Author Topic: Bush: Guilty of War Crimes?  (Read 6613 times)

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
Re: Bush: Guilty of War Crimes?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »

Regardless of what people think he can do, Obama is two things human and capable of making mistakes.

I have to agree with Tenshi and Pipper, I am strongly starting to disagree with both parties and all the national media, from MSNBC and CNN to Fox News Channel..... Fair and Balanced? HA

This economic crisis is bad, there is little anyone can do about it, including the government. Most CEO's are a bunch of greed F***ERS and the ones who went through the stimulus money like it was just like some others investors money need to go into a dark hole for a long time.

Out of the two candidates for this election I went for who I thought was the lesser of two evils, Obama. I thought that for a change we should go with a Washington outsider. I cannot at this time come to a conclusion about the viability of his presidency after only 45 some odd days. The economy has not bottomed out yet (although I hope it does soon). Hopefully we will get up and dust ourselves off and some of these giant company's will be broken up because they have gotten too big and their failure in the future could do more damage to us that we could possibly imagine.

** back on topic

The Obama Administration would have to prove that Bush ORDERED the destruction of those tapes, and honestly it will fall on some lackey before it does him. I doubt really it would improve anyone's life if Bush was sent to prison. Except all those who think Bush ruined their life or the true crazies like the guy that killed himself after Bush was elected for a second term... Really? Was Bush THAT bad. Don't get me wrong I think he was a terrible leader, but he liberate two country's with Tyrannical regimes with one being a false pretense that was proved that Bush thought he had good intelligence at the time...

He is going to go down as one of the most hated presidents of all time, but I doubt that Bush will ever stand trial for anything.

Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »
The way our polarizing nation is going, every President will be hated from here on out. The Republicans started it during the Clinton regime. The Democrats made it much worse during the Bush regime. Now the Republicans will up the ante during Obama's doomed reign. Can we please get back to politely disagreeing and respecting the Presidency and stop spewing hate that helps nothing?
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »
Bush made it much worse during the Bush regime.

^^^ Edited for accuracy

As a person who is neither a democrat, nor a republican, who is simply a citizen of this planet, who watch how the bush Government Manipulated the media within the United States...

When the cover of Time in the US has Brittany Speers, yet in every other country the cover asks "Is the US loosing the War in Iraq"

You really have to start scratching your head. When you watch the news reports out of countries like Canada and Brittan, and the are a stark contradiction to the news reports coming out of the US... I'm sorry... but for most of this decade under the Bush regime, your country was lied to.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
the country has been lied to for a lot longer than eight years, and I was accurate in saying that Democrats piled on hate and divisivness like the Republicans started in 1993.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 02:21:35 AM »
The way our polarizing nation is going, every President will be hated from here on out. The Republicans started it during the Clinton regime. The Democrats made it much worse during the Bush regime. Now the Republicans will up the ante during Obama's doomed reign. Can we please get back to politely disagreeing and respecting the Presidency and stop spewing hate that helps nothing?

Now normally, I don't get involved in political discussions because personally I consider myself one of the least informed people in regards to political matters (frankly, I just don't care--I didn't even go out of my way to vote in the election), but I find what you just said to be fairly hypocritical.  Granted, this type of stuff seems to happen a lot in the political spectrum, but you call "obama's reign" doomed, then proceed with the next underlined sentence?  Seems fairly backwards to me.

If there's ANY reason Obama's reign is doomed, it's because he's going to have to spend the beginning of it on erasing what was done wrong over the last 8 years instead of being able to do what he wants to do to improve things right away.

and in regards to the whole "one side hating the other" thing, that's one of the big flaws in our political system to me is the fact that there are only two sides.  I don't find that to be a healthy thing.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:51 AM »
When one half of the country is stuck in the past and attempting to drag the country backwards the other half is going to resent them.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
I understand some of you are young and didn't experience a lot of President's first hand, but this hate and bipolar attitude is a recent phenomonom. Sure there has always been some, but it started en masse with President Clinton's first term.

As for being hypocritical, WTF?  It's not a political statement that President Obama's regime is doomed, it's reality. It wouldn't make a difference if McCain had won.  I know Superradjoe said he doesn't follow politics closely, but even he must know the sad state of the economy.  It is not fixable in four short years.  One side will blame Bush, one side will blame Obama. We will spin our wheels and nothing will get fixed as long as the fighting continues. In reality the economy woes are everybodys fault.  The banks, the oil   barons, congress, over the top government spending. The President's really didn't cause this and can not fix this alone. So I guess if everybody is to blame, where does the hypocritical part come in?

