Author Topic: Diving Takedown and Are You Ready For A Good Time  (Read 130 times)

Offline krillin678

• View Profile
Diving Takedown and Are You Ready For A Good Time
« on: February 12, 2021, 11:11:27 AM »
Just to be clear on intended effects,
The following two cards are correct in their interaction, I would discard the diving takedown as an action, perform the rest of the action text, I then could play a high risk maneuver as if I played a strike/grapple/submission 2 damage 1 stun?

Thanks for the help.

Are You Ready For a Good Time?
Pre-match Event
Requirement: Allegiance: Smackdown
Cannot be packed by Eddie Guerrero, or when packing Enforcers, Boston, Massachusetts, Backed by Smackdown GM Vickie Guerrero, or more than 1 copy of This is Just the Beginning (it is Active, and before each of your opponent's Draw Segments you may put that card from any area into your Backlash.)
Discard and overturn 1 less card to activate your Allegiance.
Your Smackdown actions are considered 2D Strike, Grapple, and Submission maneuvers with 1 Stun for your Smackdown High Risks.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS     Smackdown

Diving Takedown
High Risk / Action
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
As an action, this card is -5F, you must discard this card, draw 1 card, and your opponent must discard 1 card. Doing this will cause no damage to your opponent.
Smackdown logo
F: 10      D: 10

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Diving Takedown and Are You Ready For A Good Time
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 11:32:25 AM »
If it was successful, and the High Risk played afterwards had the Smackdown logo, then yes.

At a quick glance in Lackey, the full list of non-Superstar-specific High Risks that can be played after Diving Takedown as an action with Good Time in play:

Flying Takedown
Flying Head Scissors
Flying Mare
Quick Follow Through
Suicide Lariat
Diving Takedown (as a maneuver)
Perfectly-Executed Topé
Flying Lariat
Flying Choke Hold
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.