Author Topic: Singapore Qualifier 2008 (probably)  (Read 3657 times)

Offline MuhdRumi

• 2007 Singapore Champion, 2007 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • Forever United
    • View Profile
Singapore Qualifier 2008 (probably)
« on: July 30, 2007, 04:55:29 AM »
I was just wondering about the qualifier that is soon to come in the  coming months , i believe that our current commisioner Mr Aaron chong would hold it . i was just wondering about when will it be held? As i would like to  make preparations so as to guarantee my holiday in disneyland.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:57:32 AM by MuhdRumi »
Currently on holiday towards disneyland !,
On my way to Orlando Florida !

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Singapore Qualifier 2008 (probably)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 05:02:47 AM »
yeah...I'm heading to Japan at the end of the year so can plan lor...
Toyota: moving forward...and forward...and OH MY GOD STOP! STOP THIS INSTANT!

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
  • Did Carlito just eat and spit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 05:17:03 AM »
Edmund, I think you got the wrong idea. I think what Rumi meant was that he want to win this year's qualifier, so he can go to Florida's Disneyland, not Japan.
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline MuhdRumi

• 2007 Singapore Champion, 2007 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
  • Forever United
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 05:53:59 AM »
Edmund, I think you got the wrong idea. I think what Rumi meant was that he want to win this year's qualifier, so he can go to Florida's Disneyland, not Japan.

wow xiu bin you really reads btween the lines or is it to direct?
Currently on holiday towards disneyland !,
On my way to Orlando Florida !

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:04:21 AM »
Erm.. I have no comments. Seems like you are very confident that you will win this coming SGQ again.
RKO hit-list:
Edmund Heng; Rinson Yak; Frankie Ho; Liu Zuo Ren; Cheong Zhen Xiong; Muhd Sahil; Kenneth Goh; Alvin Lee; Heinz ; Andrew Oh; Lau Khee Yuan; Aaron Chua; Ruben Sabejon; Ang You Ren; Timothy Tang

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:04:36 AM »
well it depends on the Raw Deal Situation in singapore and the participants of the players.

currently my assessment of SGQ is that there aint much people around playing unless i can see numbers.

so it wouldnt happen so soon. maybe 2 sets later when the new TKS from 2sets later would be released or something..

now is accessing if Revo 3 would have players returning to play the game or not also.
and lastly is the venue. initially would be held in comics mart but then we do not have a games room anymore.

to make long things short.. would have to wait and see.
in the mean time if people want to do something about it. get people to come down and play or get people to be aware of the weekly tourneys.
I am the Standard.

U beat me, your play skills are above the standard.
I beat u, your play skills are BELOW the Standard!

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 04:05:08 AM »
I thought I have been saying that people will come down for SGQ? No matter what is the turn out for the weekly tournaments, it cannot be a good, or rather fair, judge to determine if the turn out for SGQ will be good or bad. People, even for those whom had quit, will be willing to come down to SGQ, because it is the SGQ. People will be less willing to come down to the weekly tournament, because it is just a weekly tournament. It doesn't qualify people to go to the World Championship.

Therefore, I feel that you can't base on the turn out for your weekly tournament and determine if should there be any SGQ. I don't see the need to hesitate or wait for a few more sets to see if the situation in Singapore improves or not.
RKO hit-list:

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 06:01:59 AM »
actually no, I wanna go to Japan so I was wondering when the SGQ is so I make sure my trip don't clash dates

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »
Woah! Seems like Edmund is eying for the gold too!
RKO hit-list:

Offline TimothyTang

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 05:35:24 PM »
ya me too, i might be going vancouver =x

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 10:54:50 PM »
when are ya'll going overseas then?
I am the Standard.

Offline TimothyTang

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 01:44:04 AM »
december 31 i guess
probally

Offline edheng

• +13/-12
  • yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 05:08:19 AM »
nt sure, I still planning

Offline adrianismo

• +0/-0
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »
Organising a tournament is not the same as playing in it. It's not very logical to hold a tournament with costs involved just because of love for Raw Deal.

Player's point of view:
Tournaments are a yes. And I can choose to go, or I can choose to not go. Even if I say I'm going, if I have something more important or I oversleep, I'll miss it but won't lose money anyhow.
Bigger tournament = bigger prize.
Tournament fee should be affordable and some freebies should be thrown in.

Organiser's point of view:
Tournaments must earn money. If I break even or lose money, I will not even consider it, as it is wasting my time and effort.
Bigger tournament = bigger location needed = bigger prizes needed = lots of costs that you have to pay upfront. That is why some tournaments practise early registration with discount, because they have money in hand and can guarantee some participants.
Tournaments have a few "cut-offs" as well, after fronting the costs above, one has to take note on the minimum number of participants needed to break even. Let's say 24 people to break even. If he can't hit 24 people, means he already lost money.

These are the risks that Aaron has to weigh. So being tourney organiser is not easy, you need a crystal ball to predict attendance before you organise.
Still have:
Stacy Keibler Deck
Eddie Guerrero Deck
Eugene Deck
Stephanie McMahon (half a) Deck

Offline neuromancer

• +44/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 01:32:00 AM »
Anyway, are there any details confirmed for our qualifier?

e.g. date, entry, prize?

We need to have some details to so that the players can start our planning and discussion. We don't want it to be the case that the details all come out so last minute and we will be at a loss, like the past years.
RKO hit-list:

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »
This is an important announcement. if after Revo 3 releases and there are more players gathered for the weekly tourneys i would be able to estimate a turnout for Singapore Qualifier.

I know there was a poll to ask who would be interested in going for the qualifier and it turned out pretty crappy in terms of numbers.
so for the singaporean players if u are CONFIRMED playing in the qualifiers please let Xiubin(neuromancer) know and sign the "I wanna join SGQ2008 petition". This "petition" would be ongoing till end of Oct. and then it would be decided if an SGQ is viable.

In terms of place, most likely it wouldnt be Suntec next year due to the low turnout this year and it isnt practical on rent.

In terms of date, by the end of oct when the results are given to me, i estimate the qualifiers could be held in either Dec or Jan if there are no delays or problems. Which means the tourney would be held after the next expansion release. New expansion - new meta.

for other players outside Singapore, your participation is definately welcomed and ya can PM me n let me know the numbers as well thanx.

Happy Rallying!
I am the Standard.

Offline Chefemilio

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:16:37 PM »
Aaron,

On behalf of Malaysian Raw Dealers rough estimate from here would be 7 to 8  maybe more once a time and date is confirmed.

Also as per Barron no more new set till feb 2008 liao. So how?

Offline flat_tire

• Singapore Commissioner
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »
ahh ok then stick to the All axxess with revo 3 meta then.

good luck people.
I am the Standard.

Offline muhd sahil

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »
I think that there is more players coming back to play again.Some of my friends told me that after the o levels,they need to consider first as they do not have any revo 3 cards.They will be in the disadvantage.