Author Topic: help me settle a arguement....  (Read 1679 times)

Offline sickness_within

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
help me settle a arguement....
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »
okay i am facing my friend and he is playing a BFM/HIAC deck *note good deck* and he returned a hellfire boot from his ringside pile to his hand without removing 6 cards from his ringside pile because HIAC is in play.

question...

does he still have to remove 6 cards from his ringside pile in order to return it to his hand or can he just put into his hand because HIAC is in play?

he says no

i say yes

here is the card text straight off of CI.com:
164/198 (PREMIUM RARE – Kane)
Another Big Freak’n Hellfire Boot
Strike
You may pack up to 6 copies of this card.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may remove 6 cards in your Ringside pile from the game and then put this card into your hand.
F: 0      D: 6

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
Re: help me settle a arguement....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »
Yes he will still have to remove 6 to pick it up because Another Big Freak’n Hellfire Boot isn't affected by Hell in a Cell, so Hell in a Cell isn't preventing the cards from Another Big Freak’n Hellfire Boot being removed from the game. And even if Hell in a Cell prevented the cards from being removed from the game he couldn't just pick it back up because he didn't remove 6 for the cards text to trigger.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:06:11 PM by JDub »

Offline Walter Kovacs

• Hooked on Apophenia
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Rorschach Ink Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:06:14 PM »
Since it's a Kane card, and thus uneffected by Cell, he can remove the 6 cards, and must do so in order to bounce the card.
Stare into the Ink Blog and tell me what you see.

Supergirl: "What? Do you go through my trash?"

The Question: "Please ... I go through everyone's trash."

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 06:16:41 AM »
However, its worth noting that cards with a 'do X and then do Y' effect will NOT allow you do 'do Y' if you did not 'do X'.  Can Undertaker, with no cards in his hand, just choose to use his ability?  Of course not, he has to discard 2 cards.  No cards - no ability.  The same would be true of Boot, but due to the Kane logo, Hell in a Cell Match does not apply as previously noted.

So basically, with that type of card, one of two things would happen:

You cannot do X, therefore you cannot do Y
You do X, so you can do Y.

Hope that clears it up.

CREED
Lock
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard