Author Topic: Questions & Comments  (Read 38145 times)

Offline originaldeadman88

• +12/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Questions & Comments
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 02:20:41 AM »
so would it not be possible to throwback them? not saying all teh cards but i will say in some areas it is hard to come by the likes of hold the phone and volley this, etc.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 02:28:07 AM »
Throwbacks of other cards are being looked into and taken into consideration on a case-to-case basis.  Throwbacks of some hard-to-get rares is being looked into right now.  Commons and Uncommons, consideration is being given for possibly a future set.  But nothing is set in stone.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

• +12/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 02:35:59 AM »
yes i have seen some of those rares in playtesting and i must say they are beautiful. my 2 cents: do a poll on here to see what commons and uncommons most people think need to be made throwback. once again, its just a thought.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-104
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »
You couldn't have seen too many of those rares in play testing considering I haven't used any of the new ones.  :P

The cards you saw from me were only playtest versions of cards I didn't have a whole lot of, not necessarily what you're seeing out of the set.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:02:12 AM by The Hurricane »
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 04:02:39 AM »
yes i have seen some of those rares in playtesting and i must say they are beautiful. my 2 cents: do a poll on here to see what commons and uncommons most people think need to be made throwback. once again, its just a thought.

I can pretty much tell you the top two: Volley This (by a lot) followed by Hold the Phone and The Return BASH for Scotty's W-O-R-M.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
And Youre as Graceful as a Cow on Ice
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

• +12/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
You couldn't have seen too many of those rares in play testing considering I haven't used any of the new ones.  :P

The cards you saw from me were only playtest versions of cards I didn't have a whole lot of, not necessarily what you're seeing out of the set.

But I saw those and they are baeutiful. I believe I was drooling when I saw them...

Offline Thrawn

• +4/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »
well technically speaking if the people who made the new online sets took certain cards and just re-did them so to speak, which is how i understand the "new/old" staple rares in r5 are, wouldnt that get around the copyright issues?

I'm not really sure that the new cards get around copywright issues anyway.  I just don't think anyone cares enough to go after it since there isn't any money in it. 

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »
They do, which is why I consulted a professor with multiple degrees, familiar with copyright law and such.  ;)

But taking an image of a card printed by Comic Images and sold for money, and posting them online?  That IS a violation of copyright law.  That's why if you have scans of Raw Deal cards and take them to Kinko's or whatever, they won't print them.  But when you show the text at the bottom of the Virtual cards, its legal and they will print those.

Please don't guess or bother with opinions on this, none of it matters.  Its an issue of LAW, not opinion, lol.

Short answer: no, nobody's putting scans of Raw Deal cards up in .pdf form, sorry.  For all his effort and money, Antigoth should not get sued.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline rogue172

• +3/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
What if you were to take the text of the classic raw deal cards and put them on new card templates with new pictures and put the disclaimer on the bottom of the card? Would that be a violation of copyright if you put it online?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
What if you were to take the text of the classic raw deal cards and put them on new card templates with new pictures and put the disclaimer on the bottom of the card? Would that be a violation of copyright if you put it online?

If it is the exact same card, yes, absolutely.  You can't empty a bottle of Coca Cola into a bottle of Mom and Pop's Pop and sell it as original.  That's the quickest way to have Coke's lawyers knocking on your door.  In Raw Deal, notice in the Virtual sets that when Chris Masters was released as the exact same superstar with a new picture, there were some potential legal issues there, but when we threw him back and added a line of text, it was no longer an issue.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Online The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-40
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »
Hello guys,

I know this might be an obvious question that I am missing, but where can I find a list of the current 4 Virtual Cards Text by Set (WCW, Rev 4, Rev 5, & SNME)?

Thanks

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
There are sticky posts on the Virtual Raw Deal forum with the info you're looking for.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
Hello guys,

I know this might be an obvious question that I am missing, but where can I find a list of the current 4 Virtual Cards Text by Set (WCW, Rev 4, Rev 5, & SNME)?

Thanks

It's a real shame that the updated RD db doesn't work with 64-bit Win7 .NET systems. All those cards are in the updated db.  ;)

But yeah, superradjoe is correct. The threads are long, but you can also copy and paste them as needed into a Word doc for quick and easy offline reference that way.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline CategoryOneGames

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
Has anyone created an Excel file that has full card lists in it that has the cards text and information?  If so, I'd like to get that from you.  Trying to put something like that together off of just the Text Files is going to take forever. 

Offline elceh

• +31/-9
  • Live the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »
I haven't, but you can always download the database, open the Access file, and export it to Excel.  It would save you a lot of time.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Offline CategoryOneGames

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »
That would be great, where can I find the card database at that has all the sets in this manor?

Offline elceh

• +31/-9
  • Live the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »
An updated version of the old database is available here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalWWERawDeal/files/

It should be under the link "Files", located on the left sidebar.
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Offline CategoryOneGames

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »
Cool, I just went to join the group and went through the process, hopefully the owner of this group approves me quickly. 

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
I couldn't remember where I'd see the link, but I have it on my site.  Did a search and found it.

Raw Deal Database

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline bloop26

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
@CreedP tried downloading it but winzip says it's not a valid archive or smth :X

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »
It has worked for others.  And I don't do tech support for free, sorry.  ;)

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Cleaning it up
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:46 PM »
This section has been bugging me for quite a while now.  I want to clean it up, make it neat and tidy.  For one thing, I'm going to use my free time at work - where I can't access TCO, but I CAN access my personal email, where I've stashed all of the Raw Deal set lists - to start creating full-text Superstar Guides.  These would have formatted text for each Superstar-specific card that can be packed, streamlined, Classic, Revolution, and Virtual combined.

(That's the only part I'm still debating, is whether to keep Classic and Revo separate, and I suspect I will.)

Also, I propose taking everything that isn't a card list topic, and consolidating them into ONE topic called 'Comments/Questions', so there's a lot less likelihood to have to scroll past non-informational questions and comments threads to get to the information.  :)

In additional, as I have time, I want to clean up some of the formatting for each set.  I'll repost in each one when it's done, so they will reset into the correct order, from most recent to oldest.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

CREED

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning it up
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2014, 09:31:34 PM »
Maybe themed posts?  All cards with Heat, chain, volley, Raw, Smackdown, etc?
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning it up
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:56 PM »
Sure, that's one idea.  Though something like that usually happens when someone steps up and does it... ;)

CREED