Author Topic: Design a New Card!  (Read 8076 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Design a New Card!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »
Can't do it anyway, bookkeeping rule and such.  And giving Mysterio the ability to play 619 for free at the start of the match is a no-go.  ;)

Interesting ideas, things to consider... Keep in mind that Vickie is pretty much a lock for the set, just needs some fine-tuning and playtesting, but it WILL be in the set, and will positively affect the Smackdown community, heh.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline chase_breaker

• +1/-3
  • I have the power of NINJA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »
Well honestly I just wanted to make it the non unique ones, like give people a reason to play those crappy smack down high risk, like the 2F 5D High Risk + Submission.

But Eh... I digress... whatever I tried
I have the power of Ninja watch out!
I also play Cowboy Bebop Interferes... so mind your p's and q's!

Offline Camulus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 01:17:36 PM »
I'll take a crack at this.

Set'em up for a SamckDown!
Mid-match High Risk/High Risk
May only be played if you have a card with the Smackdown logo in your Ring.  Put a number of cards removed from game on the bottom of your Arsenal equal to the number of Smackdown logos in your Ring.
When this card is in your Ring and you have High-Flying Style in your Ring, you may play this card as if it was in your Backlash.  When you do, put it in your Ringside.
Unique
F: 8  D:  8   SV: 2   SmackDown logo

I hope that last half makes sense.  Essentially, you can play it from your Ring, but once its resolved either by reversal or done doing damaged, it should go into the Ringside.

Offline TheGrits

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »
I actually just signed up so I could reply to this thread. How about...

Bringing Back the Smack!
Mid-Match: High Risk

This card is -1F times the number of reversals and Raw cards in your opponent's Ring.

Can only be played as the first card of your turn.

When the card High-Flying Style is in your Ring, you may play this card from your Ringside.

SmackDown logo
F:10 D:10

I figure it's got to be something strong in order to force a mild meta-shift. I wanted to give it some reversal restriction at first, but I didn't want it to be too powerful. Plus, Vicki would give it some protection already. I'm not sure if it should be unique, or active, or if the numbers would need tweaking to balance it, but I think its strong and clean, and has some potential to be played around with.

And as for the other SmackDown Pre-Match, maybe something like...

I'm Down For Mine!
Pre-Match: Event

Your maximum pre-match is increased by 2.

Whenever you play a non-Superstar Specific, non-SmackDown Backlash card, randomly discard one from your Backlash.

active
F:0 D:0

The random part of the drawback for this card may turn some people away from it, but it's also a straight out boost to your pre-match, no tricks involved, kind of along the lines of Let's Get it On is for the Raw brand.

Thoughts?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +318/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
Let me take a crack at this High Risk goodness:

Perfectly Executed Moonsault
High Risk
Can only be played after a 7D or greater maneuver or From the Top Rope or From the Middle Turnbuckle. When played after From the Top Rope, this card is -3F, +3D, and Multi. When played after From the Middle Turnbuckle, this card is -3F and +3D.
When successfully played, search your Arsenal for 1 non-unique card with the SmackDown! logo, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal. When High-Flying Style is in your Ring, choose one: the card searched for may be Unique, or the card searched for does not have to have the SmackDown! logo.
If this card is not successfully played and was not completely reversed from your opponent's hand, put it into your hand instead of any other zone.
Unique
(Restricted Modification Symbol)
SmackDown! logo
SV: 3
F: 13 D: 17
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:11:32 AM by Daeva »
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
the recycle of itself is a bit much besides that looks good

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +318/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 12:07:30 AM »
the recycle of itself is a bit much besides that looks good

That would be because I forgot something: the RMS. Fixed. The recycle is supposed to make up for the fact that you can't protect it with Vickie.
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:38 AM »
RMS isn't important, Vickie affects the opponent's reversals, not your maneuver.  ;)  Wording intentional to benefit those old jank RMS maneuvers like Missile Shoulder Block.

If I can remember it correctly, this was the idea given by Dan "Heckbringer" during our last playtesting session.

(card title)
Mid-match High Risk
When High-Flying Style is not in your Ring, can only be played after a successfully played card.
Cannot be reversed by D: 0 reversals.
Unique
F: 3    D: 6    SV: 1    ¶  (RMS logo)   SD logo

There might have been some more text, but the concept was that you can bridge up from 3 to 9, which puts you in range for Hurricanrana TB, with overlap from Vickie.  This could be a little TOO good, though, but the range has the right idea.  Nate, your card is a good concept but my thought was a lower Fortitude range, something that can bridge off your first maneuver and get you to 'second tier' Fortitude (10-15F) or so.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +318/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 04:51:32 PM »
RMS isn't important, Vickie affects the opponent's reversals, not your maneuver.  ;)  Wording intentional to benefit those old jank RMS maneuvers like Missile Shoulder Block.

