Author Topic: Full Spoilers - Wave 11 - Lethal Library through Unforgiven Support  (Read 10589 times)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
Re: Full Spoilers - Wave 11
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
Eh... I'll be packing "Don't Be That Guy" and "Raw Deal 5th Anniv" anyways. :) oh... and this card:

"Legendary Animalistic Offense"

That, my good man is what it's all about. Besides, there's more than one way to skin a cat. (German Suplex tb is still quite a good way to get on the board, esp at 0F.) Anyone who builds a deck hoping to win around one card deserves to lose to "You're Going to Space Mountain" in the pre-match phase.

Always have a backup plan. Plenty other cards in Revo 4 to help out JYD and others (Ruthless Aggression tb anyone?)

-Ric
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline wallister

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
To Creed:
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 06:11:10 AM »

First off, Amazing work.  I would have killed someone by now doing what you volunteered for.

I'm one of those who would love to see a designers diary on why you made different decisions with different cards.  One thing I'm particularly curious about is making actins permanent on Peeps card.  I personally don't play him with any actions that need to stay around, so is there a better build I haven't seen or is it meant as a drawback to keep me from recycling my own actions.

Just curious.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 07:24:33 AM »
Sure... basically, LotP has a wicked destructive ability as it is, but coupling that with the Action combo decks (like the Funaki/F-U-N to recycle Pat & Gerrys, heh) seem to be the most prevalent... or the Heat action deck that Afterburns you to death.  But what if you want to play a more aggressive style deck?  Now LotP gets a viable option to put a maneuver on the board to help with his opening Fortitude, but to keep his strength in check, Instant Classic forces a choice - play normally with Action combos, or have a better removal ability but you can't recycle your Actions.

It's basically a trade-off, when you have a Superstar who's very strong, sometimes instead of giving him another strong card, the idea is to give different options on how that Superstar and his cards can be utilized.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »
This kinda helps "Heat" (via the "immunity to Headstrong" text) and hurt "Blindside" (Blindsided by the Dangerous Divas can't recur endlessly anymore.)

But as Creed and numerous others have said, the major points of this set are to a) Balance out the power levels, and b) make everyone playable. Cards like this (and the JYD card) that grant bonuses along with certain drawbacks are going to accomplish that. Remember, there's always the choice: If you don't like the drawback, don't play the card!

:)
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »
u know eugene's super suit is basically worthless, i mean any eugene deck is gunna just drop <R> Judgement Day and have a blank ability, now if it was RMS and added +1 to your ability for the whole game it may be worth packing, but i can imagine Eugene just plain doesnt need anymore help :P
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:22 AM »
You mean people wont be packing that backstage card that stops judgement day from being played?  ::)

Offline Revolution_Payback

• +2/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 03:32:34 AM »
If you put a Pre-Match card into play with an effect such as Roddy's new card, do you have to have the Capacity for it?

Offline rntaboy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 10:53:13 AM »
It just says put it into play, so I would assume it ignores the current capacity of your prematch.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 11:19:09 AM »
Same as always, Capacity is just another way of saying the number of Pre-match cards you may PLAY.  Putting a card into your Ring has always gotten around that, like using Managed by Tyson Tomko.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Revolution_Payback

• +2/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 02:46:29 AM »
OK silly question time. I admit it has been a while since I played so maybe this has come up but does Piper's card allow him to play two managers? One during the Venue stage and then one again during the Manager Phase?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 12:44:06 PM »
Yes.  Nothing prevents that, its just that normally Managers can only be played during the Manager phase.

CREED