Author Topic: I cant be reading this right....  (Read 964 times)

Offline Borat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
I cant be reading this right....
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:42:31 PM »
Could i use this effect in hell in a cell the same way i could a blindside maneuver.

Hell in a Cell Match
MRP: This card now reads: “Run-in cards cannot be played and no card or card effect can move any number of cards from any Ringside pile.
Cards with the Chris Jericho, Kane, Mankind, Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Cactus Jack, Deadman Inc, or Shawn Michaels logos are not affected by this card.”  Also, there is no longer a restriction on what Superstars can pack Cell.
-This card is not to be confused with the Hell in a Cell tournament format, now renamed Steel Cage, though some Managers may refer to it by the old title.
-Cell stops any card effect from moving cards from the Ringside Pile.  This does not affect Superstar Abilities.
-This does not prevent cards played from Ringside Pile, such as cards with the Heat trait, Change In Programming Lineup, or Blindside Choke.-The effect of Cell takes place immediately.  Pre-match cards that bring cards from a Ringside Pile to hand will not work.
-This card may only be removed by the card titled Duchess of Queensbury Rules.
-If this stipulation is blanked for a time and later becomes unblanked, it will still stop recursion abilities from cards that were played while the Cell was blanked.

Offline Dark Knight Bob

• I Win!
  • +41/-33
  • Ludicolo ftw
    • View Profile
Re: I cant be reading this right....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:45:58 PM »
Are you playing the I Can't Be Reading This Right?

No, you're generating an effect that moves it from Ringside.

In short, no.
Alex Jerry, pretty much awesome incarnate.

Top 16 at GenCon '07 Revolution.
Top 32 at GenCon '07 All Axxess

Officially retired from competitive CCGs :(

Offline Borat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »
But how is this any different from a blindside maneuver. B/c it's generating an effect that moves it from Ringside just like a Blindside choke. The effect of Cell takes place immediately. so why wouldnt it just go stright to my hand.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 11:54:09 PM »
No. Blindside Choke says "Play from your ringside pile"

No effect, Play.

ICBRTR is not playing the card, it is moving it from one location to another via card effect.

If you could play the ICBRTR from your ringside pile to your ring area, it would be different. But you can't.

Offline Walter Kovacs

• Hooked on Apophenia
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Rorschach Ink Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:01:49 AM »
You may have a pre-SS3 version of the Blindside maneuvers.

In SS3 they were reprinted and thus have new text. They are played from the ringside pile instead of boucing to hand. They no longer work anything like ICBRTR.

#058/643 Blindside Choke (V2)
Submission
You may play this card from your Ringside pile.
When played from your Ringside pile, remove all Maneuver cards in your Ringside pile from the game.
F: 6      D: 8

The last line of text would be ignored by Hell in the Cell, making Blindside Maneuvers in Hell in the Cell very useful.
Stare into the Ink Blog and tell me what you see.

Supergirl: "What? Do you go through my trash?"

The Question: "Please ... I go through everyone's trash."