If I can remember it correctly, this was the idea given by Dan "Heckbringer" during our last playtesting session.

(card title)
Mid-match High Risk
When High-Flying Style is not in your Ring, can only be played after a successfully played card.
Cannot be reversed by D: 0 reversals.
Unique
F: 3    D: 6    SV: 1    ¶  (RMS logo)   SD logo

There might have been some more text, but the concept was that you can bridge up from 3 to 9, which puts you in range for Hurricanrana TB, with overlap from Vickie.  This could be a little TOO good, though, but the range has the right idea.  Nate, your card is a good concept but my thought was a lower Fortitude range, something that can bridge off your first maneuver and get you to 'second tier' Fortitude (10-15F) or so.

CREED

Okay, no problem.

Take 2!

Perfectly Executed Topé
Mid-match High Risk
Can only be played after a 4D or greater maneuver or From the Top Rope or From the Middle Turnbuckle. When played after From the Top Rope, this card is -5F, +5D, and Multi. When played after From the Middle Turnbuckle, this card is -5F and +3D.
When successfully played, search your Arsenal for 1 non-unique card with the SmackDown! logo, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal. When High-Flying Style is in your Ring, choose one: the card searched for may be Unique, or the card searched for does not have to have the SmackDown! logo.
"Well done! That's the kind of action you only see here on SmackDown!" - Jim Ross
Unique
SmackDown! logo
SV: 2
F: 5 D: 7

Without the bounce clause, I even have room for the flavor text!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:53:25 PM by Daeva »
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »
You know... I like BOTH of these, let's throw 'em both in the set, with a few modifications:

Perfectly Executed Topé
Mid-match High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.  When you have High-Flying Style in your Ring, can only be played after a successfully played card.
Cannot be reversed by The Coach Says, "Today's the Day!"
Put cards removed from game on the bottom of your Arsenal up to the number of SmackDown! logos in your Ring.
When you have High-Flying Style in your Ring, you may play this card from your Ringside.
¶  (Restricted Modification Symbol)
Unique
F: 4   D: 8   SV: 2   SD logo

Perfectly Executed Moonsault
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played 6D or greater maneuver, or From the Top Rope or From the Middle Turnbuckle. When played after those cards, this card is +3D and Multi.
When successfully played, search your Arsenal for 1 non-unique card with the SmackDown! logo, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.  When High-Flying Style is in your Ring, choose one: the card searched for may be Unique, or it does not have to have the SmackDown! logo.
¶  (Restricted Modification Symbol)
Unique
F: 13   D: 17    SV: 3     SD logo
"Well done! That's the kind of action you only see here on SmackDown!" - Jim Ross

Any comments on these two?  Otherwise I think they're ready for the next wave of beta testing...

EDIT:  Added RMS to the Mid-match (Topé) to prevent Shane/Eddie silliness.

CREED
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:01:25 PM by CreedP »

Offline Camulus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 01:21:02 PM »
The only thing I see is that they don't bridge into each other with the PE Moonsault being 1F greater than PE Topé would give you.  I don't know if you want to adjust them one way or another to have them bridge, but since they both have Perfectly Executed in the title, I think it'd just make sense.

Offline The Softcore Legend

• +89/-107
  • Have a Nice Day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »
In my opinion, Smackdown has some great late game stuff already.  I don't feel that another 13 fortitude high risk will make me want to play smackdown.  Rather, Smackdown needs some better early game things to make those already great, late game things easier to play in your Smackdown Deck.

----------------------------------------------------

Awesome Technical Skill

Maneuver: Grapple

Unstoppable.
You and your opponent may search your respective Decks for 1 card titled "Awesome Technical Skill", reveal them, put them into your Hands and shuffle your Decks.

Smackdown Logo
RMS
Fortitude: 0
Damage: 1

---------------------------------------------------------

You only see action like this on SMACKDOWN!

Action: Set-up

If your next card played this turn is a maneuver you may ignore the "can only be played after".

Smackdown logo
Fortitude: 7
Damage: 0

-----------------------------------------------------

Cole Calls It Right!

Action

Name 1 card. Look at your opponent's Hand. Your opponent discards 1 copy of the named card.

Throwback
Smackdown Logo
Fortitude: 3
Damage: 0

-----------------------------------------------------

Low-Flying Missile Dropkick

Maneuver: High Risk

Can only be played after a successfully played card.

Smackdown Logo
Fortitude: 1
Damage: 4
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 05:30:03 PM by The Softcore Legend »

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 06:08:08 PM »
Hellz yeah, Jake!!!

I like 'em.
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »
Here's a fun one we just thought of:

Finger Poke.... OF DOOM!! (Hall n Nash Logo)
Trademark Finisher

Can Not be played if your opponent is Hulk Hogan or can pack Hulk Hogan Cards.

When played you win the game by Pinfall Victory

Fort 50
Damage 0
RMS
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!