Author Topic: The Crippler  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Anthony Lurty

• +29/-14
  • Best Damn Tournament Organizer In My Own Mind
    • View Profile
The Crippler
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
I would just like to bring up and discuss the broken-ness of the crippler with his new cards. With Rochester, Fight from finlay(so they cant steal Rochester), homecoming AND his ability, he will never die. He gets carlito says... and Lets Wrestle Already for mill, Big Stupid Grin for reversals and (tb)No Chance In Hell for actions. AND I'm Not Driven Be Fear for anything not TMF. He's covered for everything. He just always lets things go through, then Rochester/Ability(using homecoming to get a maneuver) to get it all back in. Combine that with something silly, like No Way Out(tb) or Inferno Match(tb) and he wins faster. Clutch/Apply/Dirty Low Blow(tb) for easy F and sits back and laughs. Plus, due to a technicality, his opponents still can't play a stipulation. Pulled some strings to get my match mentions specifically Chris Benoit, so A Victim of the Crippler still is powerful. I understand he needed to be better, and I don't want to turn this into a rant, but the point is to balance out. Not make broken. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions?
MOAR Cowbell

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: The Crippler
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:20:04 AM »
Wait, you mean crippler's playable now?  :)

He's still very vulnerable to certain pin conditions.  He still needs fort (easier now, yes, but he still needs it).  I assume you're going heel based on cards suggested, so heel got a couple kicks in the teeth.  I'm sure someone will make a dirty stall deck, but for every one of those, there's probably someone who has a pin condition to beat him.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:31:05 PM »
I would just like to bring up and discuss the broken-ness of the crippler with his new cards. With Rochester, Fight from finlay(so they cant steal Rochester), homecoming AND his ability, he will never die. He gets carlito says... and Lets Wrestle Already for mill, Big Stupid Grin for reversals and (tb)No Chance In Hell for actions. AND I'm Not Driven Be Fear for anything not TMF. He's covered for everything. He just always lets things go through, then Rochester/Ability(using homecoming to get a maneuver) to get it all back in. Combine that with something silly, like No Way Out(tb) or Inferno Match(tb) and he wins faster. Clutch/Apply/Dirty Low Blow(tb) for easy F and sits back and laughs. Plus, due to a technicality, his opponents still can't play a stipulation. Pulled some strings to get my match mentions specifically Chris Benoit, so A Victim of the Crippler still is powerful. I understand he needed to be better, and I don't want to turn this into a rant, but the point is to balance out. Not make broken. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions?

any deck that runs Victory roll , or backslide/Inside cradle has his number IMO. Victory roll more than the others.
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline BxHO

• +7/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:34:28 PM »

any deck that runs Victory roll , or backslide/Inside cradle has his number IMO. Victory roll more than the others.

Maybe a Not Done with any Flair..

Not Done with Any Flair
Pre-match Stipulation
You must take the top 3 cards from your Arsenal and put them into your Ringside pile.
When this card is in your Ring area, you may play 1 Pre-match card over the maximum allowed. If a player is about to win the game by a card played to his Ring area that specifies a Victory Condition on it, even if it cannot be reversed, their opponent may discard his entire hand and end opponent’s turn. The game continues.
Active
F: 0   D: 0

dont forgot 20 years... multi, and great comeback card

Offline Philippine Milkfish

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »
or Get Back In The Ring...
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline Joey Cilo

• +2/-11
  • Future Sports Entertainer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »
Or that new Revo 4 card that saids they cant play those things, Dont be that guy i think its called.

Offline ziggy zenf

• +22/-21
  • I'm.....from Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 09:04:59 PM »
Or Wrestlemania, if you're desperate.
WWJD
What Would Justin Do

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »
Or that new Revo 4 card that saids they cant play those things, Dont be that guy i think its called.

Don't Be "That" Guy blanks win condition cards and prevents you from playing That's It! or Goodnight, Everybody!, so it does nothing against Backslide, Inside Cradle, or Victory Roll.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Mr. Baker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 08:28:11 AM »
ok so how is vitory roll NOT a win condition card then?

Offline dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
The RMS symbol on the three cards Daeva mentioned prevents 'Don't Be "That" Guy' from taking effect.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.