Author Topic: Break This! Sable Card Concept  (Read 8775 times)

Offline Dark Knight Bob

• I Win!
  • +41/-33
  • Ludicolo ftw
    • View Profile
Re: Break This! Sable Card Concept
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »
(WARNING: Huge Post)
So the possible Enforcers are...

***STUFF***

...Got Enough Time On Your Hands, Alex?!?!?! 8)

Meh, it wasn't that bad due to the Superstar Guides section, but I was bored and figured I'd do something almost constructive.
Alex Jerry, pretty much awesome incarnate.

Top 16 at GenCon '07 Revolution.
Top 32 at GenCon '07 All Axxess

Officially retired from competitive CCGs :(

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 09:07:20 PM »
Also remember to subtract multis from the list, correct?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Doctor Barone

• Fake PhD. provded by Chad Dangler
  • +62/-42
  • Through being cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
Would choosing the Peoples Champ. BFM, Game enforcer allow her to pack the Rock, Kane, and Triple H cards, or just cards with the aforementioned enforcers logos?
Joe Barone
Lifetime Ranking: 122

Creed's idiocy and lack of reading skills aside, it's what Barone says.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 11:55:29 AM »
She could pack Rock / Kane / HHH.  There's no good way to word it (and the card has a LOT of text already), but its legal... and there'll be some form of an FAQ entry to clarify.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Anthony Lurty

• +29/-14
  • Best Damn Tournament Organizer In My Own Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »
as far as i know, you can pack them. Don't superstar specifics break abilities? That rule doesn't say just your superstar specifics. And can sable pack 6 extra cards?
MOAR Cowbell

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
as far as i know, you can pack them. Don't superstar specifics break abilities? That rule doesn't say just your superstar specifics. And can sable pack 6 extra cards?

SS-specifics ignore ability restrictions, but not game restrictions. The inability for females to pack Multi maneuvers is just like the inability for Sable to pack her 51st Arsenal card, it's part of the game and Corners and Wildcat don't bypass it.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline wallister

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »

SS-specifics ignore ability restrictions, but not game restrictions. The inability for females to pack Multi maneuvers is just like the inability for Sable to pack her 51st Arsenal card, it's part of the game and Corners and Wildcat don't bypass it.

... unless you're Chyna?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »
If you mean due to her new cards, yet.  If you're talking about the printed cards, no, nothing ever gave Chyna the right to pack Multis.  Its only her R4 remake that gives her permission.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline wallister

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:14 PM »

I guess what I'm saying is if a SS Spec card can allow Chyna/Doll to modify pack restrictions, why would a corner card allowing SS Specifics not allow other females to pack multis, or Funaki to pack hybrids. 

There are examples of SS Specs allowing cards you could not normally pack.  (Test/Andre - Factions, Big Show - Hog Log, Christy - Twist, Lita - DDT, Spike - Dudleyz3)

I tried to find the Faq for better language, but I'm not sure how to get to it now.

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to be clear,  :)
Doug

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »
There are examples of SS Specs allowing cards you could not normally pack.  (Test/Andre - Factions, Big Show - Hog Log, Christy - Twist, Lita - DDT, Spike - Dudleyz3)

I tried to find the Faq for better language, but I'm not sure how to get to it now.

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to be clear,  :)
Doug

All of those examples you cited are examples where a card breaks a restriction from the Ability, and that is explicitly allowed in the FAQ:
ALL SUPERSTARS
<snip>
-A card with a Superstar logo can be packed and played by a Superstar that can legally pack it, regardless of restrictions from the Ability.  EXAMPLE:  Lita packing Lita’s DDT or Andre the Giant packing <Revolution> ECW Originals.

The relevant part is bolded. You can pack cards that your ability doesn't allow, but it has to be a legal pack in the first place.

Let me give you another example: I'm Rob Van Dam, packing all of RVD's specifics. I throw John Cena Is In My Corner! into my deck. Can I pack F-U? Not a chance, because it's a Smackdown! card in a Raw deck, so it's not a legal pack in the first place. The same holds for females and Multis, and no card overrides that rule unless it specifically says so, like Chyna Doll's Pre-match card.

Bottom Line: no Multi maneuvers in female decks, even via Corners and Wildcat.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:13:59 PM by Daeva »
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline wallister

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
female multis
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »

Makes sense.  I was reading it as an ability restriction.  Corrected in head.  :)