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
but even he must know the sad state of the economy.  It is not fixable in four short years.  One side will blame Bush, one side will blame Obama. We will spin our wheels and nothing will get fixed as long as the fighting continues. In reality the economy woes are everybodys fault.  The banks, the oil   barons, congress, over the top government spending.

And sadly the sub-prime bubble was just the first to burst. There is another series of bad loans that already have a higher then normal default rate, and these come due in late 2010, early 2011. Sadly... I'm not seeing the US lawmakers do anything to deal with that impending disaster.
::Doppler Radar shows in Ice Berg directly in our path Captain! What should we do?::
:Nothing Ensign, we're unsinkable:

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
Bush hate aside, we are still feeling the effects of some stuff Clinton set down, much less Bush.  If Obama can stop the bleeding, then he'll get a chance to do some more changes next term. 

Offline Phenominal1

• TCO Donor
  • +17/-17
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
I think it's time that I put in my 2 cents on the ORIGINAL topic here...

Since most of the attendees on this site are american (no offense to those of other countries that visit this), I want to take you back in the wayback machine with Peabody and Sherman...to the year 2001. September 11th, 2001.

The day when the towers were crashed into. The day the plane went right into the Pentagon. That day, life in the US changed more than what we will ever know. Now put yourself in the President's shoes. Your country just hit with the worst attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor. The president's responsibility is the people and trying to recover from this attack. On top of that, he needs to take steps to try and make sure this doesn't happen again.

Obviosuly, Mr. Bush made decisions that people were not fond of. However, in times of distress, no one will make the most rational of decisions. No one has "all the information". Now he is gone and Obama has to clean up a lot of the mess made.

Whether you liked the Bush administration or hated it, even if you like what Obama's plans are or you're waiting for them to belly up, it's all happened. And now, we must deal with it.

Personally, I do have my disgust with the Bush administration. But the man was the one I voted for. I couldn't stomach the thought of John Kerry in office the same way that I can't buy into the Obama theories. If he can do them, fine. But now we wait
Jake Knight

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/j_knight2002/m.html?item=221344389684&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562"> Check out My Ebay for more Raw Deal and wrestling related items!</a>

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 12:05:15 PM »
While we're in that machine, do we wait with the President reading childrens books too?

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »
If that's what you're into.

Offline Centipede

• 2005 LCQ Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • Killers are Quiet
    • View Profile
    • Weeblick Ts
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
And sadly the sub-prime bubble was just the first to burst. There is another series of bad loans that already have a higher then normal default rate, and these come due in late 2010, early 2011. Sadly... I'm not seeing the US lawmakers do anything to deal with that impending disaster.

They'll raise our taxes and give our money to the banks when the next financial crumbling hits.  Personally I'd rather see the financial institutions go under then hand over more of my money for them to lost with their greed and stupidity.
The man, the myth, the Macek

Weeblick Ts

Not every story has explosions and car chases. That's why they have nudity and espionage.
- Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum

Offline Phenominal1

• TCO Donor
  • +17/-17
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:04 PM »
While we're in that machine, do we wait with the President reading childrens books too?

Hey...Green Eggs and Ham is a literary classic...lol
Jake Knight

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/j_knight2002/m.html?item=221344389684&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562"> Check out My Ebay for more Raw Deal and wrestling related items!</a>

Offline Centipede

• 2005 LCQ Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • Killers are Quiet
    • View Profile
    • Weeblick Ts
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »

Hey...Green Eggs and Ham is a literary classic...lol

I do not see WMDs, I do not see them Bush I am.
The man, the myth, the Macek

Weeblick Ts

Not every story has explosions and car chases. That's why they have nudity and espionage.
- Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum

Offline Tenshigure

• +0/-0
  • TCO 1.0 Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
This is why I hate US politics, either you're red or blue, Democrate or Republican, black or white. There's no neutral bi-partisan stance that anyone can take, and ever since the Soviet Union disbanded, the US has been at eachother's throats. I'm honestly not surprised we haven't had threats of a second Civil War with all the crap going on nowadays.

I hated the election crap, I'm hating the "first 100 days" crap, the patience of society is ridiculously thin. It makes you wonder how in the hell ANYTHING gets done anymore with everyone wanting instant gratification on everything. That's one of the main reasons why the country's in the tank as bad as it is!
Tenshigure: The AmeriCanadian
"Jesus Saves, Everyone Else Takes 5d20 Damage." Cheese Ninja