Author Topic: Divine Intervention  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Alfred

• +0/-0
  • Ruler of The World..... Someday
    • View Profile
Divine Intervention
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »
If my opponent plays It's Time For A GAB or For The Love of The Game as a pre-match card and I overturn Divine Intervention, is the card considered reversed and I have to remove Divine from the game or does it stay in my ringside pile?

Also, how about Backstage Ambush Atempt/Gauntlet?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:32:07 PM by Alfred »
3rd at Melbourne Qualifyer 2006 w/ Heenan

Melbourne - Australia

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Intervention
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »
Divine Intervention
Reversal: Special
When overturned, completely reverse any card (even if it cannot be reversed) or any card effect and end your opponent’s turn. This card is removed from the game.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, if your opponent successfully plays an Action card, you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique
F: 0   D: 0

Reversals cannot be played or used in Pre-match... unless they say so (see: Booby Trap TB, You Fight Like a Woman, etc)  Divine Intervention doesn't say it works in the Pre-match, thus, it doesn't.  It would merely be overturned and stay in the discard pile.  (if it was the first card overturned to For the Love of the Game, a second card would still be overturned).

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Dre

• 2007 Canadian Qualifier Champion
  • +12/-12
  • Cool Enough to BE a Halloween Costume.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Divine Intervention
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 12:22:14 AM »
Divine doesn't say it works in the pre-match (Let's Wrestle Already! does say that, though), so it doesn't hit either of those cards. The only cards that get around Ambush and the Gauntlet are Let's Wrestle Already, TB Booby Trap, and You Fight Like a Woman.