Author Topic: Serene Centre Tournaments  (Read 29371 times)

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Serene Centre Tournaments
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »
Happy New Year people!
Well its has been a year of rememberance. The last PPV has been held. Loadsa prizes given out.

This thread is to continue the friendly tournaments happening in Serene Centre.
If there ever need be which needed competitive tournements held, i could still hold it n the prizes can range from packs to whatever cards depending on turnout.

Players of Singapore or around the region can contact me or PM me anythin in regards to Raw Deal here in Singapore.

This thread onwards would probably be done like a friendly themed tourneys for every week. Just like how i did em last time.
I am the Standard.

U beat me, your play skills are above the standard.
I beat u, your play skills are BELOW the Standard!

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
Re: Serene Centre Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:25:27 AM »
I seriously doubt this post is needed. I strongly believe that our player have a strong bond with this game and will not give it up just like that.

However, since the game had already died, and win or loss actually do not matter anymore, I seriously hope SOMEONE will not be a spoiler and use some strong decks when everyone uses fun and noob decks, and think that he is a real pro dominating around. It's all about fun, not winning. If anybody out there thinks that using some strong decks to win some noob decks is the fun you are looking for, I'm pretty sure that you will not get to experience that kind of "fun" that you are looking for anymore. I believe that most of the players agrees with me.
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:41:22 AM »
yay for fun decks...

anyways...I am hoping that the events at the previous Serene tourney would not repeat itself where we saw 1 Khali and 1 Andre...I mean...seriously... at this point of time, why Khali and Andre? They would naturally eliminate the competition without giving others a chance in the first place...
Toyota: moving forward...and forward...and OH MY GOD STOP! STOP THIS INSTANT!

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 06:02:32 AM »
Shhh.. you are being too obvious. A****w will not like it. Yeah, so let him/her be. Just that the person will get a record that he/she had always been getting for the past few years. 0-4? 1-3? 2-2?(erm I doubt that person had gotten 2-2 before last time when I was around, before I started to improve)
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline Ryuzaki

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:34:59 AM »
yay for fun decks...

anyways...I am hoping that the events at the previous Serene tourney would not repeat itself where we saw 1 Khali and 1 Andre...I mean...seriously... at this point of time, why Khali and Andre? They would naturally eliminate the competition without giving others a chance in the first place...

the andre deck i used was built months ago and last sat was the first time i was there since raw deal 'died', btw i have a new deck now..
I am The NEW Standard

u beat me, u are above the NEW standard.
i beat u, u are BELOW the NEW standard.

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 02:23:28 PM »
i think one of the off-sets in the game was the Legends. coz of jimmy.. the legends are usually in the top tier range.

so to make fun decks. there should be some sorta range.

So which decks would u think would classify as fun decks?
I am the Standard.

U beat me, your play skills are above the standard.
I beat u, your play skills are BELOW the Standard!

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »
A deck with a whacky goal that will not totally lock down opponent.

Or

Decks you do not see in serious tournaments. If you see it in a qualifier, we don't want to see it.

We want some interaction. Not something that goes: I play XXX, Reversed. See solitaire by opponent. Pin.

Whack decks can make use of strong cards. Like IAATG.
But use them in surprising superstars. Like IAATG Los G.

How about a heel or cheater home team?

Aggro Rock?

Bookerman?

BTW, if you want to test out your strong decks, we have those, but we can play them in side games. Tournaments are no longer about rankings or prizes. Don't snow on us with Bobby The Brain when we are using William Regal...
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:33:15 PM »
Yeah I do have the intention to form a chris masters, but I reformatted my computer, so I lost the decklist. I think I had sent xiong 1 decklist that is not updated. Maybe I can work from there.

How about a heel or cheater home team?

I had thought of an heel and fan favourtie home team before. With home team's discard 2 - shuffle 4 ability, you will not die as long as you have the fortitude for MI.

A deck with a whacky goal that will not totally lock down opponent.

Something like my 3D playing stackplex? Insistance on playing a card with the word slam before WAZZUUPP and finishing off a match with only dudleyz3. This are fun playing style.

