Author Topic: Swiss Superman clarification  (Read 309 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• View Profile
Swiss Superman clarification
« on: February 04, 2021, 04:06:29 PM »
The Swiss Superman
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, can be played from Ringside, and your opponent cannot prevent you from playing this card.
When this card is in your Ring: your maneuvers are +2D; your non-Unique maneuvers with 'European' in the title are considered to be Strikes, Grapples, Submissions, and High Risks for the effects of your Set-up cards; and your Set-up cards played from hand cannot be reversed when you do not have a card with that title in your Ring.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Would a card like Technical Monkey Flip that is Grapple/Action: Set Up get the cannot be reversed benefit if I played it as a maneuver as long as I dont have another Technical Monkey Flip in my ring?

Offline CRASHER

• View Profile
Re: Swiss Superman clarification
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 04:37:14 PM »
you're playing it as a maneuver and not a set-up action.....doesn't work

(also if he's packing European style, the technicals would lose the set-up part entirely)
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Swiss Superman clarification
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 08:19:32 AM »
To clarify CRASHER's correct answer: Set-up is a sub-class of cards, meaning that when it shows up on a type line, it only applies to the card type that immediately precedes it. Technical Monkey Flip is a Grapple / Action: Set-up, so it's only a Set-up as an Action. In order to count as a Set-up as a maneuver, it would have to say "Grapple: Set-up".

Swiss Superman will work with non-Action Set-ups, but only in the mode that is specifically labeled as a Set-up. It'll trigger on Slingshot into the Ring Post as a maneuver, for example.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.