Poll

Are you comfortable with what's been proposed below.

Hells Yes! Git'er Done!
64 (64.6%)
Yes
20 (20.2%)
I'm not Certian/Don't Know
8 (8.1%)
No
1 (1%)
Hells NO!
0 (0%)
I could careless... I'm having a bonfire this weekend
6 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: November 20, 2007, 05:10:59 PM

Author Topic: Raw Deal Player Committee  (Read 46605 times)

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
Raw Deal Player Committee
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »
Hey all,

The Raw Deal - Going Forward thread has clearly showen that the concept of a Raw Deal Players Committee is something that the players as a whole desire.

While I'm the guy who puts together this site, and randomly comes up with a bunch of ideas I also respect that the RDPC is going to be the voice of all the players.

I don't want to presume so much that I'm going to assume everyone is comfortable with what what ever Kool-aid I'm serving. So I would like to propose the following, and see how the general populous feels about it.

• Effective immediately I take the position of the Director - Raw Deal Players Committee. My role is to co-ordinate the formation and intial organization of the committe. This would be a six month role, where various and roles would then be chosen by election at end of May 2008. (Six months would give me time to get everything set up for the first year)
  • Initial Roles would include
    • Head Rules Manager - Creed
    • Associate Rules Managers - Griffey, and Alarie (aka Walter Kovacks)
  • Establish a rankings system by either Keeping Tom T as Rankings Gawd, or having the tools transitioned off to which ever poor bastard is going to take over the role. And Poor bastard is the case because Tom spends 15-30 hours a week working the rankings. Additionally we will determine if we want to flush the rankings and start from scratch since these will be "Post CI" Rankings.
  • Assist in the organzaition of the culmination of the 2007-2008 World Championships to be held in Orlando Florida. (It's up to you to get your own ass there.)
  • Develop an intial system of Regionals / National championships.
  • Develop a system where we determine formats, and how or if Virtual cards will be created.

Obviously I can't do everything myself, and I am going to need tremendous help from ALL of the people who have helped make Raw Deal successful over the years.

However if you the players are comfortable with me taking the lead for the first few months to at least get this thing underway, then I will do so.

I'll run voting for a week, and if at that time there is a majority in favor of what I'm proposing, I'll proceed as "planned."

If someone can forward some or all of this to the Yahoo Group, that would be fantastic. I'm at work, and the site is blocked from here.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 05:36:59 PM by Antigoth »

Queensryche

Re: Raw Deal Player Committee
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 07:11:56 PM »
HELL YES! DO IT!

If I may suggest, I would recommend that there be two boards: an "Executive Board" and a "Players Board." The Executive Board would be the ones who make the final decisions and such. The Players Board would be given tasks by the Executive Board, do all the necessary work to finish the tasks given, and then, after finishing, make a recommendation to the Executive Board, with the Executive Board then voting on the recommendation. The Executive Board would consist of the Rules Manager, Director, etc.. The Players Board would be active players, with all regions that play Raw Deal represented by at least one person from that region. I think that having different perspectives on the Players Board would allow for more solid decision making.

Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:18:58 PM by Queensryche »

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-104
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:15:23 PM »
Voting for this measure will virtually guarantee that this game becomes "The People's Game."

I voted Hell Yes obviously

The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »
I voted hell yeah. I feel this must be done, to atleast see if people want to still play the game

To all that do may we have good luck

Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline Negleyjj

• TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 07:36:52 PM »
I voted Hells Yes! Git'er Done! I honestly think this has potential to put even more fun into Raw Deal... (though being less competitive is a disadvantage as well - a double edged sword I suppose).

I strongly support everything except virtual cards. I don't have a real problem with them as (a) alternative/fantasy format(s), but honestly it's not something that I want see in the main format

I would love to be involved in this, for what it's worth.
Jake Negley
Lazy player of Raw Deal Evolution
10/30/2007: #1 player in 2007 - Ship It!

Offline Doctor Barone

• Fake PhD. provded by Chad Dangler
  • +62/-42
  • Through being cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »
Git 'r Dun.
I'm definitely down for this, and would certainly love to be involved in it to keep things running in the general NY area. Everyone here is upset over whats happened and we'd love to have a reason to keep playing. I think virtual cards are a cool idea, so long as they are indeed playtested extensively for all formats.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:54:09 PM by Doctor Barrone »
Joe Barone
Lifetime Ranking: 122

Creed's idiocy and lack of reading skills aside, it's what Barone says.

Offline gamhhh

• +5/-6
  • I AM THE GAME!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »
As i had said before...OH HELL YEAH!!!...lol...lets do it

GAMHHH
I AM THE GAME! CAUSE I AM THAT DA*MN GOOD!

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 11:48:20 PM »
Put simply, I got two words for ya...

DO IT! I'm 100% behind whatever it takes to keep this game going for as long as we can.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Kick-Stunner!

• UK Commish
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
*sigh* Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in  ;D

So what you need from the land of Blighty. Hmm a place on the committe. Do we get to sit around a table and talk about the technological terror we have created?  ;)

Peter
UK Commish
"Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store"

"Hey there sexy mamma, wanna kill all humans?"

"You get lucky with me you'll last DAVESMASH DAVESMASH minutes. Real lucky you'll be unconscious for the last DAVESMASH"

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 02:48:43 AM »
*sigh* Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in  ;D

So what you need from the land of Blighty. Hmm a place on the committe. Do we get to sit around a table and talk about the technological terror we have created?  ;)

Peter
UK Commish

We do!

We waive our nukes around and scare them!

Oh... for anyone who cares... I'd like you to meet the interim director of European affairs.

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 04:28:40 AM »
As long as we can prolong the death of Raw Deal, or (positively) save Raw Deal, I'm fine with anything. HELL YEAH!
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline Destaro

• TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • 2007 Toronto Regional Revolution Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 06:34:57 AM »
Hey 'Goth, I'm in. If you need any assistance please let me and/or THe GOAT know. We'd both love to help.
Buffalo...where playing old cards noone expects is cool.

Current World Ranking: 12

Offline aochv1

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 06:36:01 AM »
As long as we can prolong the death of Raw Deal, or (positively) save Raw Deal, I'm fine with anything. HELL YEAH!

Agreed 100%!
Raw Deal(2000-2007) And Wrestling Are Two of My Most Important Things In My Life!
First EVER Serene Champion!
Gimmick In Serene:"The Maverick of Raw Deal"!
Link To My Tradelist:
http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,4932.msg59910/topicseen.html#new

Offline UFC_Is_Better

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 06:41:20 AM »
Just in case you want to see what another Players Committee has done, her is the Star Wars tcg Player Committee Charter for you guys to look at.

http://www.jediokc.com/IDC%20Charter/IDC%20Charter%20-%20Final%20Draft.pdf

"You can make a mistake and get caught in a submission, but Chuck made a mistake and he got caught in an ass whoopin"
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson after knocking out Chuck Liddell

Offline gkoa

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • SoCal Yahoo Group - Where Raw Deal action meets the surf & sand!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »
Just in case you want to see what another Players Committee has done, her is the Star Wars tcg Player Committee Charter for you guys to look at.

Just as a note, the players of Highlander : CCG did this lone before the Star Wars TCG folks did...Missing Link Expansion (or MLE).

I was one fo the two guys who started that world wide effort there and am more than willing to help out here.  I kno where a lot of mindfields are and what can and won't work...as well as what works best for the players as a whole.

I did all fo the following : ran design, early playtesting, image hunt & find, text review, distribution, promo card plans, redemption programs, pirze distribution, Con support, etc.

I also organized our first World's event, sealed deck events (using printed version of VR cards), and more.

As time went along, we transfered more to new players as they came in and the system is still running.  Today, I still manager the promo program.

Feel free to contact me and I will provide what I can.

Adam
"Power corrupts...and Absolute Power is really pretty cool."

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 08:00:07 AM »
I'm behind this, and for what it's worth, I'm willing to put in some volunteer time to help. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »
sounds like the game can improve rather than die.  I'm all in.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline HalfBadger

• Team Canada's Genetic Jackhammer
  • +13/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 08:41:40 AM »
I'm in, I don't want to see Raw Deal go quitely into that dark night.

I like the virtual cards idea, since we can add wrestlers who for various reasons haven't gotten into the game.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun-Tzu

2007 Winnipeg Regional Champion

Offline Tenshigure

• +0/-0
  • TCO 1.0 Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 09:06:35 AM »
Not only that folks, but we could also introduce wrestlers that we've been wanting in for years: Indy, Japan, TNA, you name it, we can expand this whole genre. ECW's Extremists gave us an idea as to how to implement this properly, so the sky's the limit now. Plus, since it's not PC-ran, it's unofficially official after proper playtesting if we do so.
Tenshigure: The AmeriCanadian
"Jesus Saves, Everyone Else Takes 5d20 Damage." Cheese Ninja

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »
oohhhh.... the idea of the border toss as a Trademark!!!!! ;D

All the more reason to count me in!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 09:34:08 AM »
Not only that folks, but we could also introduce wrestlers that we've been wanting in for years: Indy, Japan, TNA, you name it, we can expand this whole genre. ECW's Extremists gave us an idea as to how to implement this properly, so the sky's the limit now. Plus, since it's not PC-ran, it's unofficially official after proper playtesting if we do so.

Absolutely. Just imagine the possibilities: Road Warriors vs. Samoa Joe. Bryan Danielson vs. MVP. Bruno Sammartino vs. Antonio Inoki. Once we're in control, we can make whatever we want.

One theoretical question for making new cards is whether or not we want to keep/trash/do some of both with the Revolution streamlining of card text. Honestly, I wouldn't mind adding things like "Requirement:" to the Classic cards, but I'm fairly sure I'll be in the minority on that.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 09:47:15 AM »
One theoretical question for making new cards is whether or not we want to keep/trash/do some of both with the Revolution streamlining of card text. Honestly, I wouldn't mind adding things like "Requirement:" to the Classic cards, but I'm fairly sure I'll be in the minority on that.

There were some good things about Revo to be fair... I liked the idea of all SS-moves being thrown into the Trademark category (of course the Eugene factor is always there)... but I think you make a legion of decks more playable if you went in that direction... but there's issues with that too like reversals (but the idea in a good wrestling match both wrestlers hit their spots so they should be hard to stop)

the thing is if you add "Requirement" instead of "Can only be played after" you're now errataing Shane-O-Mac too

but hey if you're gonna fix the thing... fix the thing right??
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Gen. Cornrow Wallace

• +0/-0
  • Comic Depot All-Time Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »

There were some good things about Revo to be fair... I liked the idea of all SS-moves being thrown into the Trademark category (of course the Eugene factor is always there)... but I think you make a legion of decks more playable if you went in that direction... but there's issues with that too like reversals (but the idea in a good wrestling match both wrestlers hit their spots so they should be hard to stop)

the thing is if you add "Requirement" instead of "Can only be played after" you're now errataing Shane-O-Mac too

But then if u switch can only be played with requirment you also have a problem with mr ppv. and if u errata him to be able to ignore requirments he gets even more rediculas.
PPPPRRRRRRRRRR

Kittens FTW.

19 time comic depot Champ.

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »

But then if u switch can only be played with requirment you also have a problem with mr ppv. and if u errata him to be able to ignore requirments he gets even more rediculas.

Not entirely. Going off memory here (and I'm no rules guru, so if Creed/Griffey/WK want to correct me on anything in the rest of this paragraph, please do), it's only his Superstar Specifics that he can discard to ignore. If that's the case, errata that enables him to discard to ignore Requirements on Superstar Specifics does, precisely, nothing until such time as he has a Superstar Specific with a Requirement. Shane, actually, would come under Follow-up rules rather than Requirements, at this point, and that could be dealt with by adding a line like "Your High Risk Follow-up:Maneuver cards are instead Follow-up:Card."

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-104
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 10:11:24 AM »

Absolutely. Just imagine the possibilities: Road Warriors vs. Samoa Joe. Bryan Danielson vs. MVP. Bruno Sammartino vs. Antonio Inoki. Once we're in control, we can make whatever we want.

Honestly I say we stay away from adding requirement: to classic cards. We shouldn't mess with stuff that doesn't need to be tampered with. Honestly Classic cards don't need to be tampered with at all. It wouldn't make any sense
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!