Author Topic: Is it allowed?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
Is it allowed?
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:39 AM »
I'm talking about the Israel war on Gaza strip. Is this discussion allowed on this site or is it going to be too sensitive?

Just wanted to know what people in US and Canada think. maybe move it to PMs if it offends anyone.
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline BrysonYuzyk

• +7/-2
  • A better, happier you.
    • View Profile
    • RawDealPlanet
Re: Is it allowed?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:18 AM »
I'm talking about the Israel war on Gaza strip. Is this discussion allowed on this site or is it going to be too sensitive?

Just wanted to know what people in US and Canada think. maybe move it to PMs if it offends anyone.

You could always put this in the sensitive topics forum.  Then not only can you not get in trouble, but it will also attract more people's attention!
We'll long be laughing after you are dead.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
I've moved this to the area entitled ...the revolution will not be verified

...the revolution will not be verified.
An area for mature discussion on different concepts. Only come here if you've got an open mind and are willing to be exposed to different ideas.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »
I doubt this will be a touchy subject for many as I think not many Americans really notice what's going on in the world.

I'll be honest, I had no idea anything was up.  Then again, unless they sent me a message on Xbox Live or World of Warcraft letting me know, I'd probably never hear about it.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
Israel is the main cause of instability in the world.

Offline SmartAssAssassin

• post whoererere
  • +100/-100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
well, from what ive always understood, you've got the two sides, Israel and Palestine, disputing over the owership of Gaza, and neither side willing to go out of the way for a peaceful solution.

Again, somebody correct me if im wrong here, but from what ive read and seen, both sides are meeting constantly to try and come up with a peaceful solution to the ownership and residence issues, but you've got Hammas, the unofficial independent group that refuses to negioate with Israel and show their annimosity toward Israel and its peoples via violence. In turn, Israel is accusing Palestine and the govenment of being associated with Hammas, which is straining peace talks.

so you have an extremist sect that may or may not be associated with the palestinain govenment thats attacking the enemy, and you have Israel that is convinced Palestine is aiding and/or encouraging Hammas, which again makes negioation difficult, and has, at this point, resulted in military retaliation by Israel against Hammas members, which has also managed to takes the lives of 100's of civilians.

so as i see it, two sides that want to trust each other but cant, which means the disagreements and violence will likely continue

Dave

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
Hamas is also the dominant political party in Palestine.

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »
lets make this something simple

If you are the leader of Israel, what is the proposal you will put forth for a ceasefire?
Point to ponder: Israel wants Hamas to stop firing rockets into Israel

If you are the leader of Hamas, what is the proposal you will put forth for a ceasefire?
Point to ponder: Hamas wants the destruction of the Jewish state: Israel.

Feel free to read up a bit more on the conflict, but I'm leaning towards the side of Israel, as they HAD withdrew from Gaza, only Hamas refused to give up hounding them.
From a military standpoint, it is also extremely foolish, as the conflict is like Cuba firing rockets into the USA everyday. Sooner or later, even the democracy with a bunch of pacifists are going to say :Fk it, a$$holes, MEET MY LITTLE FRIEND!!

If I am Israel's leader, I will bring the threat of overwhelming power, like what they are doing now, but more extreme. If your sovereignty is under constant attack, and your opponent refues to let up, threaten to nuke the bloody place once and for all to end the war. Maybe throw a nuke at a less densely populated area to show you're serious. any outside threat will end there and then

If I am Hamas's leader, I'll stop firing rockets into Israel. those rockets won't win a war with Israel. it will only serve to irritate them. I'm a realist, where politics are all about power. If you are unable to bring a big enough hammer to the table, your nuts are going to get cracked. Stop the firing, Israel withdrew from Gaza, just live in peace and go about your lives. Unless they are able to bring big enough bombs to the table that even Israel goes: Oh. you have THAT? lets negotiate...
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 08:21:34 AM »
the main problem with ceasefires is there will always be people who don't want to stop fighting

IMO a simple explanation is splinter groups, they wont always play along with the main body because there will always be people who say: what fxxking ceasefire? I hate those SOBs to the core and i wont stop till they're all dead, every last one.

Even IF hamas is directing every single last attack, they would probably go on without fear, since once Israel shows clear intention to beat them back to the stone age, the UN will interfere, like a teacher breaking up a schoolyard fight. Leaving it to be either be settled later or more underhandedly
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline SmartAssAssassin

• post whoererere
  • +100/-100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
the main problem with ceasefires is there will always be people who don't want to stop fighting
IMO a simple explanation is splinter groups, they wont always play along with the main body because there will always be people who say: what fxxking ceasefire? I hate those SOBs to the core and i wont stop till they're all dead, every last one.

Even IF hamas is directing every single last attack, they would probably go on without fear, since once Israel shows clear intention to beat them back to the stone age, the UN will interfere, like a teacher breaking up a schoolyard fight. Leaving it to be either be settled later or more underhandedly

bingo. im sure the majority of the population and common civilians would love to put a stop to the rockets that are getting launched at them, but as long as neither side is willing to back down (and seeing as one side keeps justifying its attacks as a retaliation to a previous attack) this is likely to go on for a loooong time.

Dave