside x2
Escape Move x3
TB Strangle/Reach/BASH Evader x3
Great to Be ... x2 (3 if BASH)
TB Leg Drag x2
Volley This x3
Once/Get the F Out x2
Don't Try This at Home x2

And then do what you have to do, based on the Superstar you're playing as. Compensate or take some stuff out as needed, depending on what you're weak to.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:13:28 AM »
Over Sell Maneuver

(Seriously. This card throws off every single combo deck I have built. I flat out DESPISE seeing this in my opponent's opening hand.)

You would be toast in my metagame then because I'm basically the only one that even runs Revo of the Mind. If oversell is killing you then your combo deck needs work.  :P

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:12 AM »
(dryly)  Yes, I'm quite sure the Raw Deal World Champ needs to make better decks..  ::)  haha

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:30:32 AM »
Except for Unique moves and multis. For those, Get the "F" Out covers nonfinishers.

I like, for Classic:

Elbow to the Face x3
Step Aside x2
Escape Move x3
TB Strangle/Reach/BASH Evader x3
Great to Be ... x2 (3 if BASH)
TB Leg Drag x2
Volley This x3
Once/Get the F Out x2
Don't Try This at Home x2

And then do what you have to do, based on the Superstar you're playing as. Compensate or take some stuff out as needed, depending on what you're weak to.

other than the leg drags yeah thats usually the basic way to go reversal wise if you add something 2 nerve holds for classic since they hit what leg drags dont on overturn.  BASH has never been THAT much a problem for me since majority of my decks offensive moves end up being precision dynamic or shoots which the bash ones dont hit cept me llamo

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »
(dryly)  Yes, I'm quite sure the Raw Deal World Champ needs to make better decks..  ::)  haha

CREED

I'm quite sure that winning a Raw Deal tourney in 2008 isn't nearly as big a deal as it once was. Besides no one from my area was at Gencon 2008. When my metagame was at it's peak we had the Origins winner two years in a row and had about a dozen people in the top 50, so yeah...

Also Jayson what's wrong with Leg Drag (TB) I pack it almost universally because of Precision Haymaker.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
nothing really wrong with it, i just normally go with cradles and backslides in all access due to heavy plunging

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
I'm quite sure that winning a Raw Deal tourney in 2008 isn't nearly as big a deal as it once was. Besides no one from my area was at Gencon 2008. When my metagame was at it's peak we had the Origins winner two years in a row and had about a dozen people in the top 50, so yeah...

LOLZ   The interwebs - where everyone 'could'a should'a would'a'.  :)

Backslide does have the slight advantage, also, of having no damage restriction unlike Leg Drag TB.  Plus there's that whole occasionally winning the game thing... good call, Mr. Phenix.  :)

CREED

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
they won me quite the number of matches with Goldberg  :police:

and my favorite backslide memory will be rolling someone's world qualifier winning evolution deck by beating them with backslide 2nd or 3rd turn

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
Here's a great story for you... GenCon 2006, UK Commissioner Pete Bradley's Cena faces Andre in the Top 16 or so, getting a good start with Chain Gang -> 5KS, but then Andre starts in with Blindside maneuvers.  I wander off to check other games and come back to this one much later, when Andre seems to have the game well in hand, and throws Precision Haymaker, forcing Cena to draw 5 of his last 6 cards.  Pete draws and plays the Backslide, and declares it is 'for the win'.  All eyes go to the Ring areas, as sure enough Andre has NO Stun on his maneuvers, but Cena has the Five stars of Five Knuckle Shuffle in his Ring.  Game over.

The Andre player pulled the Precision Haymaker out of its sleeve and tore it in half, heh.

CREED

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »
yeah lol it was evolution all about the game and i was using steiner with trash talking and managed by regal as my only pre so i was able to see what he could possible throw, get the junk out of my hand THEN search for the needed reversal.  pounded two big moves on him then drew stun and had both cradle and slide waiting for whatever he could throw lol for the over 20 fort win

Offline Dre

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »
Here's a great story for you... GenCon 2006, UK Commissioner Pete Bradley's Cena faces Andre in the Top 16 or so, getting a good start with Chain Gang -> 5KS, but then Andre starts in with Blindside maneuvers.  I wander off to check other games and come back to this one much later, when Andre seems to have the game well in hand, and throws Precision Haymaker, forcing Cena to draw 5 of his last 6 cards.  Pete draws and plays the Backslide, and declares it is 'for the win'.  All eyes go to the Ring areas, as sure enough Andre has NO Stun on his maneuvers, but Cena has the Five stars of Five Knuckle Shuffle in his Ring.  Game over.

The Andre player pulled the Precision Haymaker out of its sleeve and tore it in half, heh.

CREED

HAHAHAHAHA I remember being told about that by pretty much everyone who was around. I think I lol'd for a solid week.

(A true Cena out-of-nowhere win if there ever was one)

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
i guess everyone forgot about hold the phone
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline Revolution_Payback

• +2/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
In the same token, I am trying to design a Chyna deck with the new cards and curious to ask what Revo Hybrid Reversals I should back since they pull double duty?

Offline Dre

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:51:54 PM »
Hold the Phone is good, but I don't like it in non-Revolution of the Mind for Classic. It's good, just not enough room in most decks for me to want to pack it. It does hit a lot of finishers, though, so I won't try to down it.

With the Revo moves in mind, Hold the Phone is awesome against all of the 0-for-whatevers that are out there.

For a Chyna, I like the 0/whatever Assaults (since the 0/7 Assault reverses Revo Sharpshooter as well as any Assaults) and the 0/whatever Holds (since the 0/7 Hold will reverse Revo Power Slam as well as any Holds ... again, like Revo Sharpshooter).

Offline BigJoeFTW

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
sloppy sloppy and once is enough are always in my decks ( face of course)