Andrew using Mania to win his opponent is also some what fun, but pleading his opponent to give him a Pin instead of a CO is not fun.
RKO hit-list:

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 09:21:36 PM »
I am back with JERICHO! with your old school SPIT AT OPPONENT! DROP YE 4 CARDS! DROP!

btw XB, you finished ur Orton like he actually wrestles? If you coming down this SAT come face my Jeff lo :angel:

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »
I'm still working on it. It is very hard to make a decent yet realistic orton. Last time I managed to make a good one because he had a wider variety of moves. Now he often does some weird and lousy maneuvers.
RKO hit-list:

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 10:20:18 PM »
at least Orton has some wide variety of moves...Jeff has some crack head moves like baseball slide...we try to pack the B2B cards la...as in some of them only...like wrist lock etc.

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »
Well, I don't see orton do wrist lock and stuffs. And I just watched some of my DVD and VCD and observed Orton's matches. He did 0 suplex. Isn't that amazing?
RKO hit-list:

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »
one of these days I come over to your place, then we watch some WWE VCDs and DVDs and we build the decks based on what we see la...wan?

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »
Haha sure! Then maybe we can dig up some good old stuff in my piles and form a deck out of them.

Last time Lester and I watched a match together too, and we figured out all the moves, and even actions and commentated on the match. It was pretty fun!
RKO hit-list:

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
I am in for today...I can bring my deck over and we can try out some funny stuff

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 11:05:27 PM »
Too bad I'm not free from 3-5. If you want, you can come over after 5.
RKO hit-list:

Offline TimothyTang

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 05:50:41 AM »
congrats for beating the world champ, andrew
as this is the last official tournament you showed your true prowess by beating the old world champ..
therefore we will all regard you as the real world champ for your skill, passion and abillity to trash talk for the game
in our hearts .. you are the real world champ of rawdeal

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »
Yeah indeed.

Being able to defeat our world champ isn't a feat that everyone can do.

You are indeed the UNDISPUTED champion and you deserve that belt.
I'm just a 4-time serene champ, and as compared to The Great Andrew, I'm nothing. Maybe I should say, everyone when compared to The Great Andrew, is nothing. We feel so proud to have such a good and passionate player in Singapore. Like you claimed in your friendster last time, you are the best player in Singapore, and Singapore has the best metagame, which makes you the best player in the world. Indeed, you backed your claim with your actions and skills. We are all impressed. We really hoped you would open up a lecture class and teach all of us how to be a better player like you, since it is your favourite hobby to do so.
RKO hit-list:

Offline TimothyTang

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »
shall we creat a andrew-oh-chai-hock fan club???

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 06:10:24 AM »
Well that's a good idea. I will be the first to sign up. Maybe Timothy will be the chairman.

Erm, Zhen Xiong can teach us how to run a fan club? Since you from are Jolin Fan Club.
RKO hit-list:

Offline TimothyTang

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 07:21:23 AM »
LOL I don't think I have the right to be chairman as andrew the great has not approved of this yet =p

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
Today marks the day of which our Great Andrew used a new deck.

This goes to shows how good andrew is. He can do well with all decks. If you people visit Andrew's friendster, your will see a photo at which he calls himself the king of kings. Indeed, Andrew is the king of kings in raw deal. He is the best. He is my idol.
RKO hit-list:

Offline TimothyTang

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!OH HALE THE KING OF KINGS!!!
andrew is teh one and only KING OF KINGS in his own world!!

8WonderOFtheWorld

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »
HALE -> Hail? -_-"
Gratzz on Andrew being the final Raw Deal champ! :D
It is my rong xing to get pawned by the world champ! xD

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 01:07:52 AM »
HALE -> Hail? -_-"
Gratzz on Andrew being the final Raw Deal champ! :D
It is my rong xing to get pawned by the world champ! xD

Then would you like to join the AOCHV1FC? andrew oh chai hock v1 fan club. Timothy and I are the so called in charge.
RKO hit-list: