Author Topic: LKY's Superstar Card + some stuff  (Read 5138 times)

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
LKY's Superstar Card + some stuff
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:49:29 AM »
LKY
SHS: 6
SSV: 2
SSA: Whenever your opponent plays a non common or uncommon card, you may force him to overturn one card or discard one card

Rapid Elbow
Strike/ Reversal: Special
When 1 copy of this card is in your ringside pile before your draw segment, you may place it at the bottom of your arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any maneuver and end your opponent’s turn
Active
F: 0   D: 5
SV: 1

LKY’s Standing Side Headlock
Submission
Cannot be reversed from your opponent’s hand if played after a 5D or greater maneuver.
Search your arsenal for any card and put in into your hand, shuffle your arsenal.
If reversed, you may discard 2 cards to ignore the reversing effect of that reversal unless it is a unique reversal, run-in reversal or a reversal that has the word interferes in its title.
Unique
(Restriction Modification Symbol)
F: 10   D: 10
SV: 2

Patented Step Aside
Reversal: Special
Can only be played if your arsenal has at least 30 cards
If played from your hand, reverse any Strike (including the card titled Poke) or any maneuver played after the cards titled From The Top Rope, Irish Whip or Throw Into The Corner Turnbuckle.
The first card played on your turn cannot be reversed.
Unique
F: 0   D: 0

Dog Pant
Action
When this card is in your ring area, during your turn, after a successfully played maneuver, you may discard up to # cards, where X is the damage the maneuver did to your opponent. Shuffle 2 times that number of cards from your ringside pile into your arsenal. If you choose to use the effect of this card, end your turn.
Unique
ACE Logo
F: 15   D: 0

Reverse Stunner
Trademark Finisher
If reversed from anywhere except your opponent’s arsenal, discard 4 cards
Unique
F: 20   D: 20
SV: 4

why steal other specifics when i have my own ^^.

DEATH TO OUTFOIL AND TK!!
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

8WonderOFtheWorld

Re: LKY's Superstar Card + some stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:25:15 AM »
ur finisher damn power. -_-" its like swanton bomb.

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:32:25 AM »
Your ability forces a discard/ overturn when opponent plays a rare or uncommon right?

Too unbalanced.
Alo, make an ability that suits you.

Your ability would be better if

SHS:8
SSV:0 (You are not a tournament winner)
"Whenever you play a common or uncommon card, draw 1 card. If it is not a common or uncommon card, discard 1 card. You may pack up to 4 cards of another 1 superstar"

In case you make the face card, leave the other cards out. Only selfmade face cards for the game
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 08:34:20 AM by frehocc »
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline boyfromsinga

• +0/-0
  • I am the ACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
Guys seriously I know the making of own superstar is a good and fun concept but wouldn't it be better if you make something that is regarding your playing style, the type of cards your tourney deck focused on and your own characteristics instead of just some pure random stuffs?
DTA:
Don't Talk Anymore! <- Yes Rumi and Timothy I'm referring this to you.

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:12:13 PM »
His ability fits him

Because he doesn't like rares or TK cards.
So he play uncommon/ common= advantage
Play cards he dislike, disadvantage.
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 04:57:27 AM »
how about i increase my SHS to 8 or 9 and change my ability to affect my arsenal construction.

The idea was to make me and a FULL common/uncommon deck but yet still be competitive.

So lets try:

LKY
SHS: 12
SSA: Whenever your opponent successfully plays a non common or uncommon card, you may force him to overturn 2 cards or discard 2 cards. You may not pack non common or uncommon cards

with such a restrictive ability i think its fair

lastly i would like to add my own superstar cards since they've been idling in my comp for a couple of years or so and i would like them to see play.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:37:46 AM by LordFa9 »
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline dakkon

• 2006 #1 Ranked Player in the World
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 07:05:05 AM »
The problem is the forcing opponent to discard 2 whenever you sucessfully play a common/uncommon card, i think it's too brutal, especially with such a big handsize

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 07:11:07 AM »
The problem is the forcing opponent to discard 2 whenever you sucessfully play a common/uncommon card, i think it's too brutal, especially with such a big handsize

well discarding 1 card is to little and discarding 2 is too much, so i'm kinda at a loss at what to do.

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
how about i increase my SHS to 8 or 9 and change my ability to affect my arsenal construction.

The idea was to make me and a FULL common/uncommon deck but yet still be competitive.

So lets try:

LKY
SSA: Whenever your opponent successfully plays a non common or uncommon card, you may force him to overturn 2 cards or discard 2 cards. You may not pack non common or uncommon cards

with such a restrictive ability i think its fair

lastly i would like to add my own superstar cards since they've been idling in my comp for a couple of years or so and i would like them to see play.

Discarding 1 card is already too powerful in your original ability. Don't mess with your opponents play. Do an ability that only messes with yourself.

Your cards: Too messy. You are making the environment muddy and soon everyone will want their own ss cards.

LKY, your SSV is 0. Really.

LKY
SHS: 8 (Average SHS with the ability)
SSV: 0 (This represents you, because I never see you win tournaments. I don't even see you PLAY often)
SSA: Whenever you play a common or uncommon card, draw 1 card. If it is not a common or uncommon card, discard 1 card. You may pack up to 4 cards of another 1 superstar.

This ability encourages you to draw when you play the card you like, common and uncommon cards. It is balanced. The ssa/ssv/ ability you made is broken/ busted/ inappropriate

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 06:48:53 PM »
I can let the SS cards and SSV thing go but i'm not keen to budge on my ability affecting my opponent nor my arsenal restriction

Once again I must stress that the idea was to make me and a FULL common/uncommon deck but yet still be competitive.

Lets analyse it in this way

My ability is generally built around my arsenal restriction. 12 hand is not to much to ask seeing as the quality of cards in it would be bad most of the time.

Another thing we should all agree that playing a C/UC deck as most of them are very easy to reverse, lacking in power and effects and VERY SERIOUSLY compromise my defence.

Therefore its not practical to reward me for playing a C/UC giving me a 3 draw wont save me from a ass kicking. Think D-von and Goldust being kept at F:0 and having everything reversed before being pummeled.

Thats y i'm definately in favour of penaliazing my opponent rather than benifiting myself.

for nerfing sake i can only say on these.

• Opponent discards 1 and overturns 2 whenever he plays a non C/UC
  • Opponent discards 1 and overturns 2 whenever he reverses any of your C/UCs

simply think about daily play, remove every rare and you'll see what probs i'm up aganist. good god man i cant even put sustained!!!

Offline boyfromsinga

• +0/-0
  • I am the ACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 09:11:29 PM »
So basically you're saying you're an Indian Strap Match + Inferno Match even before your opponent successfully play any rare/unique/promo, and you're also an Indian Strap Match + Inferno Match when your opponent reverse any Common/Uncommon card? You noticed you're gonna break up every combo deck you face? Shouldn't any sane players say WOW?
DTA:
Don't Talk Anymore! <- Yes Rumi and Timothy I'm referring this to you.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 05:31:16 AM »
latest version after balancing

LKY
SSA: Whenever your opponent successfully plays a non common or uncommon card and it is the 1st non common or uncommon card played that turn, you may force him to overturn 3 cards or discard 2 cards. You may not pack non common or uncommon cards

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 05:55:25 AM »
Lets just say you are the one that dislikes rares/ tk/ promos. Not us. Why are you penalizing us for playng with rares/ tk/ promos. Penalize yourself.

By the way, you want to be competitive?
no rares or Tk or promos does not sound competitive to me.

And your superstar ability should be like you, non-competitive.

You want to be competitive? Try being one in real life.

BTW, your SSV is still 0.

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 06:40:32 AM »
that won't do, Jericho hits you 1 card a turn and he has to discard 1 card (unless happier is in his ring)

Since all decks contain C/UC cards, what happens? we cow on ice you and still have to discard 2 or overturn 3? No...just no...
Toyota: moving forward...and forward...and OH MY GOD STOP! STOP THIS INSTANT!

Offline Whitescorpion

• I don't read emails and spam Antigoth repeatedly.
  • +1/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 09:56:20 AM »
Lets just say you are the one that dislikes rares/ tk/ promos. Not us. Why are you penalizing us for playng with rares/ tk/ promos. Penalize yourself.

By the way, you want to be competitive?

And your superstar ability should be like you, non-competitive.

You want to be competitive? Try being one in real life.

BTW, your SSV is still 0.

OMG, you really blasted him there eh:)

yeah, I know that with us, we really went with abilities that matched us. For example, I am known for playing the [psychologies (esp, in draft) and weird random moves that 'combo' with other stuff. I am also known for calling a bluff and playing manauevers straight up.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 05:07:24 AM »
that won't do, Jericho hits you 1 card a turn and he has to discard 1 card (unless happier is in his ring)

Since all decks contain C/UC cards, what happens? we cow on ice you and still have to discard 2 or overturn 3? No...just no...

my ability only affects NON C/UC cards. and the 1st one only

Thats what the damm ability is for...to make up for it how ya think APA made it in the mania/summerslam enviroment?

Seriously, drawing isnt gonna work, no amount of benefits no matter what the fxxk they are will, once you understand that you will see the necessity of my ability

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »
You force a discard on

MI
Revolution of the mind
DTTAH
Superstar specifics
Sustained Damage
Once is Enough
Sloppy
starter foils
all revolution non cores
... etc etc...

Your turn I play a reversal (Once is Eough) discard 2, my turn I play a revolution rare discard 2, I just got spit at opponent for nothing on your part

APA has 12SHS, but an ability of maneuvers from hand are +1D and cannot pack action cards.
Deck construction wise you get Bash, Shoot cards etc etc. There are a lot of good common uncommon cards.

Again I say, YOU hate non common/uncommon cards. YOU like common/uncommon cards. YOU. not US. Do an ability that deals with YOU, and YOU only.

Take a vote if you want. Nobody is going to want that running around us

Offline Destaro

• TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • 2007 Toronto Regional Revolution Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »
I know I don't play in Singapore (being in New York and all) but maybe a more impartial point of view could help. Frankie, maybe a balance between the two would solve the issue. Perhaps, he can only pack commons and uncommons, but instead of punishing you for playing C.UC, he gets a little boost. For example:

LKY
SHS: 8
SSV: 0
SSA: You may not pack non common or uncommon cards. Whenever your opponent successfully plays a card that is either common or uncommon, you may draw 1 card or put 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal. When your opponent plays a card that is neither common or uncommon, he must overturn 1 card or discard.

This way, he likes it when you play C/UC and burns you a little when you play "real" cards.
Buffalo...where playing old cards noone expects is cool.

Current World Ranking: 12

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »
LKY
SHS: 8
SSA: You may not pack non common or non uncommon cards. Whenever your opponent successfully plays a card that is either common or uncommon, you may draw 1 card or put 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal. When your opponent plays a card that is neither common or uncommon, he must overturn 1 card or discard 1 card.

This sounds more reasonable. Maybe to tone it up a bit can: overturn 3 cards or discard 1 card (Kinda Road Dogg precedence)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:38:35 PM by frehocc »

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
kick the SHS up to 10 and change the bottom part of the SSA to discard 1 and overturn one and its done.

I was actually thinking of a HOTN type restriction but the above would suit me fine

Offline frehocc

• +221/-179
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 09:45:34 PM »
LKY
SHS: 10
SSA: You may not pack non common or non uncommon cards. Whenever your opponent successfully plays a card that is either common or uncommon, you may draw 1 card or put 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal. When your opponent plays a card that is neither common or uncommon, he must overturn 2 card or discard 1 card.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 04:18:15 AM »
LKY
SHS: 10
SSA: You may not pack non common or non uncommon cards. Whenever your opponent successfully plays a card that is either common or uncommon, you may draw 1 card or put 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal. When your opponent plays a card that is neither common or uncommon, he must overturn 2 card or discard 1 card.

more or less there, needs a round or 2 of playtesting before we rebalance it again