Author Topic: Criticism on my sexy beast deck  (Read 233 times)

Offline Vegeta619

• View Profile
Criticism on my sexy beast deck
« on: August 23, 2021, 04:54:57 PM »
Backstage
1x The Sexy Beast
1x I Am a HUGE Rock Star!
3x World Tour '05
1x Raw Deal Tenth Anniversary
1x WWE Raw Deal Fifth Anniversary
1x Backstage Autograph Session
1x WWE Signing Appearance
1x Backstage Signature

Arsenal
1x Walls of Jericho
1x Lionsault
1x Don't You Never ... EVER!
1x The Breakdown
1x I'm the King of the World
1x My Obscenely Expensive Jeri-tron 5000
1x Roll the Footage, Monkeys!
1x Jericho's Ensugiri
1x Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Roll-a
1x Springboard Drop Kick
1x Jerichoholics
1x Jericho's Running Bulldog
1x The Codebreaker
1x I'm Here To Save Us.. From You!
1x The 8-Time WWE Intercontinental Champion!
1x The Best In The World
1x Jericho's Triple Power Bomb
1x Moonsault
3x Fireman's Carry
3x Chicken Wing
3x Back Breaker
3x Rib Breaker
3x Once is Enough
1x Olé!
3x Sloppy ... Very Sloppy
3x Get the 'F' Out!
1x The Raw Deal Revolution
1x Don't be a Douchebag!
1x Armageddon
1x Carlito Says 'That's Not Cool!'
1x Divine Intervention
1x Here Comes the Cavalry!
1x You Missed Your Chance
2x Sidewalk Slam
1x Two-Time! Two-Time!
1x Leg Drag
1x Nerve Hold
3x Volley This!
3x A Revolution of the Mind
2x Don't Try This at Home
1x Blindside Takedown

Backlash Deck
1x Y2J No More!
1x You Sanctimonious Son of a B!tch
1x And the Crowd goes Wild!
1x Old School Wrestling Match
1x Product Endorsements
1x Playing By the Rules
1x I'm Always On the Winning Side - MY Side!
1x Intercontinental Title Belt
1x Ruthless Aggression
1x Superior Acrobatics
1x Jericho's Cocky Pin
1x Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp
1x The Road to Victory
1x You're as Graceful as a Cow on Ice
1x This Is Going to be an Old School Brawl!
1x Restricted Use in This Area
1x Sustained Damage
2x For the Love of The Game
1x The King Interferes!
1x Undermine the Competition
1x Panic Assault
1x I Have A Major Announcement
1x Old School Psychology

this deck is 61 cards(please tell me what to cut. lol)im having some problems.
The first problem im having is deciding what manuevers to play from major. Second, im having a problem with my guarantee strategy to get on board for fortitude. I keep going back and forth on if i should focus on panic manuevers or for the love of the game.

my pre match is pretty basic simple face lineup. Also, i decided to run old school wrestling match because i figured it might trigger for my opponent and never for me since i can search.

i decided to pack major announcement regularly so i can abuse the and the crowd goes wild when im lower. but my main idea with this deck is that i figure can maybe try to out last my opponent since i can recover from multiple areas. and also, i jsut wanted to play chris jericho. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Offline Hogtrail

• View Profile
Re: Criticism on my sexy beast deck
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 08:30:34 PM »
You can probably cut Moonsault

Offline Vegeta619

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
Okay cool. How about everything else? Any other suggestions?

Offline BigPimpin

• Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:25:19 AM »
You have both Ole and Blindside Takedown in the deck, one of the two has to be cut as one is Cheater and the other is Fan Favorite.

Before further comment on the deck - are any of those cards Throwback or are they the original versions?  That makes a difference when evaluating Announcement decks.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Vegeta619

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
The chicken wing is the throwback version. So is the breaker.

Offline Vegeta619

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 08:43:00 AM »
You have both Ole and Blindside Takedown in the deck, one of the two has to be cut as one is Cheater and the other is Fan Favorite.

Before further comment on the deck - are any of those cards Throwback or are they the original versions?  That makes a difference when evaluating Announcement decks.

Thank you. I'll cut one

Offline BigPimpin

• Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 04:48:36 AM »
As of the 2021 Revisions, Sexy Beast is now required to pack Major Announcement in the Backstage, not the Backlash deck.  So Major Announcement needs to move to the Backstage, opening up 1 more Pre-Match slot.  Some of your options for that last Pre-Match slot include Premier WWF Superstar TB (which I'd recommend if you choose to go with more For The Love's, since it allows you to play them all in the Pre) or Interviewed by Mean Gene (which gives you get-started help from Turn The Tide and Turn Up the Heat, as well as unstoppable uniques for World Tour '05).   

For the question about Panics vs For the Love's, until you've played a little more with Sexy Beast to see which one you'd like I'd say "Why not both?"  They each have their distinct advantages (Panics require two reversals and put a Strike in your Ring, For the Love is harder to reverse but if they flip on the damage you're stuck at 2F).  The only change I'd make in that respect is I'd replace one Fireman's Carry with a Throwback Double Leg Takedown that you intend to play after For the Love, which will get you to 6F (which means the Chicken Wings can start flying).  Having the ability to search for and shuffle these cards in irreversibly as well as bury them when they're unsuccessful means that you'll really only need 1 copy unless you get super unlucky, and even if it gets gone, you still have the Fireman's Carry to play after For the Love.

Another mid-match option could be Sending the Crowd Home Happy, since you have the required number of maneuvers (12 when you need 10) from Major Announcement to trigger the victory condition, and it's also a relatively good reversal in the Backlash to have.

And finally, I don't close any Jericho Deck Review without recommending Dynamic Finisher, since it's a 0F action that, when successful, lets you bury 3 cards with World Tour '05, then discard it, put it back in your hand, and shuffle your deck.  Essentially if they don't have action reversals, it's unlimited recovery.  Also, it's a good mid-range TMF.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Vegeta619

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 07:23:39 AM »
How does premiere wwf superstar allow me to play all the for the love of the game?

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2021, 07:30:59 AM »
How does premiere wwf superstar allow me to play all the for the love of the game?

Premiere WWF Superstar - Throwback
Pre-match Event
This card is considered to be Superstar-specific.
Can only be packed by Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rattlesnake, Undertaker, Dead Man Inc, The Phenom, Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, The Mystery Wrestler, Triple H, The Game, Chris Jericho, Highlight Of The Night, The Sexy Beast, Kane, Big Freak’n Machine, Two-Man Power Trip, Brothers of Destruction, or Revolution superstars with the same title.
Your Pre-match Capacity is +3, and your opponent cannot play I'm Gonna Break You.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
V1

The Throwback version gives you 3 extra slots.