Author Topic: The Usos question  (Read 395 times)

Offline venom58913

• View Profile
The Usos question
« on: May 19, 2021, 06:25:22 PM »
So I have a question.
Tag team shenanigans

And the usos
Since Isis says if playing tag logo card or superstar specific you draw a card. 

Can Isis run tag team logo since it doesn't specifically say they can.

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Usos question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 08:21:49 PM »
Tag Team Shenanigans
Backstage Card
Can only be packed when packing Tag cards for your Ability.
You are both the active and inactive player, your opponent is also the inactive opponent.
When you 'tag in', 'tag out', 'tag', or you change the active player, put up to 1 card from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, and you are considered not to have played any cards this turn.
Your opponent's reversals are unaffected by your Surprise Hit cards.
Unique     RMS logo

THE USOS
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 2
Tag Team Superstar Ability: When you successfully play a Superstar-specific card or a card with 'Tag Team' in the text, draw up to 1 card.
You can pack up to 4 copies of non-Throwback Elbow Smash, Forearm Shot, Running Elbow Smash, Spinning Heel Kick, Superkick, Body Slam, Double Leg Takedown, Double Underhook Suplex and Samoan Drop cards. You can pack A Family Legacy, and it gains your logo. You cannot pack any Title Belts except the Tag Team Title Belts.

The bolded line on Tag Team Shenanigans is the key here. "a card with 'Tag Team' in the text" is not a "Tag card." A card with the Tag logo is a Tag card, and nothing about the Usos permit them to pack Tag logo cards, so they cannot pack Tag Team Shenanigans either.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline venom58913

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 06:14:01 PM »
Ok so my question is what does the tag team mean?  Does it mean like the tag belts? 

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 06:21:00 PM »
Tag cards are cards with the Tag logo; the cards that can normally only be played in Tag Team format matches.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CRASHER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 04:06:40 AM »
There's a few cards (Stackplex and Little She Devil come to mind) that have the tag logo but can be played in standard Raw Deal games, Usos love those cards...if you still play All Axxess too...they love those Revo Tag Moves as well :o
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline MonkeyLord13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 07:15:47 AM »
So, just to tie it all together (just using limited example cards, not intended to be to the exclusion of other cards bearing the Tag logo that they can legally pack outside of Tag Team format matches):

Usos can pack and play Little She Devil because, even though it bears the Tag logo, its text that "You may play this card if your Superstar card indicates you may not play any title belt except the Tag Team Title Belts." allows them to pack it even in non-Tag Team format matches. That specific language on LSD creates an exception that lets the Usos pack it even though the Tag logo would normally limit it to Tag Team format matches.

However, because nothing in their ability allows them to specifically pack cards bearing the Tag logo (such as Double Clothesline, which bears the Tag Team symbol and does NOT have any text allowing it be packed by anyone outside of a Tag Team Format match), they cannot pack Tag Team Shenanigans.

In contrast, The Revival's Superstar Ability indicates that "You may pack reversals with the Tag logo." and therefore would allow The Revival to pack Tag Team Shenanigans, so long as they are also packing cards that are the Tag reversals they are allowed to pack.

Is that right?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 07:42:45 AM »
Spot on.