Author Topic: Full Spoilers - Wave 11 - Lethal Library through Unforgiven Support  (Read 10713 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
More will follow in short order, but here's the beginning of the Afterburn era, from Vince McMahon in the Lethal Library to those who were Unforgiven...

CREED
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:17:06 AM by CreedP »
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Team NWB Aaron

• +0/-0
  • Haven't Marked Out Like This In a Long Time
    • View Profile
Re: Full Spoilers - Wave 11
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »
Wouldn't that card already be blank, if Managed by Eric Bischoff was played?

RMS bro.

Didn't see that.  In that case, mean card.
Team Nitro Was Better
Top 32 at Gen-Con 06 AfterBurn

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
...............I hate this card :p

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
Sorry, for what its worth I tried to use the least tasteless picture I could find, heh.

How about these two?  Better?  :)

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 11:52:48 AM »
Not to Cindy brown the moment. but yeah the Trish pic makes lots of things all better 8)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »
Heh Heh Cindy Brown.......But I really like these Creed was talking about the logos being ugly but they look fine to me.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 07:21:49 AM »
Eh, we'll see.  There's one or two that I might go back and re-do, maybe.  But most of the Afterburn-era guys are all set on the logos, at least for now. 

Meanwhile, here's the rest of the Armageddon superstars...  :)

CREED

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »
After everything he's done for the game, it's nice of you to put Antigoth on a card  ;D
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline ziggy zenf

• +22/-21
  • I'm.....from Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
Pardon the Impertenence, and I wouldn't really expect you to change it now, but shouldn't the Orton card be "The Legend Killing Kick"?

The cards look fantastic by the way.
WWJD
What Would Justin Do

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »
No.  :)  And thanks!  :)

CREED

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »
Not to Cindy brown the moment. but yeah the Trish pic makes lots of things all better 8)

Wow, I had forgotten all about him.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »
LOL  Well, if it is a 'he', then HE is unforgiven for trying to fool us!  So speaking of Unforgiven..... (worst segue ever... heh)

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 10:36:17 AM »
Meanwhile, here's the Unforgiven booster Superstars....

CREED
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:43:00 AM by CreedP »

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
Is it asking too much to maybe think about being able to pack doomsday device and spiked shoulder pads for Heidenrich since his card is about Animal and he was a member of LOD?  Just a suggestion, not to start any arguement or anything or complain since Heidenrich's next card was gonna be his own Doomsday Device?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
Funny, the same thought had crossed my mind when I reworked the title/picture issue... we'll look over the Superstar and his cards to see if that would be 'too good', etc.  Game balance, after all, comes first.  :)

I tossed a bunch of posts about the Leader of the Peepulation cards because the wording was altered for clarification, as was the Managed by Super Stacy (nice catch, Mike!) text.  The new versions are above... along with the Bobby Heenan and JYD cards.  :)

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »
...aaaaand finally here's the support for the Royal Rumble superstars.  Tomorrow will begin Wave 12, covering No Way Out, Great American Bash, and everybody's favorite promo card from GenCon 2006, heh.  That will run through the weekend, Waves 13 & 14 will be skipped (support for Revolution superstars) until the templates are ready, so Wave 15 will probably start Monday - the first of the New Superstars.  :)

CREED

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »
JYD's is just sick.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-104
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
The Heat Seeker's card just makes me smile. Especially the look on Regal's face.  :)
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »
JYD's is just sick.

I can understand that reaction.  Here's the problem:  When JYD is introduced, he is a crap superstar.  Being able to throw bigger Grapples, which don't really have any protection, isn't that great.  He's limited on what he can pack (forced to play Face for Clutch reversals since he can't pack Strangle Hold) for maneuvers, and even with Legend support, his lower SV means Immortal, Piper, Jake, and usually Heenan can all play Bitter Rivals to beat him to Jimmy.  He really isn't doing anything that other superstars don't do better.

No Way Out, he gets a TMF.  Yeah, cute.  He still doesn't have help getting off the ground.  So they give him the Chain in GAB.  At this point, JYD decks become a gamble.  Do you get the Chain to stick or not?  If you do, Chain grapples FTW.  If you don't, you lose.  That's pretty much what most JYD decks do (aside from the random sponge builds with Major Announcement, which are still limited).

The concept was to make JYD playable without being 'all or nothing'... and give him the ability to get in the game, even using the Chain, without making him so reliant on having the Chain stick to have a chance in the matchup.  I think we've found that happy medium.. I think... :)  But its a very thin edge working with his card support between making him unplayable and overpowered.

(If I had the time, I'd love to write up a designers' diary of things like this to explain why a superstar got this card vs. that one, why this guy doesn't get this effect, etc.. ah, time, my mortal enemy, heh)

And yes, lil' buddy, the Heat Seekers picture(s) just kind of fell in place.  Didn't really have a plan for the card image, but looking through their respective galleries, I was hoping to find a use for that Regal pic, and with the idea of spitting it all fell into place.  :)

CREED

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »
Hey... one question about JYD's backstage card.

Does this "replace" the current wording on "JYD's Chain", or just add this text to it?

-Ric
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »
It 'reads' as directed, so it replaces the text until that turn has ended.  Then it goes back to making them discard and overturn on future turns.

CREED

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
wow...

His new card kinda sucks then. I'd rather make them discard their hand or backlash deck...

Anyhoo, thanks! I was just checking...
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 07:20:04 PM »
Please re-read my essay above, you must have overlooked it.  ;)

CREED

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 08:01:10 PM »
Nah. Just personal preference. ;)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »
Well, you have a couple options.  Don't use the new card .... or pack it but don't reveal it, and take your chances that you won't hit Volley This, VT, VT, Sidewalk Slam, My Way, Stop Trying To Hit Me and Hit Me, and something nasty like Stevie T.  ;)

It's good to have options, heh.

CREED