Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 2407 times)

Offline pinkalicous

• +1/-2
  • King Pink of the Three Kings!!!
    • View Profile
Need Help
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:51:05 AM »
I have recently aquired 5 of my 6 Favorite superstars, and have made pretty sucessfull Peoples Champ, Leader of the Peepulation, and John Cena decks.
But i am having trouble with my other two I have Shelton Benjamin Full (-AIUU)
And Chris Jericho/HOTN (-Springboard Dropkick TB)

any ideas on making good decks for these two?
Pink's Trade list-http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,1103.0.html

3 Kings- Taking Over the World of Raw Deal

Offline Philippine Milkfish

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:01:49 AM »
For Shelton, try either Chain, Shoot or WWE Homecoming (my fave Shelton design).

For Y2J, Heat might be a good idea. Pitch a Heat card to fuel the ability.

For HotN, you might want to try Chicago Street Fight Uniques, abusing his backstage card for recursion, and the Jeritron. Pack Steel Chain Shot (T) to fuel your hand, and combine with that midmatch card that allows you to ignore the "can only be played" text on hard to reverse cards such as high risks.
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline Whitescorpion

• I don't read emails and spam Antigoth repeatedly.
  • +1/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:07:58 AM »
For Shelton, try either Chain, Shoot or WWE Homecoming (my fave Shelton design).

For Y2J, Heat might be a good idea. Pitch a Heat card to fuel the ability.

For HotN, you might want to try Chicago Street Fight Uniques, abusing his backstage card for recursion, and the Jeritron. Pack Steel Chain Shot (T) to fuel your hand, and combine with that midmatch card that allows you to ignore the "can only be played" text on hard to reverse cards such as high risks.

Pretty much dead on!

For Shelton I think Shoot is the nastiest of them all. Removing soo many cards because of straight-shooting interview. It becomes insane!

At that point, you only have to hit like 3-4 shoot moves for the win

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:40:33 AM »
If you have a full set of Jericho, you have 3x World Tour '05.  That card is absolutely crucial for him, and you can fill your deck with Uniques for long-term recovery.  I built Jericho recently with Wrestlemania (with Kidney Punch to remove it) and Let Me Get a Shot In (with Can't Cheat an Honest Man to pick it up) in case of getting an early beat-down, and a ton of Uniques with Steel Chain Shots to both feed the ability and discard to Sustained Damage.  You can add in Chicago Street Fight as well for both ensuring the Moderately Priced Jeri-tron 3500 hits the board and playing Unique Foreign Objects like Overhand Chairshot and Chain Lashing TB.

If you're looking for more Uniques, think about the 1-2-3-4 cards from the new Tournament Kit, as well as Dynamic Finisher (play it, discard it, find it in the discard pile, recur 3), the movie cards (playing When Kurt Met Christy every turn), and using a Corner to gain more Uniques - especially since Don't You Wish You Were Me will get you around those pesky 'Can only be played after...' requirements...  :)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline AfroThunder

• +0/-0
  • Australia's Favourite Arab
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:16:17 PM »
I built Multi Highlight a couple of weeks ago.  Judgement Day/Old School/Highlight Reel kills the prematch and throw down whatever else you need.

Pretty brutal once you get going.

Offline pinkalicous

• +1/-2
  • King Pink of the Three Kings!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »
Thank you

Also for benjamin ive tried the shoot deck but it seems my manuvers get reversed alot and i usually dont get fortitude.
Pink's Trade list-http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,1103.0.html

3 Kings- Taking Over the World of Raw Deal

Offline Philippine Milkfish

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 01:27:39 AM »
Try Face Fan Fave WWE Homecoming with Banned from Ringside and Victory Roll in the Mid-Match. Feel Lucky (TB) into Superkick/Suplex/Front Chancery -> Multi up to 17F -> Back Breaker Torture Rack -> Short Arm Rib Breaker/Rolling Headlock Vise into Victory Roll. Good times.

If he chooses to discard due to Feel Lucky, he's making the win condition easier. If not, just pummel him with Multis until he keels over. Add Suicide Strike, Making This Up As I Go Along, and Goodnight Everybody in the Mid-Match as well. Then put Dynamic Finisher, THE Finisher, T-Bone Exploder Suplex, Shelton's Superstar Specific Multis and your Corner of choice for other Trademark goodness.
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline sickness_within

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »
Shelty is great with Shoot. I have him built have won all 3 of my matches. I run him Face/Cheater abusing the discard effects of OSP & Tech Shoot.