Author Topic: Revolution format  (Read 3021 times)

Offline wardenised

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Revolution format
« on: August 04, 2007, 03:39:58 AM »
hi people, i would like to know if the revolution format is being heavily played here,in Singapore?
My friend and i have decided to pick up raw deal back after quitting it 3 yrs ago, since the revolution format is rather 'new', we think now is the best time for us to play raw deal back...

Offline kevinquakb

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution format
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 04:30:15 AM »
Nope,tournies in Singapore are all access and there are no revo tournies at the moment.However, this may change in the future.

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 05:04:49 AM »
Maybe you would like to introduce yourself first, so we can get to know you better.

And also, you can come down to Serene centre every Saturday for tournament. All of us will be there.
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline wardenised

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 05:20:58 AM »
im zul, well i guess ill pay u guys a visit once my exams are over  ::)
anyway are there any good raw deal shops in the east? lol

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 05:28:20 AM »
well as said i can hold a Revolution Format if there are enuff players.
im pretty open to any options.

go to the tournements in singapore thread and check out how to get to my weekly tournaments and u can probably get some cards there and exchange ideas and deck gameplays

in terms of the east side i am not too sure. most of the shops in tampines that used to hold tourneys are no longer there. and the comics mart branch there which i used to work also no more.

u could check with Dakkon(Zhenxiong) he is the manager for the north east side. hougang area.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 05:30:08 AM by flat_tire »
I am the Standard.

U beat me, your play skills are above the standard.
I beat u, your play skills are BELOW the Standard!

Offline MuhdRumi

• 2007 Singapore Champion, 2007 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • Forever United
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 06:40:54 AM »
i believe that singaporeans espcially those in serene centre do not like revolution as it makes the game a little tooo easy as there are not many routes you can go compared to all axxes which you can be extreamly creative that why revolution format i not hold in singapore

Currently on holiday towards disneyland !,
On my way to Orlando Florida !

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 06:44:36 AM »
revolution = no skills involved

all axcess = only the strong survive
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline dakkon

• 2006 #1 Ranked Player in the World
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 09:08:34 AM »
Actually, with Revo 2 and the upcoming Revo 3, I think Revolution format is shaping up to be more than just brainless aggression and it is actually worth a try.

Offline Anthony Lurty

• +29/-14
  • Best Damn Tournament Organizer In My Own Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
Actually, with Revo 2 and the upcoming Revo 3, I think Revolution format is shaping up to be more than just brainless aggression and it is actually worth a try.

I completly agree. With the new set coming out by the end of the month, things are starting to become more complex and creative. It was very tiresome and boring with rev 1. But with the release of rev 2, things got a lot different but still mainly " brainless aggression". All kinds of new combos and "themes" so to speak will start popping up, especially with the corner and faction cards.
MOAR Cowbell

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 08:42:22 AM »
who knows.. as i said if there is enuff players interested in it. i could hold a Revolution 3 release tourney.

using mainly revolution cards and starters like draft. see if people are interested.
I am the Standard.

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 01:52:38 AM »
Sounds interesting. How much do you think it will cost?
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 01:58:07 AM »
hv to check with the shop first. get a good promotional price. then probably hold it the week after the revo 3 is released
I am the Standard.

Offline aochv1

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 10:06:57 PM »

I completly agree. With the new set coming out by the end of the month, things are starting to become more complex and creative. It was very tiresome and boring with rev 1. But with the release of rev 2, things got a lot different but still mainly " brainless aggression". All kinds of new combos and "themes" so to speak will start popping up, especially with the corner and faction cards.

I am also a fan of revolution format as i played in a few revo matches(not in tourneys),while waiting for tourney to start if people have a revolution deck with them and found it to be fun!
I feel that revo 3 would shake the game to be more complex but interesting but the players in singapore don't seem to be receptive to revo : :(?
Raw Deal(2000-2007) And Wrestling Are Two of My Most Important Things In My Life!
First EVER Serene Champion!
Gimmick In Serene:"The Maverick of Raw Deal"!
Link To My Tradelist:
http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,4932.msg59910/topicseen.html#new

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 12:19:28 AM »
well the first revo format would be played this sat in the revo 3 sealed deck release tourney. so come and try out the new format.

at the same time get people to come and i would ask around if people are willing to start playing this format. if it there are enuff people i can simultaniously hold both all axxess and revo format every week.

as said anything can happen if there are enuff people to support it.
I am the Standard.

Offline MuhdRumi

• 2007 Singapore Champion, 2007 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • Forever United
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 07:13:42 AM »
well the first revo format would be played this sat in the revo 3 sealed deck release tourney. so come and try out the new format.

at the same time get people to come and i would ask around if people are willing to start playing this format. if it there are enuff people i can simultaniously hold both all axxess and revo format every week.

as said anything can happen if there are enuff people to support it.

now since i heard there are many new players i belive it's a matter of time beforre revo format becomes popular
Currently on holiday towards disneyland !,
On my way to Orlando Florida !

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
No Revo tourney tomorrow?  ???
I am way below the Standard.

You beat me, you have accomplished nothing special.
I beat you, you're totally pathetic. Umaga ought to give you 2 Samoan Spikes up your ass.